Ukrainian presidential election, 31.03.2019 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:29:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Ukrainian presidential election, 31.03.2019 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who do you support for the Ukrainian Presidency?
Petro Poroshenko (BPP)

Yulia Tymoshenko (BA)

Anatoliy Hrytsenko (GP)

Yuri Boyko (OB)

Andrii Sadovyi (SP)

Oleg Lyashko (RP)

Vadim Rabynovych (ZZ)

Svyatoslav Vakarchuk (IND)

Vladimir Zelenski (SN)

Other (please specify)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 19

Author Topic: Ukrainian presidential election, 31.03.2019  (Read 3861 times)
kelestian
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -2.39, S: 1.48

« on: July 17, 2018, 10:41:27 AM »

#ImWithHer #ВонаПрацює #VoteTymoshenko
kelestian
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2018, 07:39:00 AM »

1)What party has the union and/or worker vote. How does the parties view the trade Unions
2)How do minorities such as LGBT, Jews, and Tatars vote for
3)How credible are corruption allegations against Tymoshenko
4)since fighting lost interest around 2016 in the US media, what’s happened on the eastern front. How does that translate to policy and campaigning
5) what issues are hot button in Ukraine right now

1) Oligarch Akhmetov has great influence on unions, as his homeland - Donbass - is the most industrial region. So they would vote for OB/For Life. But workers from the west of the country would vote for pro-western parties, so geographical divide is more important.

2) Jews - for different parties, some are supporters of eastern parties (Rabinovich, the head of the For Life party, is the classical jewish man from Odessa). Tatars are living mostly in Crimea, they voted for pro-western parties like "Our Ukraine". Now their leaders are in Poroshenko party, but i doubt many tatars will vote.

3) As credible as allegations against any Ukrainian major politicians, so - highly credible.

4) Some local fightings happened every day. Now it is low-level conflict. Important question is transition of prisoners between Ukraine and Russia/separatists.

5) Wages, high-cost of living, corruption, immigration of ukrainian workers, IMF program, infrastructure, car accidents etc.
kelestian
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2018, 03:05:13 AM »

Interesting thread, have a few more questions.

Tell me more about this Rinakhtov fellow, any info I get is kind of divided on the Ukraine sovereignty issue. Some sources, like what is indicated here says he is supporting the Russians, yet others show him fighting the separatists. I would like to know of wether Lyashko is bought by him, as he seems anti-Russia.

How is the IMF issue and Ukrainian migration viewed? Is there reforms underway? How w is the Ukrainian economy doing?

What parties and candidates are the least bought by oligarchs?

Akhmetov is doing what is good for him. At the start, he supported separatists to get concessions from new Kiev government. But situation went out of his control. Now he controls pro-Russian OB and pro-western Lyashko party. Both support laws which help Akhmetov business empire. Also Renat has good relations with Poroshenko.

Lyashko was very anti-Russian during last elections, but this time, as he tries to win some votes in East, he has changed his rhetoric to some degree.

Migration is viewed as bad thing (it definitely is), but noone knows what to do. IMF program is supported by governing coalition and Self-Reliance, other parties are against.
Now the most important question is, would be there more tranches from IMF to Ukraine? Last tranche was year ago, and IMF demands from Kiev raising of gas costings for population - Poroshenko promised such raising long time ago. But government doesn't want to do this, it would kill all political opportunities of Poroshenko, his party, Groysman and Popular Front.
Basically, if government doesn't raise costing in two months, IMF would close its program. After that, economists expect major economical crisis for Ukraine, maybe even default.
kelestian
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2018, 06:58:23 AM »
« Edited: August 08, 2018, 09:42:41 AM by kelestian »

Opinion poll from "Rating Group"
All participants:

Timoshenko 11.1%
Gritsenko 6.7%
Boyko 6.4%
Lyashko 5.9%
Poroshenko 5.3%

Likely voters without undecided:

Timoshenko 17.7%
Gritsenko 10.7%
Boyko 8.9%
Lyashko 8.5%
Poroshenko 8.3%

kelestian
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2018, 09:45:27 AM »

Opinion poll from "Rating Group"
All participants:

Timoshenko 11.1%
Gritsenko 6.7%
Boyko 6.4%
Lyashko 5.9%
Poroshenko 5.3%

Likely voters without undecides:

Timoshenko 17.7%
Gritsenko 10.7%
Boyko 8.9%
Lyashko 8.5%
Poroshenko 8.3%

>poroshenko below lyashko

ouch

Within the margin! I'm interested will he overperform Yushenko's 2010 result (5,75%) ?
kelestian
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2018, 10:52:59 AM »

It seems the last 3 Ukraine Presidents all finished their term with horrible approval ratings.   Yushchenko ran in 2010 and finished in the low single digits.  Yanukovych was overthrown in a coup but would have for sure lost by a mile if he ran for re-election.  It seems now Poroshenko is meeting the same fate.  I guess the voter expectations are just way beyond what the current Ukraine state is capable of generating.    

I doubt about Yanukovich tho. He had about 20-30% in all opinion polls until his escaping. He would have lost 2015 presidential elections to opposition candidate (Clichko/Poroshenko), but he definitely would be in the second tour. His situation was different from Yuschenko's and Poroshenko's, as Yanukovish was non-alternative candidate from the East.
kelestian
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2018, 03:51:06 PM »
« Edited: August 10, 2018, 03:52:33 AM by kelestian »

It seems the last 3 Ukraine Presidents all finished their term with horrible approval ratings.   Yushchenko ran in 2010 and finished in the low single digits.  Yanukovych was overthrown in a coup but would have for sure lost by a mile if he ran for re-election.  It seems now Poroshenko is meeting the same fate.  I guess the voter expectations are just way beyond what the current Ukraine state is capable of generating.    

I doubt about Yanukovish tho. He had about 20-30% in all opinion polls until his escaping. He would have lost 2015 presidential elections to opposition candidate (Clichko/Poroshenko), but he definitely would be in the second tour. His situation was different from Yuschenko's and Poroshenko's, as Yanukovish was non-alternative candidate from the East.

I did recall he was polling OK in late 2013 but those polls were done before the 2014 crisis.  I suspect after the crisis started there is no way he could be polling that well so even if he survived the Euromaidan uprising he was for sure doomed in any re-election effort.  Most likely by a mile.

He even leaded in these polls (January 2014)
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opinion_polling_for_the_Ukrainian_presidential_election,_2014
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies