Menendez +2 (NJ, Gravis) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 08:05:42 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2018 Senatorial Election Polls
  Menendez +2 (NJ, Gravis) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Menendez +2 (NJ, Gravis)  (Read 5564 times)
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« on: July 16, 2018, 02:58:51 PM »

Bullsh**t.
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2018, 03:01:01 PM »

Trump does not have a 47% approval rating in NJ. Jesus Gravis.
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2018, 03:06:10 PM »

Can someone direct link to the PDF? I refuse to give Breitbart clicks. (I knew about the 47% thing from a DKE comment)
Oh no, this was a Breitbart poll? It was already garbage, but this is ridiculous. Their last poll(Texas) was widely out of wack, this poll is too. Gravis should stop its deals with Breitbart, its what gives them a bad name.

Paid for and exclusively released to Brietbart.
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2018, 03:12:45 PM »

Oh oh oh, and this gem:

"In the 2016 presidential election, whom did you vote for:
Clinton - 45%
Trump - 43%"

This poll should not be entered in the database. It is not a data point.
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2018, 03:15:10 PM »

Can someone direct link to the PDF? I refuse to give Breitbart clicks. (I knew about the 47% thing from a DKE comment)

https://www.scribd.com/document/383965405/New-Jersey-Gravis-Marketing-Poll
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2018, 03:29:05 PM »

Ah, suddenly Gravis is trash again.

They always were.

If This poll is even close to accurate that means that congressional Republicans will probably be doing much better than expected in Mew Jersey

It's not.
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2018, 05:44:38 PM »

Well if this race seems really so competitive, then the Republicans maybe should focus more on New Jersey.

The NJ media market is disgustingly expensive. If we get some decent quality polls backing this poll up, i'd say yes. But theres a reason NJ is famous for being fools gold for republicans.

BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2018, 07:06:51 AM »

This poll is hilarious. No way is it accurate. I will say though, Menendez needs to just try and give the slightest bit of a crap about the race. He won't lose, but it would be beneficial for him to not end up winning by an embarrassingly small margin for a New Jersey Democrat. Hugin is already running ads, making himself look like the lesser evil, when that just isn't true. Menendez needs to run a few ads here and there that emphasize the importance of keeping Democratic numbers in the Senate. He should be fine if he does that. There are plenty of Democrat hacks in this state, like myself that will vote for him regardless. They just need to be reminded to because it's a pretty easy expectation that Menendez will coast again, as he always does. I don't know if he will heed my advice though. I will agree with some other posters, in that I really would have preferred if he just didn't run for re-election.

In my opinion, the more moral and less corrupt candidate should take precedence over the more corrupt and less moral one, even if that candidate is at odds with your political viewpoints.

Menendez would be in jail now if SCOTUS didn't de facto legalize corruption in order to save a Republican governor.

I dont think the hung jury was taking the Scotus decision into account..
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2018, 12:25:43 PM »

Menendez will win by six, he had a rough race in 2004. But, he will win

It'll be closer to 16.
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2018, 01:54:05 PM »

No, sixteen, he will win about the same margin as Brown.

FTFY
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2018, 04:10:42 PM »

I'm surprised they didn't torch Menendez in 2006 when he started polling badly against Kean.
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2018, 07:21:57 PM »

Congratulations on your nomination for the "Understatement of the year" award!

He seems to have major ethical issues every cycle he runs in. Trips to Cuba, underage prostitutes, bribes...

Democrats should have thrown his ass to the curb already.

BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2018, 02:48:04 PM »

I hope Monmouth polls this race again so we can all shut up about the ethics of voting for Menendez.

Heres there last poll in April btw, during the actual trial.

https://www.monmouth.edu/polling-institute/reports/MonmouthPoll_NJ_041218/

I dont think Menendez will win by 21, but he'll easily clear double digits.
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2018, 05:00:30 PM »

Menendez sucks, but democrats cant afford to lose a single seat if they want to put a check on Trump. You'd be fooling yourself if you think Hugin wouldnt be a rubber stamp for anything Trump wanted and would vote to protect him at every turn. Even Collin's herself votes with the president 80% of the time. So If you care about "corruption, access, campaign finance laws, or anything like that", then the only choice is Menendez.

Edit:

And seriously, its a Gravis poll paid for by Brietbart. This race will not be close, nor should it be. I wish Menendez had lost his primary but for the sake of a better furture, Menendez needs to and will win re-election in November.
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2018, 05:10:34 PM »

Menendez sucks, but democrats cant afford to lose a single seat if they want to put a check on Trump. You'd be fooling yourself if you think Hugin wouldnt be a rubber stamp for anything Trump wanted and would vote to protect him at every turn. Even Collin's herself votes with the president 80% of the time. So If you care about "corruption, access, campaign finance laws, or anything like that", then the only choice is Menendez.

Edit:

And seriously, its a Gravis poll paid for by Brietbart. This race will not be close, nor should it be. I wish Menendez had lost his primary but for the sake of a better furture, Menendez needs to and will win re-election in November.

But is Menendez's seat absolutely necessary for the Democrats? What if they pickup Nevada and Arizona, and hold the seats in the swing states? What if they pickup Tennessee? It's unfortunate the only thing which could knock Menendez off would be a Roy Moore-type scandal.

I'm assuming we lose either Donnelly, McCaskill or Heitkamp. Maybe we lose all three. There is very little room for error.
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2018, 05:58:27 PM »

Edit:

But is Menendez's seat absolutely necessary for the Democrats? What if they pickup Nevada and Arizona, and hold the seats in the swing states? What if they pickup Tennessee? It's unfortunate the only thing which could knock Menendez off would be a Roy Moore-type scandal.

I'm assuming we lose either Donnelly, McCaskill or Heitkamp. Maybe we lose all three. There is very little room for error.

There is, but I would rather have a tied Senate then one in which the majority is thanks to some corrupted personage. But that is my personal opinion. It's unfortunate that partisanship is more important than choosing the more ethical and more upright candidate.

Menendez is the more ethical and more upright candidate.
I'm sure the underage Dominican prostitutes agree

In Menendez's defense, that story was bullsh**t.
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2018, 08:45:54 PM »

While I doubt Menendez loses, this could end up being like VA-Sen 2014.

New Jersey hasn't had a competitive senate election in over a decade and a Republican hasn't gotten within 5 points of a senate seat in 18 years.  New Jersey is not elastic enough, nor are there enough registered republicans/swing democrats for this to become a repeat of VA 2014.

I know Menendez is unpopular, but he was unpopular in 2006(similar environment) but still won by 9 points. That state has only gotten bluer since then.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies