The Crusader (Public Service Announcement) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 02:02:51 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Crusader (Public Service Announcement) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Crusader (Public Service Announcement)  (Read 26635 times)
Attorney General, Senator-Elect, & Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« on: October 17, 2021, 06:46:14 PM »

What the Crusader claims: WJ responded in a rational manner
What actually happened: WJ threatened the careers of Atlasian Elected Officials

Enough said.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2022, 05:31:13 PM »

The task that awaits the President and his or her eventual successor is a monumental one. Aside from this call for justice, we in The Crusader also believe that, after treason, there must be a period of Reconstruction. We must have a conversation on what works in Atlasia, what doesn’t work, and what can work better, a conversation not constrained to a few people in a Discord server. We must look beyond the Constitutional provisions, and also consider which behavioral things can be changed or worked upon. We must, essentially, seize the opportunity to see what can change for the better, and rebuild a stronger nation.

I wholeheartedly agree with the whole editorial, but this part particularly stands out to me as something that should be emphasized. I worry that people will overlook this time as just a blemish on Atlasia's history that we should just move on from and change nothing. We need to seriously look into changing game mechanics as an option for moving forward.
A lot of this is dependent on people, and not whatever setup we have at a given time. If you get an enduring majority of elected officials who want to tear down the game, then you are screwed no matter what reforms you have put in place.
It's impossible to reform away this scenario.

Which is why behavior is the single most important thing to emphasize. Prudence helps immensely in having a functional game.
Behavior such as just voting straight ticket left in order to keep the game dead. Since even if "lawful Labor" wins, it just sets the stage for more members in the party to turn radical like this later on since they simply have no purpose other than to make Adam Griffin's ego happy.

Honestly from what I've seen (which has included some discord stuff), I have nothing but admiration for the Old Labor Party. It would have been easy for them to just fall in line behind OBD under "Well maybe I don't like all of this, but we can't empower the Feds and DA". Instead they stood up against it all to provide a fair election, pivotal votes without which impeachment would not have succeeded, and ultimately a continuance of the game as a whole. I'll remain observant, including of the result of any reconciliation with the OBD cult they may pursue, but ultimately, as I've done for every office since leaving Labor, I'll be voting for the best person for the job.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2022, 08:54:38 PM »

I will note that this instance of yellow journalism has left out some important omissions as to current comments being made by members of the Atlasian right, such as those defending fascist dictator Benito Mussolini.

Not sure where you plan on going with this, but given the right's open tolerance of doxxing and voter intimidation, bringing up some dead guy from nearly a century ago probably isn't going to make progress.

Right because nothing intimidates voters more than the firing of the elections admin, held in high regard for many years for her devoted service, to effect a plot to steal an election, as suspected during its progress to the point of having to advance plan lawsuits just to ensure the seating of the lawfully elected Senate, and confirmed towards its end.

I seriously have no idea what you're talking about. I've been away for all of this drama and haven't seen any of the leaks, but I will not forget what happened last June.

Seems that no one wants to adequately fill me in either, so be it.

The direct links from Atlas to the leaks were removed because they contain a few references to poster's ages/locations. I do retain a copy thereof (although I haven't read it comprehensively as of this writing) but I am not going to pm it out as I am against doxxing on principle, in all its forms (hence why I'm never voting for LT again and regret doing so last June). However, I do understand that an appropriately redacted version of the leaks is being prepared.

The TL;DR is that the Kansas Crisis and the resignation of Lumine served as a useful jumping off point to a large plot to install a partisan GM, give Truman and OBD complete control of the government (above and beyond even the Supreme Court), arrest key individuals within Non-Labor coalitions, take over Southern territory, rig elections, and ultimately destroy the game as we know it (opinions and accounts differ as to whether the end result would be a newly composed Atlasia containing a Larger Fremont, a Larger Lincoln, and a "demilitarized zone" representing the Deep South, the complete end of any sort of Atlasia at all, or merely Fremont Seceding after a long period of instability, war, and oppression of opponents).
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2022, 11:43:58 AM »

Having a copy of the leaks and read a good portion of it I haven't seen Sev in there [though there is one username I am not familiar with]. Of course, he did vote for a number of OBD-cultists, but that isn't dispositive in and of itself with regards to direct involvement.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2023, 03:04:26 PM »

For the record.

I don't really care about what the GM writes. I don't believe the Supreme Court can simulate fake trial for the following reason: Elon Musk doesn't exist in this game and for this reason it is impossible to represent fairly something that doesn't exist.

We have repeatedly recongized the existence of NPCs in this game, along with state and local governments, and for a year or so even simulated their elections. I think the correct view would be that if the GM Team says Elon Musk exists, then he does (and isn't our standard around real world events (i.e. twitter existing) that we assume they still happen if the GM doesn't say otherwise and our mechanics don't prevent it?). Obviously, Musk cannot represent himself within the context of this game, but certainly someone could be appointed to represent him.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2023, 03:50:21 PM »

For the record.

I don't really care about what the GM writes. I don't believe the Supreme Court can simulate fake trial for the following reason: Elon Musk doesn't exist in this game and for this reason it is impossible to represent fairly something that doesn't exist.

We have repeatedly recongized the existence of NPCs in this game, along with state and local governments, and for a year or so even simulated their elections. I think the correct view would be that if the GM Team says Elon Musk exists, then he does (and isn't our standard around real world events (i.e. twitter existing) that we assume they still happen if the GM doesn't say otherwise and our mechanics don't prevent it?). Obviously, Musk cannot represent himself within the context of this game, but certainly someone could be appointed to represent him.

I really have a lot of respect for NewYorkExpress activity. I have had the opportunity to interact with him on various things and I have always found him pleasant. My ruling isn't against his work.

However, it's one thing to take into account we are all having some personas. After all I would never be Chief Justice IRL as I don't have a law degree or whatever lol.

But in the end, I really believe that court cases have to respect the right of due process. The accused has the right to be represented by someone he wants. And this isn't possible to simulate that as Elon Musk isn't a poster.

I'm someone who is really laxist on "standing" etc but this is going too far for me. I can't host a mock trial with the accused person not even existing.

Theres literally no point in passing laws then if NPCs arent people. It nullifies pretty much every federal and regional law. You will take dumb cases where S019 says "I dont like the Souths abortion law therefore I can sue" and blow up 10 years worth of atlasian precedent to score a hack win in a hypothetical advisory opinion with no actual case, but an actual case arising from a federal law as applied to a person by a GM story, meh never ever judiciable ever. The law is therefore dead. Its ridiculous and ignores the clear mandatory language in the Constitution. Something tells me if we had charged an NPC with having an illegal abortion the Court would swoop in and demand we stop.

No worries. Judicial reform will resolve this.

I'm not being hypocritical about it. I believe that anyone who wants to sue should be able to sue and this is why I don't take into account "standing" like the IRL one. I have always encouraged this kind of things and I will continue to do so.

However, I'm not going to host a trial against someone who can defend himself as he doesn't exist. I don't believe that the GM has the power to create that. I'm not accusing NewYorkExpress of malpractice, however I remember very well how in the past some GMs went off board by killing the president, making terrorist attacks, etc etc. And that has to be taken into account.

Your personal vendetta against me is very ludicrous and I don't like your attitude at all. You're always sneaky, never be honest about your intentions and always trying to reach your goals by diverting attention. And you're really to screw up the entire judiciary court for reaching your vendetta goals. If you want to remove me from the Supreme Court it would be better that you simply try to impeach me from office instead of writing a constitutional amendment removing from office. But no, you prefer to divert attention by focusing on "term limits".

1. If we adopt that standard, we'd need to invalidate the numerous GM stories that talk about state and local officials, or simulate protests, or foreign governments/elections......NPCs are part of the core of this game.

2. If Reactionary's amendment succeeds, 2 of the new judges will be decided by a Senate in which most members are in a different party than R is (PPT is merely a procedural position with basically 0 power to block a nominee). A further 2 will be decided by regional legislatures in which he does not even have a vote. And of course the Lincoln judge hasn't been there long enough to be immediately affected by this. It's hardly a court that he will be personally designing. This is just about regular turnover and accountability so we don't have this elite class of people controlling the inner workings of the game despite the fact that most of them weren't chosen by currently active players.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2023, 04:09:48 PM »

I dont need a long bill to hide the fact that I think someone remaining in the same position in this game for seven uninterrupted years is terrible sportsmanship and bad for the game. 2 year term limits with retention elections and mandatory juridiction are all great ideas to ensure we never have players break the court by camping for so long ever again.  The judicial reform proposals promote fun, fairness, and good order.
No you want me to remove it from office instantly. There are a ton of term limits things you could have written but you clearly specified I would be out the moment it would pass.

Honestly it's just a concidence of you being the most senior member of the Court. I know I've said you should be impeached in the past on an unrelated manner, but I've come to realize that at the end of the day you're only 1 vote and the bigger issue is the court is simply not accountable to the populace, unless you're lucky enough to be in the right legislature at the right time. The amendment solves that.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2023, 06:09:22 PM »

I'm not sure this spat is all that helpful at this point.

At the end of the day I just want a court that is more in touch with the people and doesn't disregard important authorities like the GM Team. And I think a majority of the game agrees.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2023, 06:20:56 PM »

I'm not sure this spat is all that helpful at this point.

At the end of the day I just want a court that is more in touch with the people and doesn't disregard important authorities like the GM Team. And I think a majority of the game agrees.
On an another note,
Doing all this drama because the court didn't grant certiorari about some imaginary twitter controversies is really RIDICULOUS.

This game is all a story that we're helping write. Everything is imaginary at some level. We don't believe certain components are inherently more real than others.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2023, 12:22:22 AM »

I thought Labor was supposed to be the anti-democracy party, but it sure doesn't look like that with the attitude that the Federalist and Peace parties have shown to our Supreme Court.

I would say a Supreme Court whose three most senior members are leftists who seem intent on serving forever is the perfect example of Labor being anti-democracy, but whatever.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2023, 10:05:49 PM »

It's stupid how the referendum is in November when nobody will vote and this referendum will probably have less than 100 votes unless people GOTV for it.

Winter turnout is always sucky.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies