The Crusader (Public Service Announcement)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 05:11:34 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Crusader (Public Service Announcement)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15
Author Topic: The Crusader (Public Service Announcement)  (Read 26641 times)
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #250 on: April 26, 2022, 03:18:51 PM »

Treason and Reconstruction
Why justice must be delivered, and change enacted
Editorial, by Lumine

While not being able to boast the same experience of men like Yankee, I myself can count this as the third time in which a cabal of powerful players, who had every reason to know better, tried to bring down the Republic. For the third time, men who seemingly grew bored or frustrated with the game decided that, if they could not enjoy, no one else should. For the third time, they attempted to subvert our institutions, bypass the Constitution, and bring Atlasia to its knees by committing acts of treason. For the third time, they failed.

The editor of this newspaper recently left his office in disgust, depressed with the prospect that people did not seem to care. In this, his was mistaken and proven more than wrong by a coalition of citizens, old and new, who stood up, and exposed and defeated the conspiracy through the ballot box and the preservation of our laws. In this they have saved the nation, much as we will hear from the conspirators the old, absurd mantra that, in doing so, they only prolonged the inevitable. This was heard of in 2014. It was heard of again in 2015. The game is still here. Perhaps not as strong as it should be, but it is still here.

Now that the conspiracy has been unveiled, there will be a temptation to look at it as a tragedy that we should leave behind us quickly. This would be a mistake. It is a tragedy. It is tragic that men like Truman, who – if that was his intent - could have retired commanding immense respect and dignity, felt sullying their good names with treason was the preferable way out. It is tragic that innocent men and women, even if they are NPC’s, had to die as the result of childish games. But we should never confuse the acknowledgement of the tragic nature of this situation, with attempts to downplay or justify what happened.

Treason was committed. Crimes were committed. The very basic structure of the Republic was under attack. Ultimately, there need be no animosity in acknowledging this and taking action. This editor thinks of several of the conspirators as friends, or as valuable acquaintances he is happy to work with in other aspects of the forum. But friendship should not erase actions. The justice system must be allowed to work if we are to prevent this, or to provide a warning sign to anyone who would contemplate a similar course of action in the future.

Thus, it is important that the current impeachments be allowed to run their course, regardless of who deregisters or not, and result in conviction. It is also important that others who committed crimes or planned to do so - including men like the so-called “Special Prosecutor” – also be investigated and, if necessary, stand in a fair trial to determine their responsibilities. To do anything less would be a disservice.

The task that awaits the President and his or her eventual successor is a monumental one. Aside from this call for justice, we in The Crusader also believe that, after treason, there must be a period of Reconstruction. We must have a conversation on what works in Atlasia, what doesn’t work, and what can work better, a conversation not constrained to a few people in a Discord server. We must look beyond the Constitutional provisions, and also consider which behavioral things can be changed or worked upon. We must, essentially, seize the opportunity to see what can change for the better, and rebuild a stronger nation.

If we decide not to pursue justice, and if we decide to reject change and blindly charge forward with business as usual, we may just be setting ourselves up for the next cabal determined to ruin the game for everyone else. And that may just be the greatest tragedy of all.
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: 2.43

« Reply #251 on: April 26, 2022, 03:23:19 PM »

The task that awaits the President and his or her eventual successor is a monumental one. Aside from this call for justice, we in The Crusader also believe that, after treason, there must be a period of Reconstruction. We must have a conversation on what works in Atlasia, what doesn’t work, and what can work better, a conversation not constrained to a few people in a Discord server. We must look beyond the Constitutional provisions, and also consider which behavioral things can be changed or worked upon. We must, essentially, seize the opportunity to see what can change for the better, and rebuild a stronger nation.

I wholeheartedly agree with the whole editorial, but this part particularly stands out to me as something that should be emphasized. I worry that people will overlook this time as just a blemish on Atlasia's history that we should just move on from and change nothing. We need to seriously look into changing game mechanics as an option for moving forward.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #252 on: April 26, 2022, 03:44:11 PM »

I wholeheartedly agree with the whole editorial, but this part particularly stands out to me as something that should be emphasized. I worry that people will overlook this time as just a blemish on Atlasia's history that we should just move on from and change nothing. We need to seriously look into changing game mechanics as an option for moving forward.
A lot of this is dependent on people, and not whatever setup we have at a given time. If you get an enduring majority of elected officials who want to tear down the game, then you are screwed no matter what reforms you have put in place.
It's impossible to reform away this scenario.

Which is why behavior is the single most important thing to emphasize. Prudence helps immensely in having a functional game.
At-Large Senator LouisvilleThunder
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: 1.74

P P P
« Reply #253 on: April 26, 2022, 03:49:01 PM »
« Edited: April 26, 2022, 03:55:25 PM by Southern Governor LouisvilleThunder »

A lot of this is dependent on people, and not whatever setup we have at a given time. If you get an enduring majority of elected officials who want to tear down the game, then you are screwed no matter what reforms you have put in place.

Which is why behavior is the single most important thing to emphasize. Prudence helps immensely in having a functional game.
Behavior such as just voting straight ticket left in order to keep the game dead. Since even if "lawful Labor" wins, it just sets the stage for more members in the party to turn radical like this later on since they simply have no purpose other than to make Adam Griffin's ego happy.
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: 2.43

« Reply #254 on: April 26, 2022, 03:49:58 PM »

True, I was referring more to the current state of Atlasia as a whole and not just about the current crisis.
Attorney General, Senator-Elect, & Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #255 on: April 26, 2022, 05:31:13 PM »

Behavior such as just voting straight ticket left in order to keep the game dead. Since even if "lawful Labor" wins, it just sets the stage for more members in the party to turn radical like this later on since they simply have no purpose other than to make Adam Griffin's ego happy.

Honestly from what I've seen (which has included some discord stuff), I have nothing but admiration for the Old Labor Party. It would have been easy for them to just fall in line behind OBD under "Well maybe I don't like all of this, but we can't empower the Feds and DA". Instead they stood up against it all to provide a fair election, pivotal votes without which impeachment would not have succeeded, and ultimately a continuance of the game as a whole. I'll remain observant, including of the result of any reconciliation with the OBD cult they may pursue, but ultimately, as I've done for every office since leaving Labor, I'll be voting for the best person for the job.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #256 on: April 26, 2022, 05:32:50 PM »

There will be reconciliation. There will be peace. There will be LAW AND ORDER.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #257 on: April 26, 2022, 08:14:49 PM »
« Edited: April 26, 2022, 08:19:29 PM by Lumine »

The Crusader
Championing biased news since 2017
April 26th, 2022
Tales from Atlasland:

The Parrot strikes!
Parroting would-be prosecutor on a roll,
Makes excuses over participation in conspiracy,
Launches into incoherent non-sequiturs,
"Make it stop!", concerned citizens beg

Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #258 on: April 26, 2022, 08:15:53 PM »

I will note that this instance of yellow journalism has left out some important omissions as to current comments being made by members of the Atlasian right, such as those defending fascist dictator Benito Mussolini.
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« Reply #259 on: April 26, 2022, 08:18:41 PM »

I will note that this instance of yellow journalism has left out some important omissions as to current comments being made by members of the Atlasian right, such as those defending fascist dictator Benito Mussolini.

Not sure where you plan on going with this, but given the right's open tolerance of doxxing and voter intimidation, bringing up some dead guy from nearly a century ago probably isn't going to make progress.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #260 on: April 26, 2022, 08:23:51 PM »
« Edited: April 26, 2022, 08:26:57 PM by Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee »

Not sure where you plan on going with this, but given the right's open tolerance of doxxing and voter intimidation, bringing up some dead guy from nearly a century ago probably isn't going to make progress.

Right because nothing intimidates voters more than the firing of the elections admin, held in high regard for many years for her devoted service, to effect a plot to steal an election, as suspected during its progress to the point of having to advance plan lawsuits just to ensure the seating of the lawfully elected Senate, and confirmed towards its end via the leaks.

The architects, while not encompassing all members of the Labor orbit, virtually every conspirator themselves did indeed align themselves as such.

I certainly applaud the work of Griffin, Tack, Sestak, Scott and many others to ensure the preservation of the game and rule of law, but dubious honor of having effected the most frightening intimidation of the vote in the history of the game, firmly rests in your quarters. 
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« Reply #261 on: April 26, 2022, 08:25:18 PM »

Right because nothing intimidates voters more than the firing of the elections admin, held in high regard for many years for her devoted service, to effect a plot to steal an election, as suspected during its progress to the point of having to advance plan lawsuits just to ensure the seating of the lawfully elected Senate, and confirmed towards its end.

I seriously have no idea what you're talking about. I've been away for all of this drama and haven't seen any of the leaks, but I will not forget what happened last June.

Seems that no one wants to adequately fill me in either, so be it.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #262 on: April 26, 2022, 08:27:58 PM »

Imma name my first son Fransisco Augusto Benito [insert future husband's last name].
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #263 on: April 26, 2022, 08:31:13 PM »

Right because nothing intimidates voters more than the firing of the elections admin, held in high regard for many years for her devoted service, to effect a plot to steal an election, as suspected during its progress to the point of having to advance plan lawsuits just to ensure the seating of the lawfully elected Senate, and confirmed towards its end.

I seriously have no idea what you're talking about. I've been away for all of this drama and haven't seen any of the leaks, but I will not forget what happened last June.

1. OBD and Truman wanted to steal the election and end the game, with heavy involvement from WD, S019, Crane and others.
2. They fired Peebs and appointed Truman as SoFE to effect this end
3. They planned to have GM Crane kill or incapacitate the supreme court to prevent them from interfering.
4. Then use the 14 or 15 stolen Senate seats to chip away at the constitution.
5. Nuke the South and divide it among the other regions.
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« Reply #264 on: April 26, 2022, 08:43:37 PM »

1. OBD and Truman wanted to steal the election and end the game, with heavy involvement from WD, S019, Crane and others.
2. They fired Peebs and appointed Truman as SoFE to effect this end
3. They planned to have GM Crane kill or incapacitate the supreme court to prevent them from interfering.
4. Then use the 14 or 15 stolen Senate seats to chip away at the constitution.
5. Nuke the South and divide it among the other regions.

That was never going to work, though. So why blow it out of proportion? This is a fake, made-up game. The people who play this game aren't going to tolerate that kind of action, period.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #265 on: April 26, 2022, 08:50:37 PM »

And I won’t forget how they tried to manipulate me and how many of them tried to bothsides/ignore what CalamityBlue has done. Needless to say, I wouldn’t vote for LT.
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« Reply #266 on: April 26, 2022, 08:52:23 PM »

And I won’t forget how they tried to manipulate me and how many of them tried to bothsides/ignore what CalamityBlue has done. Needless to say, I wouldn’t vote for LT.

I'm not aware of what Calamity blue has done. What is clear is that we need some sensible leadership to ensure that such actions are not to occur again.

Quite unfortunate that this is the situation I return to.
Attorney General, Senator-Elect, & Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #267 on: April 26, 2022, 08:54:38 PM »

The direct links from Atlas to the leaks were removed because they contain a few references to poster's ages/locations. I do retain a copy thereof (although I haven't read it comprehensively as of this writing) but I am not going to pm it out as I am against doxxing on principle, in all its forms (hence why I'm never voting for LT again and regret doing so last June). However, I do understand that an appropriately redacted version of the leaks is being prepared.

The TL;DR is that the Kansas Crisis and the resignation of Lumine served as a useful jumping off point to a large plot to install a partisan GM, give Truman and OBD complete control of the government (above and beyond even the Supreme Court), arrest key individuals within Non-Labor coalitions, take over Southern territory, rig elections, and ultimately destroy the game as we know it (opinions and accounts differ as to whether the end result would be a newly composed Atlasia containing a Larger Fremont, a Larger Lincoln, and a "demilitarized zone" representing the Deep South, the complete end of any sort of Atlasia at all, or merely Fremont Seceding after a long period of instability, war, and oppression of opponents).
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #268 on: April 26, 2022, 09:20:35 PM »

I'm not aware of what Calamity blue has done. What is clear is that we need some sensible leadership to ensure that such actions are not to occur again.

We have sensible leadership now, in the form of President Utah Neolib and a multi-party coalition dedicated to opposing this conspiracy and reforming the system to prevent it from happening again. Membership in this coalition ranges from Griffin and Sestak, to the DAers and Libs, to myself and Mr. R.

What I have done as Moderator:
1. It is now impossible to delete threads in the voting booth, thanks to a change I requested from Virginia
2. It has now been reasserted for the third time in less than a year (and second time in a row regarding someone on the left), that 1/6ing will be infracted and any attempts to circumvent such moderation will result in escalation.

What I am seeking politically as a Senator/Politician:
1. The demonstration that election rigging is a red line that will not be tolerated
2. Constitutional changes to seal off the SoFE/RG from executive overreach
3. Further reforms to the cabinet, the details of which are being discussed
4. Reforms to the Game Moderator

I am also frankly sick and tired of the patronizing, plantiff justification of "it's just a game". No one in the history of this game has ever disputed such, yet it keeps being uttered by conspirators and its utterance at this juncture by non-involved person, makes me doubt their level of non-involvement. 
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #269 on: April 26, 2022, 09:38:16 PM »
« Edited: April 26, 2022, 09:41:53 PM by ‎Ishan »

Well, he said I am a "incel neckbeard" because I told about how many boys at school treat girls like sex objects and said I should spend more time with them since I find their behavior to be morally objectionable and don't consider these behaviors to be acceptable.
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« Reply #270 on: April 26, 2022, 09:44:26 PM »

We have sensible leadership now, in the form of President Utah Neolib and a multi-party coalition dedicated to opposing this conspiracy and reforming the system to prevent it from happening again. Membership in this coalition ranges from Griffin and Sestak, to the DAers and Libs, to myself and Mr. R.

What I have done as Moderator:
1. It is now impossible to delete threads in the voting booth, thanks to a change I requested from Virginia
2. It has now been reasserted for the third time in less than a year (and second time in a row regarding someone on the left), that 1/6ing will be infracted and any attempts to circumvent such moderation will result in escalation.

What I am seeking politically as a Senator/Politician:
1. The demonstration that election rigging is a red line that will not be tolerated
2. Constitutional changes to seal off the SoFE/RG from executive overreach
3. Further reforms to the cabinet, the details of which are being discussed
4. Reforms to the Game Moderator

I am also frankly sick and tired of the patronizing, plantiff justification of "it's just a game". No one in the history of this game has ever disputed such, yet it keeps being uttered by conspirators and its utterance at this juncture by non-involved person, makes me doubt their level of non-involvement. 

Thank you for your explanation, however, your insinuation about me was not unrecognized and I find it unbecoming. Whatever drama or leaks or anything else may have transpired, you will not see me involved because I have been completely detached since retiring from the Presidency. This can be corroborated by pretty much anyone who has any presence in this game, whether it be discord or forum.

"It's just a game" applies just as easily to whatever plot as it does to those who would be affected by it. I think I speak for most users when I say that any such plot would be disregarded by most of us. It is just a game, and the foundation is set by the people who play, not any backroom schemes or the twisting of the Constitution. I hope you apologize for the not-so-naked comment made.
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« Reply #271 on: April 26, 2022, 09:46:41 PM »

Well, he said I am a "incel neckbeard" because I told about how many boys at school treat girls like sex objects and said I should spend more time with them since I find their behavior to be morally objectionable and don't consider these behaviors to be acceptable.

I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully we can come to a positive solution.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #272 on: April 26, 2022, 10:45:23 PM »

"It's just a game" applies just as easily to whatever plot as it does to those who would be affected by it. I think I speak for most users when I say that any such plot would be disregarded by most of us. It is just a game, and the foundation is set by the people who play, not any backroom schemes or the twisting of the Constitution. I hope you apologize for the not-so-naked comment made.

I am not going to apologize for expressing deep concerns as each seemingly detached, low information lefty who comes out of the wood work to seemingly stand in solidarity with the conspirators, down play the significance of the actions they did, or parrots their talking points intentionally, or unintentionally.
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« Reply #273 on: April 26, 2022, 10:55:05 PM »

I am not going to apologize for expressing deep concerns as each seemingly detached, low information lefty who comes out of the wood work to seemingly stand in solidarity with the conspirators, down play the significance of the actions they did, or parrots their talking points intentionally, or unintentionally.

I'm a former President, and all I did was ask about what happened since it seems quite egregious. I'm sorry I almost died, otherwise I could be a high information lefty who comes out of the woodwork. Regardless, your insinuations were disrespectful and ill-informed. I'm happy to be back, but I'm not stoked on your attempts to score cheap political points with no basis in reality.
Joseph Cao
Rep. Joseph Cao
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

« Reply #274 on: April 26, 2022, 11:59:59 PM »
« Edited: April 27, 2022, 12:09:55 AM by Lincoln Senator Joseph Cao »

That was never going to work, though. So why blow it out of proportion? This is a fake, made-up game. The people who play this game aren't going to tolerate that kind of action, period.

For the record, Sev, I believe you about being out of the loop especially with regard to whatever is going down on Discord as well as here. We could debate about the extent of proportionate response to something like this at least by people here on AFE, although this reaction seems pretty par for the course given the history of the game at large. And I appreciate that people like S019 have at least been trying to talk it out.

Sure, the powers that be are not going to tolerate it. But for a while this was done by the in-game powers that be. People are going to be debating the extent of in-game consequences for that, because the structural integrity of the political LARP game runs on LARP laws that others will still try to LARP-enforce on the players who break a particular LARP law or other. To that extent at least I think the uproar about impeachment, court cases and whatnot is basically consistent with whatever self-correcting mechanism we the players have to ensure the game is still playable.

Like yeah, chess is a fake made-up game too, but if some player starts moving their bishops along ranks/files and rooks along diagonals the chess club is going to be understandably displeased about their style of play, let alone if said player imitates the famous pigeon and starts knocking pieces and the board over.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies