2018 Atlas CFB Pick Em Contest
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 07, 2024, 09:39:18 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  2018 Atlas CFB Pick Em Contest
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 ... 22
Author Topic: 2018 Atlas CFB Pick Em Contest  (Read 23308 times)
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #325 on: October 20, 2018, 10:38:41 PM »

Congrats Tom! And more importantly, congrats America! The witch is dead!
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #326 on: October 20, 2018, 10:40:50 PM »

Michigan might actually win the Big Ten this year....what timeline are we in?
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #327 on: October 20, 2018, 11:46:12 PM »

With the Ohio State loss, my playoff picture now looks like this:

1. Alabama- With all eyes on the Crimson Tide's showdown with LSU in two weeks a match that may well be a 1 vs 2 game, the fact is if Alabama wins, they probably are in, regardless of what happens in the SEC Championship Game.

2. Clemson- Clemson's dismantling of a ranked NC State squad gets them the #2 seed, and it's still plausible that both Boston College and Duke will be ranked as well when they face Clemson.

3. Notre Dame- The Fighting Irish have the huge advantage of a win against Michigan, plus wins against ranked Stanford and Virginia Tech squads on their ledger, and they have a showdown against USC, where both teams probably will be ranked. The disadvantage is Notre Dame cannot lose the rest of the way, but other than USC game, they really aren't in danger of a loss in my opinion.

4. Michigan- If Michigan beats both Penn State and Ohio State, wins the Big Ten, and Notre Dame keeps winning, they are a  lock. If two of three of those things happen, they are still a strong candidate, except head-to-head against Ohio State, assuming that's where their loss is. Both Michigan and Ohio State currently have better resumes than Texas right now, and even resumes with Oklahoma, with both teams having a chance to add to them against Penn State/ Michigan State and each other, while the Sooners really only have West Virginia and the Big Twelve title game left, likely against Texas.

Just Missed:

Georgia, UCF, Texas, LSU, Oklahoma
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #328 on: October 20, 2018, 11:52:30 PM »

1. Alabama- With all eyes on the Crimson Tide's showdown with LSU in two weeks a match that may well be a 1 vs 2 game, the fact is if Alabama wins, they probably are in, regardless of what happens in the SEC Championship Game.

2. Clemson- Clemson's dismantling of a ranked NC State squad gets them the #2 seed, and it's still plausible that both Boston College and Duke will be ranked as well when they face Clemson.

3. Notre Dame- The Fighting Irish have the huge advantage of a win against Michigan, plus wins against ranked Stanford and Virginia Tech squads on their ledger, and they have a showdown against USC, where both teams probably will be ranked. The disadvantage is Notre Dame cannot lose the rest of the way, but other than USC game, they really aren't in danger of a loss in my opinion.

4. Michigan- If Michigan beats both Penn State and Ohio State, wins the Big Ten, and Notre Dame keeps winning, they are a  lock. If two of three of those things happen, they are still a strong candidate, except head-to-head against Ohio State, assuming that's where their loss is. Both Michigan and Ohio State currently have better resumes than Texas right now, and even resumes with Oklahoma, with both teams having a chance to add to them against Penn State/ Michigan State and each other, while the Sooners really only have West Virginia and the Big Twelve title game left, likely against Texas.

Just Missed:

LSU should be either 3 or 4. I have them at #3.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #329 on: October 21, 2018, 12:53:16 AM »

Just Missed:

LSU should be either 3 or 4. I have them at #3.

I'm assuming LSU loses to Alabama. That said, the winner of that game is in, regardless of what happens in the SEC Championship game.

If Alabama loses they probably are still in, while that isn't true for LSU.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #330 on: October 22, 2018, 11:37:17 AM »

Makes me feel a little better about the shellacking they put on Illinois, LOL.  Though I am under no illusions that Illinois is anything other than a bad football team at this point in time, their losses have, arguably, all been to good teams.  How they fare against a Maryland team that just got put down like a sick pet vs. Iowa will tell me much more.  Need to check out this week's picks and try to stay near the top. Smiley
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.00, S: -7.91

« Reply #331 on: October 22, 2018, 11:38:40 AM »

I'm pretty sure the witch is still undefeated and sitting in the number 1 spot.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #332 on: October 22, 2018, 11:42:57 AM »

I'm pretty sure the witch is still undefeated and sitting in the number 1 spot.

Saban endorsed the great Senator Joe Mancini. Urban Meyer endorsed domestic abuse and gangs.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #333 on: October 24, 2018, 07:59:42 AM »

Some tough picks this week.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #334 on: October 24, 2018, 04:35:01 PM »

Wow, just checked the scoreboard - RINO TOM continuing to prove that consistent mediocrity is the quickest way to the top (nearly a point per week ahead of everyone despite being the leader in zero weeks!)
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #335 on: October 25, 2018, 01:09:23 PM »

Wow, just checked the scoreboard - RINO TOM continuing to prove that consistent mediocrity is the quickest way to the top (nearly a point per week ahead of everyone despite being the leader in zero weeks!)

LMAO, shut it.  The real key is knowing which programs will always disappoint no matter what and when to appreciate some home cookin'.
Fight for Trump
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #336 on: October 25, 2018, 03:33:23 PM »

This is true in so many ways that I don't think he would even understand.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #337 on: October 26, 2018, 11:11:19 AM »

Hilarious what an underdog Kentucky is every week.
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #338 on: October 27, 2018, 05:23:59 PM »

OK, throw your memes at me, Kansas beat TCU.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #339 on: October 27, 2018, 07:14:50 PM »

Kansas: Wins games they're supposed to lose by 30, loses everything else.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #340 on: October 27, 2018, 07:19:08 PM »

ISTR a few years ago there was a team (Missouri?) that had 100% "wrong" results.  They won every game in which they were the underdog and lost every game in which they were favored.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #341 on: October 27, 2018, 07:21:55 PM »

With Houston's flattening of South Florida, I think the door for UCF to actually crash the playoff has finally slammed shut.

Meanwhile, closing in on halfitime and Syracuse is running away with it against a ranked NC State.

Also of note is Northwestern steamrolling Wisconsin, Georgia easily beating Florida to take command of the SEC race, and get themselves back in the playoff picture, and Clemson crushing Florida State, proving the Seminoles problem was not a Jimbo Fisher thing.

Finally Oklahoma State just jumped out to an early lead in Stillwater against Texas, but we've got a long to go there.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #342 on: October 27, 2018, 07:24:38 PM »

ISTR a few years ago there was a team (Missouri?) that had 100% "wrong" results.  They won every game in which they were the underdog and lost every game in which they were favored.

It can't have been a year Missouri was in the SEC and scheduled to play Alabama (such a thing is possible, I think, despite the being in opposite divisions), because Alabama would have won that game easily. I presume it while Missouri was still in the Big Twelve.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #343 on: October 27, 2018, 08:12:28 PM »

It can't have been a year Missouri was in the SEC and scheduled to play Alabama (such a thing is possible, I think, despite the being in opposite divisions), because Alabama would have won that game easily. I presume it while Missouri was still in the Big Twelve.

I'm pretty sure it was Missouri, but now that I think about it, it was more than just a few years ago, so definitely when they were in the Big 12.  Maybe even when it was the Big 8.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #344 on: October 27, 2018, 08:37:25 PM »

CAL!!!

(I was the only one who picked them. Smiley
Dereich
Moderators
YaBB God

« Reply #345 on: October 27, 2018, 08:41:24 PM »

With Houston's flattening of South Florida, I think the door for UCF to actually crash the playoff has finally slammed shut.

Meanwhile, closing in on halfitime and Syracuse is running away with it against a ranked NC State.

Also of note is Northwestern steamrolling Wisconsin, Georgia easily beating Florida to take command of the SEC race, and get themselves back in the playoff picture, and Clemson crushing Florida State, proving the Seminoles problem was not a Jimbo Fisher thing.

Finally Oklahoma State just jumped out to an early lead in Stillwater against Texas, but we've got a long to go there.

I was at that Florida Georgia game. The score is by no means a a good indicator of the quality of that Georgia team. Florida was the better team for most of the first half and the third quarter. Georgia was incapable of running the ball in from the one yard line with seven chances. The Georgia run defense was abysmal and things only got out of hand when Florida (down from 3 turnovers more than anything else) was forced to rely on Franks’ arm to save time on the clock.

Georgia is going to have a very tough time getting past Kentucky’s very good run game and, assuming they actually get to the SEC championship game, will get wiped off the face of the planet by Alabama. They are not a playoff contender.
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #346 on: October 27, 2018, 08:59:14 PM »

Makes me feel a little better about the shellacking they put on Illinois, LOL.  Though I am under no illusions that Illinois is anything other than a bad football team at this point in time, their losses have, arguably, all been to good teams.  How they fare against a Maryland team that just got put down like a sick pet vs. Iowa will tell me much more.  Need to check out this week's picks and try to stay near the top. Smiley

Did you learn enough about Illinois this week?
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #347 on: October 27, 2018, 09:47:19 PM »

They play Alabama every six years....and this is that year (7th year in SEC do only once before)
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #348 on: October 27, 2018, 10:32:45 PM »

They play Alabama every six years....and this is that year (7th year in SEC do only once before)

And the 2012 Missouri Tigers got blown out by Georgia, Alabama, South Carolina and Texas A&M and lost to Florida...all top ten teams at the time they played them, so I don't think that year is what GeorgiaModerate is thinking of.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #349 on: October 27, 2018, 11:18:36 PM »

Notre Dame and Oklahoma need to lose. This is Wazzu's year (to get thrashed by Nicholas)
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 ... 22  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies