The Crusader (Public Service Announcement) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:55:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Crusader (Public Service Announcement) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Crusader (Public Service Announcement)  (Read 26610 times)
At-Large Senator LouisvilleThunder
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: 1.74

P P P
« on: August 30, 2018, 12:24:10 AM »

One of the most active congresses ever within Atlasian History both pre and post reset (perhaps the most active ever with nearly 55! bills passed through Congress, though I can't say the most as I am not the Atlasian history guru part of this ticket Wink ) along with fixing up the Wiki by and large and implementing Constitutional reform, including one of your very measures that failed the first time, quite uninspiring indeed Wink

One can be active while being uninspiring, Mr. Vice-President (hell, I should know), they're not mutually exclusive. And clearly we have vastly different visions as to what the extent of consitutional reform ought to be.

But hey, if you're actually having fun with the present state of affairs, I'm happy for you!
I think it is helping the game in the sense that it provides legislation to repeal or edit in the future if needed by a future generation which is not yet blooming but will soon enough, I also agree that we need numerous new players to run for positions after the Yankee/dfw administration concludes, whenever that may be.

I find it ironic that last October I was "putting too many inexperienced new people in the WH", now this October I am putting too much experience in it. Cannot win!

Lumine just likes to howl whichever fake narrative suits his personal agenda best at a given time.
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2020, 09:10:00 PM »

A half-cocked banning of assault weapons
Despicable. I am placing you under arrest for aggravated assault against the English language.
I figured this was a nice pun lol.
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2020, 07:57:27 PM »

I think I should address several misconceptions about what I meant in the interview.

I did not believe that MB would've defeated Pericles in a primary if it was actually held since the numbers were on Peri's side all the way through (MB bringing third party lefties into Labor did make it more competitive to the point that Peri would feel insecure and would actually have to campaign hard for a win which is probably what spurred the rules change). However, I do feel like that changing the rules and disenfranchising a lot of people in what was really a blatant and greedy power grab for Pericles de-legitimized his nomination. Of course we know this ended with Pericles clearly winning the general election with Laborite defections kept at a bare minimum (there was that HCP/Sestak protest ticket which wasn't particularly useful as a vehicle for protest since I know Sestak ensured that most of his voters preferenced Pericles over Koopa but at least it knocked Peri under 50% on the first round). And of course we can't ignore the fact that MB's little deal with Pericles orchestrated by Windjammer didn't play out so great for MB as he ended up getting his dues from myself instead of going to the White House. He didn't have to drop out of the presidential race just because he lost the primary, but this Labor mentality of loyalty and unity at all costs can't give them ownership of the game forever, but some may digress at their own loss. As for other points, I was honest in telling what I really think. It's good that Pericles creates his own opposition, and I'm largely proud of the Federalist Party and the way we do things regardless of what the haters say.
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2021, 11:34:51 PM »

LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2021, 11:12:18 AM »

Wonderful job, Lumine!
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2022, 03:49:01 PM »
« Edited: April 26, 2022, 03:55:25 PM by Southern Governor LouisvilleThunder »

The task that awaits the President and his or her eventual successor is a monumental one. Aside from this call for justice, we in The Crusader also believe that, after treason, there must be a period of Reconstruction. We must have a conversation on what works in Atlasia, what doesn’t work, and what can work better, a conversation not constrained to a few people in a Discord server. We must look beyond the Constitutional provisions, and also consider which behavioral things can be changed or worked upon. We must, essentially, seize the opportunity to see what can change for the better, and rebuild a stronger nation.

I wholeheartedly agree with the whole editorial, but this part particularly stands out to me as something that should be emphasized. I worry that people will overlook this time as just a blemish on Atlasia's history that we should just move on from and change nothing. We need to seriously look into changing game mechanics as an option for moving forward.
A lot of this is dependent on people, and not whatever setup we have at a given time. If you get an enduring majority of elected officials who want to tear down the game, then you are screwed no matter what reforms you have put in place.
It's impossible to reform away this scenario.

Which is why behavior is the single most important thing to emphasize. Prudence helps immensely in having a functional game.
Behavior such as just voting straight ticket left in order to keep the game dead. Since even if "lawful Labor" wins, it just sets the stage for more members in the party to turn radical like this later on since they simply have no purpose other than to make Adam Griffin's ego happy.
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2023, 05:29:59 PM »

Maybe the junior federal associate justice can be "removed instantly." I would be fine with that.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies