Ukrainian presidential election, 31.03.2019 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 10:15:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Ukrainian presidential election, 31.03.2019 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who do you support for the Ukrainian Presidency?
Petro Poroshenko (BPP)

Yulia Tymoshenko (BA)

Anatoliy Hrytsenko (GP)

Yuri Boyko (OB)

Andrii Sadovyi (SP)

Oleg Lyashko (RP)

Vadim Rabynovych (ZZ)

Svyatoslav Vakarchuk (IND)

Vladimir Zelenski (SN)

Other (please specify)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 19

Author Topic: Ukrainian presidential election, 31.03.2019  (Read 3894 times)
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« on: July 14, 2018, 11:52:12 AM »

Someone who represents the nationalist right, is committed to destroying the power of the oligarchs, and isn't bought and paid for.

None of the above. Oleh Tyahnybok
... but this one is too extreme for me. Not going to support someone from Svoboda.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2018, 05:11:16 AM »

Poroshenko has like sub-Flanby level approvals atm iirc - will he even run again?
No, almost definitely not.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2018, 09:48:22 AM »
« Edited: August 05, 2018, 09:52:08 AM by DavidB. »

3)How credible are corruption allegations against Tymoshenko
This is Ukraine. All politicians are corrupt. The question is only to which extent.

So a lot of the Ukrainian parliament are liberals and conservatives, is there a Labor party or movement? What do unions go for in this environment?

'Labor' I would say is unfortunately caught up in Soviet nostalgia a bit - I would say the most left-wing party economically is OB. But I doubt it will be that important a political divide for this election.

Someone who represents the nationalist right, is committed to destroying the power of the oligarchs, and isn't bought and paid for.

... but this one is too extreme for me. Not going to support someone from Svoboda.
I guess you want Lyashko, so I suppose we can be happy you won't be voting.
Don't know much about him, so I'm interested: why would I prefer him?

Since this thread seems to be more about our opinion than about actual election discussion, and since Karpatsky opened a more fact-based thread, I requested to have this one moved to Individual Politics by one of the moderators.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2018, 12:20:43 PM »
« Edited: September 15, 2018, 12:25:26 PM by DavidB. »

Does anyone know why this thread was moved out of Int'l Politics? Does it somehow not qualify?
Because there was another thread, I think, and this one's OP was basically "who would you vote for?", which is Individual Politics content.

I guess you want Lyashko, so I suppose we can be happy you won't be voting.
Still interested in learning more about him. Could you elaborate?

Currently it is a mixed system, like Germany. More respondents would prefer a FPP system (16.5%) to the current system (15%), which says something.
As far as I know it is not "like in Germany", because the Ukrainian system is not proportional: unlike in Germany, Ukraine does not have a mechanism with overhang and additional mandates to make sure the ultimate seat distribution is proportional. Therefore the Ukrainian system can be classified as MMM whereas the German system is MMP.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies