Public Office of Former President Tmthforu94
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 12:44:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Public Office of Former President Tmthforu94
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 12
Author Topic: Public Office of Former President Tmthforu94  (Read 20483 times)
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: August 19, 2018, 02:20:09 PM »

Statement from Governor Tmthforu94

I have introduced legislation to include Civil War history in the Southern curriculum. I have also introduced a bill addressing the regional name change, taking suggestions made by the Southern Constitutional Taskforce. I urge the Speaker/Deputy Speaker to take up both bills immediately as they are pressing issues in the region.

I ask the Speaker to move this to the front of the queue and introduce immediately:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Pursuant to recommendations by the Southern Constitutional Taskforce:

Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #76 on: August 19, 2018, 02:59:05 PM »

(Just to clarify, it was the MS Governor* who was unavailable for comment in that article.)

*State governments still exist as NPCs, per past precedent.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #77 on: August 19, 2018, 03:04:01 PM »

Phil Bryant told me that he supports the legislation I introduced, fwiw.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #78 on: August 20, 2018, 04:50:52 AM »

Keep up the good work, Governor!
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #79 on: August 20, 2018, 01:42:46 PM »

Good Afternoon – our administration has been working very hard since taking office several weeks ago to resolve the raccoon crisis facing our country. Governor Fairboi was a weak leader on this issue and nearly gave in to the raccoon demands. However, we have shown strong, tough leadership the last few weeks in meetings with raccoon leaders. We made it clear that their antics will not be tolerated, and after a recent summit this past weekend in Georgia, they have agreed to back off and return to peaceful cohabitation. Despite earlier rumors spread by the liberal media, we will not be ceding the state of Kentucky to them.

Our parks and hospitals are safer and our region is stronger. Our administration will continue to tackle issues facing our region head-on and find solutions to help make the South greater than ever before. Governor TM is on YOUR side.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #80 on: August 21, 2018, 10:42:45 AM »

Where is Delegate Ben Kenobi? He said he was taking a partial LOA and wouldn't be fully active again until the 15th, but it is now the 21st! BK hasn't even logged onto the forum since August 4th.

Governor TM is working to get to the bottom of this. A delegate is removed if they miss final votes on four consecutive bills.
P. Clodius Pulcher did nothing wrong
razze
Junior Chimp
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -4.96

« Reply #81 on: August 21, 2018, 08:14:34 PM »

#WhereIsBK #ExpelBK
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #82 on: August 22, 2018, 02:14:20 PM »

Congress is debating a bill that would have a devastating impact on our region, especially for the next Harvey/Irma storm that hits. But don't worry, Governor TM is lobbying hard for Congress to reject this bill and he encourages constituents to contact their representatives! My statement below:

As governor of the region that would be most impacted by this bill, I have to make a couple points:
1. Private flood is not offered everywhere and to everyone, so without NFIP, many people will have to go without flood coverage.
2. As written, this bill also extends to businesses. Areas are devastated after storms, this would only further the devastation as many companies will be unable to rebuild - jobs will be lost and instead of rebuilding, people will be forced to relocate.
3. Just so everyone is clear, NFIP limits for dwellings are only $250K for property and $100k for contents. A house that is $2 million will not get $2 million in payments, they'd get the same as someone who has a house that is worth $250k.

I understand the intent of this bill, but it does not meet the impact it would provide. IRL this bill would receive massive opposition from pro-business groups as this would primarily affect businesses, not multi-millionaires as it is being presented. I also don't like setting a hard cap like this, if anything explore a graduated scale and don't let it apply to businesses. Under this law, someone whose house is $1 million will be eligible for the full $250k + 100k contents amount, but someone whose house is $1.1 million won't get squat.

Please let me know if you have questions - I have real experience working in the flood industry. If you all ignore me and this passes, I will be strongly urging NC Yankee to veto this well-intentioned but short-sighted bill. This might look good on paper but I cannot emphasize enough how bad this would be if it were actually enacted.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #83 on: August 22, 2018, 03:04:10 PM »

On whose onus is it to expel Ben?
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #84 on: August 22, 2018, 03:20:03 PM »

At this point he has missed three votes. Once he has missed the fourth he is automatically removed and I will be responsible for appointing a replacement.
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #85 on: August 22, 2018, 06:06:12 PM »

I haven't received a single PM notifying me of any votes. Yes, I'm back. I have had to get caught up with work.

In the future if you'd like me to vote on a bill, please PM me in the little box here. It goes straight to my email and I see it when I check my email before work in the morning.

This is how it's worked in the past. I'm not sure when we decided to stop PMing people before votes.
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #86 on: August 22, 2018, 06:15:09 PM »

Imagine how shocked I am that Governor TM didn't even attempt to PM me before trying to remove me from office. The only PMs I've received since I've been away have all been about the last election which I missed.

Surely if he were actually concerned about me, he would have tried to contact me first, no?
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #87 on: August 22, 2018, 06:21:42 PM »

BK, I did try to contact you. I asked fhtagn to message you on FB because you had said you would be fully active again on the 15th but weren't. I didn't bother to PM you since you hadn't been online since the 4th and didn't know there was even an option to have PMs sent to your email. I didn't know of any other way to get ahold of you.

I agree with you that the Speaker/Deputy Speaker should send Delegates PMs to vote. In a perfect world it wouldn't be necessary, though, as Delegates should be checking the regional government sub-forum daily to participate in debate. I'm sincerely glad you're back, it will be nice to have 7 active delegates, again. We've certainly needed your activity in the Chamber as it has lagged a bit!
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #88 on: August 22, 2018, 08:24:17 PM »

Statement

My office has been swarmed with calls from citizens concerned about the Flood Insurance Reform Act. I will be traveling back from Nyman, where I have been the past two days, and will be having a townhall with constituents on Friday in Pearland, Texas, and on Sunday in Clearwater, Florida. The purpose of this townhall will be to help inform constituents on this bill and hear their opinions/concerns. Should the need arise, I will be back in Nyman next week to work with members of Congress on finding viable solutions.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #89 on: August 23, 2018, 06:31:44 PM »

In light of Mr. BK I will be drinking heavily tonight, all are welcome to attend! Head over to the Governor's Mansion!!

Also could someone bring some appetizers? I don't have time to cook tonight, thanks!

See below:
I wasn't planning on drinking tonight but now I have decided to. All are welcome to the Governor's Mansion, post a picture of what you'll be drinking tonight. I'll be drinking a regional product, coming to you from Austin, Texas!!

tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #90 on: August 24, 2018, 11:21:23 PM »

Businesses in the South can use plastic bags if they want, I won’t sign legislation restricting it.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #91 on: August 25, 2018, 12:35:15 PM »

Statement from Governor TM

Lines were out the door at our townhall in Pearland yesterday regarding the Flood Insurance Reform Act. We have another townhall tomorrow in Florida. The message was clear - The People want real reform to the flood insurance. Based on feedback, I introduced another amendment today that will greatly improve the NFIP. Business leaders are very happy with Governor TM for already successfully removing businesses from these restrictions. I will continue working hard for my constituents.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #92 on: August 27, 2018, 12:10:38 PM »

Though results have not been certified, it looks like Young Texan has won a seat to the House of Representatives. Congratulations to him and everyone else who was elected!

Because of this, we will soon have an opening in the Chamber of Delegates. Please PM me if you are interested in the position, I'd like to have it filled as soon as YT resigns.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #93 on: August 28, 2018, 10:06:56 PM »

Strong lead for Chamber of Delegates replacement - very qualified, will be a great asset! Possibly even better than YT?? We'll see!!
GM Team Member and Senator WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #94 on: August 29, 2018, 09:02:01 AM »

Strong lead for Chamber of Delegates replacement - very qualified, will be a great asset! Possibly even better than YT?? We'll see!!
BUHLEEVE ME
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #95 on: August 30, 2018, 11:20:53 PM »

This weekend, The People will have a non-binding vote on whether to change the region's name. I am glad that we are putting power in the hands of The People on this issue and letting them have the say.

After careful consideration, I will be voting NAY on changing the name. I believe that "The South" already has a lot of history in this region and meaning behind the name. The North and the West don't have the history and pride we have - that is why they were quick to change.

Southerners take pride in our culture and the fact that we're from "The South." I believe that would be diminished if we changed our name, especially to Jefferson. While I would be fine with Dixie or the IDS, I also recognize there is opposition to both names and believe staying with "The South" can achieve the most consensus.  The South has worked well for us and will continue to do so.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #96 on: August 30, 2018, 11:55:51 PM »

This weekend, The People will have a non-binding vote on whether to change the region's name. I am glad that we are putting power in the hands of The People on this issue and letting them have the say.

After careful consideration, I will be voting NAY on changing the name. I believe that "The South" already has a lot of history in this region and meaning behind the name. The North and the West don't have the history and pride we have - that is why they were quick to change.

Southerners take pride in our culture and the fact that we're from "The South." I believe that would be diminished if we changed our name, especially to Jefferson. While I would be fine with Dixie or the IDS, I also recognize there is opposition to both names and believe staying with "The South" can achieve the most consensus.  The South has worked well for us and will continue to do so.

CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #97 on: September 02, 2018, 03:48:16 PM »

Should this referendum pass in favor of changing the name, I respectfully challenge the Governor to a public debate to be held in between the end of this referendum and the beginning of the final.
P. Clodius Pulcher did nothing wrong
razze
Junior Chimp
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -4.96

« Reply #98 on: September 02, 2018, 03:49:25 PM »

Should this referendum pass in favor of changing the name, I respectfully challenge the Governor to a public debate to be held in between the end of this referendum and the beginning of the final.

Endorsed!
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #99 on: September 02, 2018, 04:00:55 PM »

To be clear, the debate is solely over whether to change the name to Jefferson, which appears to be the favorite right now? Because I'm all for having a second, binding vote on a constitutional amendment with whatever the top choice ends up being.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 12  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies