WV-Trafalgar Group: Manchin +10 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:35:24 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2018 Senatorial Election Polls
  WV-Trafalgar Group: Manchin +10 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: WV-Trafalgar Group: Manchin +10  (Read 2943 times)
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« on: July 18, 2018, 03:48:17 PM »

MANCHIN!!!!!!!!!! Let's go son!!!!!!!!!!!!
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2018, 03:51:55 PM »

Wait, aren't these guys just the fake predictors?
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2018, 03:55:34 PM »

Oh ok thanks. Yeah, Manchin needs to vote for Kavanaugh, luckily he probably will.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2018, 03:59:54 PM »

Imagine how much Morrisey would be destroying Swearingen by lol.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2018, 11:41:25 PM »

I doubt a single SCOTUS vote will cause that huge a swing.

He might be looking for an excuse to reject him -- such as the conclusion that the ruling that doomed the Nixon Presidency was wrong. "I supported him until" is an effective way of showing bipartisanship in principle even if there must be exceptions.

Manchin I swear... you better vote for Kavanaugh! We aint losin ya buddy!
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2018, 05:18:04 PM »

I doubt a single SCOTUS vote will cause that huge a swing.

He might be looking for an excuse to reject him -- such as the conclusion that the ruling that doomed the Nixon Presidency was wrong. "I supported him until" is an effective way of showing bipartisanship in principle even if there must be exceptions.

Manchin I swear... you better vote for Kavanaugh! We aint losin ya buddy!

Sure, because it's totally worth having a Democrat in the Senate who doesn't vote with the Democrats when it counts.

Would you rather have someone who votes with your party 40% of the time, or someone who votes with your party 3% of the time. That's the difference between Manchin and Generic Republican. Morrisey is Generic Republican. Therefore, if I were a Democrat, I would be expressing my support for Manchin as well.

I would vote for Manchin if I was in WV, but I would do so grudgingly.  I don't think him voting for a ridiculous SCOTUS nominee is anything to applaud, though, especially since I don't think he really has to in order to be reelected.

Voting for Kavanaugh helps to maintain his standing, and there was a poll that came out recently suggesting that the race would be a dead heat if he voted in the negative. But that is a whole other matter. As for Manchin himself, you have to understand that West Virginia is not the state for some full-blown progressive to be campaigning at this stage. Social liberalism does not play well there, and a candidate who embraced such views would probably lose by a wide margin. Manchin is the best Democrat that the Party can get from that state at this point.

This, and also we might not even need him to oppose Kavanaugh. It looks like no Republican besides Paul is even seriously considering voting against him, so even if Manchin voted no, Kavanaugh would still get the seat, and Manchin would face a race where he is no longer the clear favorite. Therefore we need Manchin for Kavanaugh.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies