The Crusader (Public Service Announcement) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 04:01:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Crusader (Public Service Announcement) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Crusader (Public Service Announcement)  (Read 26638 times)
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« on: September 06, 2018, 05:14:31 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.
The solution we used on Fremont was to give the head of government (so in this case, the governor) equal powers with the speaker to moderate debate, so one can keep the ball rolling if the other is AWOL. That provision came in handy more than once while I was PM alongside an inactive speaker.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2018, 08:04:50 PM »

So I am curious, why the use of the term "federalism" as opposed to "Federalists" in some places, Lumine?

I actually kind of like it, don't get me wrong.

I consider it an equivalent to "Laborism", that is, a mindset beyond a purely partisan concept (and not a reference to a federal system of government itself). Bear in mind that the phrase would make sense in Spanish, so it's probably the non-native english speaker thing at work.
It used to be more common to distinguish between "partyists" as a collective noun and the mindset associated with that party; English (or at least, American English) has gotten profoundly lazy about this the last century or so. Political writings from the Jacksonian era refer to "the Democracy" in conjunction with the Democratic party much as you use "Federalism" (i.e. as reference to a political perspective, as opposed to a group of people associated with that perspective). Nowadays, when discussions of political philosophy more or less consist of replacing "liberal" or "conservative" for whatever the official position of the DNC/RNC is on a particular issue, people rarely bother with it anymore. /rant

Anyways, I agree with Yankee in finding the term most pleasing. Smiley
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2019, 02:43:52 AM »

I for one welcome our new Lizardpeople Labor overlords
Labor is Illuminati confirmed
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2019, 08:10:25 PM »

I'll be honest, the reason why a full edition of this hasn't come out is that I'm actually not sure if it's actually proper for me to do it.

In retrospect some mistakes made a while ago probably did cross the line in terms of what is actually appropiate, something I do feel rather guilty of. As I've taken on a more active role dealing with appropiate content on the board (racism, personal attacks, trolling and so) I've actually wondered if it's not rather... contradictory to be at the same time policing inappropiate content but producing a newspaper/satire news media that could also fall into that stuff without intending to.

So yeah, I'm still meditating what to do with The Crusader. I'd appreciate some feedback if anyone has an opinion on it, but still haven't decided what to do here.
I've never felt anything published in the Crusader has crossed the line when it comes to personal attacks. As for trolling —well, who here is innocent? I'd much rather have quality publications like the Crusader than take a hard line on this issue.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2019, 10:07:40 AM »

*waves*
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2019, 10:34:17 AM »

r/FrémontDidNothingWrong
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2019, 03:27:53 PM »

I don't know about the rest of y'all, but I am collecting the best nicknames in this thread!
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2019, 07:04:03 PM »

I remember someone once described Griffin as Atlasia's Donald Trump, so this seems really fitting Tongue
That would be Adam himself. Tongue
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2019, 05:51:01 PM »

There wasn’t a third bear because the others
really, really hated Parliamentarism.
Literally laughed out loud.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2019, 12:04:20 PM »

It's almost as if the "Lost Cause" is a massive fraud authored by traitors and perpetuated by useful idiots and the historically illiterate to mask the rising drumbeat of racism!
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2020, 08:54:24 PM »

A half-cocked banning of assault weapons
Despicable. I am placing you under arrest for aggravated assault against the English language.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2021, 11:45:55 PM »

Remember that ye are but a wretched sinner, uncleaned, fit only to be hewn down and BURNED. Stay thy life in prayer and hope that God sees fit to have mercy on thy corrupted soul!!!

NO MUSIC!!!!

I'm impressed, Yankee. When did you convert to liberalism?

A fountain of pollution indeed is deep within thy nature.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2021, 10:17:39 PM »

Beautiful prose, as ever, Lumine. I wish there were a nation worthier of this effort.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2021, 07:51:42 PM »

If an artillerist fired an anti-aircraft missile at Wulfric's skull, he would be just fine.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies