Menendez +2 (NJ, Gravis) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 09:59:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2018 Senatorial Election Polls
  Menendez +2 (NJ, Gravis) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Menendez +2 (NJ, Gravis)  (Read 5737 times)
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« on: July 16, 2018, 06:36:39 PM »

This poll is hilarious. No way is it accurate. I will say though, Menendez needs to just try and give the slightest bit of a crap about the race. He won't lose, but it would be beneficial for him to not end up winning by an embarrassingly small margin for a New Jersey Democrat. Hugin is already running ads, making himself look like the lesser evil, when that just isn't true. Menendez needs to run a few ads here and there that emphasize the importance of keeping Democratic numbers in the Senate. He should be fine if he does that. There are plenty of Democrat hacks in this state, like myself that will vote for him regardless. They just need to be reminded to because it's a pretty easy expectation that Menendez will coast again, as he always does. I don't know if he will heed my advice though. I will agree with some other posters, in that I really would have preferred if he just didn't run for re-election.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2018, 06:24:29 PM »

This poll is hilarious. No way is it accurate. I will say though, Menendez needs to just try and give the slightest bit of a crap about the race. He won't lose, but it would be beneficial for him to not end up winning by an embarrassingly small margin for a New Jersey Democrat. Hugin is already running ads, making himself look like the lesser evil, when that just isn't true. Menendez needs to run a few ads here and there that emphasize the importance of keeping Democratic numbers in the Senate. He should be fine if he does that. There are plenty of Democrat hacks in this state, like myself that will vote for him regardless. They just need to be reminded to because it's a pretty easy expectation that Menendez will coast again, as he always does. I don't know if he will heed my advice though. I will agree with some other posters, in that I really would have preferred if he just didn't run for re-election.

In my opinion, the more moral and less corrupt candidate should take precedence over the more corrupt and less moral one
Agreed. Any Republican would be a rubber stamp and enabler for this corrupt, immoral and  treasonous administration and must be defeated

Yep, this is a "sorry, not sorry" circumstance. Though Hugin has been airing ads that make him appear to be a RINO. I don't buy it for a second though. It's not even clear how moral Hugin really is. He is a Big Pharma executive after all.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2018, 07:42:07 PM »

Menendez sucks, but democrats cant afford to lose a single seat if they want to put a check on Trump. You'd be fooling yourself if you think Hugin wouldnt be a rubber stamp for anything Trump wanted and would vote to protect him at every turn. Even Collin's herself votes with the president 80% of the time. So If you care about "corruption, access, campaign finance laws, or anything like that", then the only choice is Menendez.

Edit:

And seriously, its a Gravis poll paid for by Brietbart. This race will not be close, nor should it be. I wish Menendez had lost his primary but for the sake of a better furture, Menendez needs to and will win re-election in November.

Thank you! This is what I have been saying all along. Hopefully most New Jersey voters will vote that way, as should be expected. It's all about the numbers.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies