Trump fist-bumped Erdogan at NATO meeting, says it's "right" to become dictator
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 07, 2024, 04:32:41 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Trump fist-bumped Erdogan at NATO meeting, says it's "right" to become dictator
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Trump fist-bumped Erdogan at NATO meeting, says it's "right" to become dictator  (Read 2544 times)
Blue3
Starwatcher
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 16, 2018, 11:10:41 PM »

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-fist-bumped-turkish-leader-erdogan-said-he-does-things-the-right-way/

Trump fist-bumped Turkish leader Erdogan, said he "does things the right way"

On "CBS This Morning" Monday, Ian Bremmer, president of the Eurasia Group and a CBS News senior global affairs contributor, said that backstage at the NATO meeting there were elements that were even more eyebrow-raising than reports have suggested.

"One is that emergency session where they asked the Georgian and Ukrainian presidents to leave in the middle of their presentation. Apparently Trump said, 'OK, we're done with you now,'" Bremmer said.

"Trump was very frustrated; he wasn't getting commitments from other leaders to spend more. Many of them said, 'Well, we have to ask our parliaments. We have a process; we can't just tell you we're going to spend more, we have a legal process.' Trump turns around to the Turkish president, Recep Erdogan, and says, 'Except for Erdogan over here. He does things the right way,' and then actually fist-bumps the Turkish president."
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2018, 11:17:43 PM »

Too bad the Democrats never bother to resist Trump on military spending.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2018, 11:31:36 PM »

Only Jfern could turn this into "it's the Democrats fault because...."
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2018, 11:41:06 PM »

These are like details from a really bad, horror movie.
Who would think that a world leader would conduct himself is such a Deplorable manner?
And right in front of so many other world leaders.
It's way beyond normal comprehension of how humans behave.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2018, 11:43:33 PM »

Trump does things on a daily, even near hourly, basis, that would've (rightly) ruined any other president from either party.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2018, 11:49:23 PM »

Terrorist fist-jab?
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2018, 11:55:37 PM »

Oh god Trump, stop salivating on the feet of dictators. It's pathetic.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2018, 12:07:52 AM »

Oh god Trump, stop salivating on the feet of dictators. It's pathetic.

If only it was only their feet he salivated on.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2018, 12:16:35 AM »

LOL. But he’s better than that corrupt bitch who couldn’t even control her husband let alone the country, am I right?
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2018, 12:31:09 AM »

I suppose it's too much to ask for the Democrats to not be way more pro-military spending than Angela Merkel's government?
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2018, 12:50:40 AM »

I suppose it's too much to ask for the Democrats to not be way more pro-military spending than Angela Merkel's government?

I suppose it's too much to ask from you to stop obsessing about the EVIL Democratic establishment in every thread.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2018, 12:51:15 AM »

No, your problem is that you think it's always relevant to say no matter what the topic at hand is. Have you really not grasped that after all this time? People have said it to you like dozens of different ways by now.

Most people would just wait for a situation to come up where they can say something like that and have it actually be relevant to the discussion. You just blurt it out whenever you want, because, well, reasons?
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2018, 01:17:54 AM »

No, your problem is that you think it's always relevant to say no matter what the topic at hand is. Have you really not grasped that after all this time? People have said it to you like dozens of different ways by now.

Most people would just wait for a situation to come up where they can say something like that and have it actually be relevant to the discussion. You just blurt it out whenever you want, because, well, reasons?

Trump fist bumped Erdogan because their military spending / GDP is like 2/3rds of ours. I think our bloated military spending is rather on topic here.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2018, 01:22:14 AM »

Who would think that a world leader would conduct himself is such a Deplorable manner?

Hillary Diane Rodham Clinton.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2018, 01:52:47 AM »

Trump fist bumped Erdogan because their military spending / GDP is like 2/3rds of ours. I think our bloated military spending is rather on topic here.

Trump fist bumped Erdogan because the latter is a dictator and the former admires him for that.
Even a 5-year old can see that, but obviously you can't.
mvd10
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 2.58, S: -2.61

« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2018, 06:05:21 AM »

Trump cultists obviously badly want white sharia. No surprise he loves mr. goatlover.
Koharu
jphp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.35

« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2018, 07:17:17 AM »

Trump does things on a daily, even near hourly, basis, that would've (rightly) ruined any other president from either party.

This. This. This. I don't understand this at ALL. How is he getting away with this? I'm thankful the media is taking him to task, but it's just infuriating that all Congress is doing so far is bloviating.
Old Man Willow
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2018, 08:23:10 AM »

Trump is a fascist pig. He gets away with it because he accurately represents the half of the country that are fascist pigs.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2018, 09:00:11 AM »

There is no more politics when it comes to Trump.  You're either with him, or you're a patriotic American.  Patriots must vote him out, and that means voting for a Democrat.  After the Democrat wins, you can go back to politics as usual.  But until this wannabe dictator is out, politics is anything but usual.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2018, 09:06:21 AM »

There is no more politics when it comes to Trump.  You're either with him, or you're a patriotic American.  Patriots must vote him out, and that means voting for a Democrat.  After the Democrat wins, you can go back to politics as usual.  But until this wannabe dictator is out, politics is anything but usual.
give me somebody worth voting for and I will.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2018, 09:11:26 AM »

You truly don't see any of the potential Dem candidates as being even the slightest bit better than Trump?
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2018, 09:46:41 AM »

You truly don't see any of the potential Dem candidates as being even the slightest bit better than Trump?
Most of them I'd imagine, it's not hard to be better than Trump.  Going to have to do better than last time.  On a scale of 1-100 with the evil guy on Hitler's right shoulder as a 1 and some, mythological person that always believes in the same things I do as a 100...Trump is a like a 17 and Hillary is a 21 (G.Johnson at, say, 79, Obama a 48)....you're going to have to have somebody I measure as at least in the low 40s to consider it.  I'm sure you've got those people....Biden might work, I just don't have any faith that your party will pick one.

On the other hand, this is Trump...if he keeps going the way he's going, and there is a shot my vote might actually make a difference, I might consider voting for any gun control loving, capitalist hating, SJW pandering douchenozzle you goofballs nominate.....nah, no chance.
Cold War Liberal
KennedyWannabe99
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -6.53

« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2018, 09:54:27 AM »

DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2018, 11:36:23 AM »

I thought disliking Erdogan was Islamophobic. Interesting how our resident appeasement cultists suddenly oppose Erdogan now that Trump is chill with him.
Fight for Trump
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2018, 11:40:35 AM »

I thought disliking Erdogan was Islamophobic. Interesting how our resident appeasement cultists suddenly oppose Erdogan now that Trump is chill with him.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies