Congress Hall (National Assembly Thread) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:09:57 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games
  Mock Parliament (Moderators: Hash, Dereich)
  Congress Hall (National Assembly Thread) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Congress Hall (National Assembly Thread)  (Read 6266 times)
terp40hitch
United States

« on: July 03, 2018, 12:00:16 AM »

Mr. Speaker,

We just witnessed an election that turned brother against brother. I stand here today to call for unity within the nation after that divisive election. We must form a government and quickly so we can fix the most pressing issues this nation faces such as our growing national debt. This is why I call on the national assembly to either choose a confidence vote or join me in abstaining from the vote.

I understand many in this assembly have differing views from those of the gentlemen from Charlottesville, as do I, on many important topics plaguing this country. Still, a vote of no-confidence is a vote of disunity within not only the national assembly and the government but the whole nation. I disagree with the gentlemen from Charlottesville on many topics as many of you do, but I must put those topics aside so our nation preserves unity in its early stages of life.

After much consideration, I urge my fellow Patriots and my fellow deputies to vote to abstain as I will be doing the day of the vote.

Before I yield my time, I would like to address the gentlemen from Pennsylvania speech. Mr. Franklin, the only reason this great republics time will be cut short is that of radical views and disunity within the nation. Mr. Franklin, you will be the reason the republic will be cut short. The Radical faction has chosen not to leave the disunity created by the election at the voting booth but they have decided to continue to drag it in the assembly today. I will again restate before I yield my time, that my choice of abstaining is a choice of bringing unity into the country not division.

I yield.
terp40hitch
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2018, 09:41:55 AM »

Mr. Speaker,

I rise today not to speak about a single issue or to introduce legislation but to speak about the topic of slavery and new states that have recently come in the spotlight.

First, I would like to talk about slavery. During the campaign, I and the rest of the Patriots declared that we were the only faction to represent the south, sadly today it looks like that is very true. We are the only faction to defend slavery on the national assembly floor. If the other faction won't defend slavery or even try to attack slavery do not understand how important slavery is to the southern economy. The Radicals, Hamiltonians, and Tories by all opposing slavery and trying to get rid of slavery will not only destroy the southern economy and the United States economy but it may lead to secession. This is destructive talk and creates division within this country. We must keep slavery and the slave trade or this countries economy and politics will be sent to chaos.

Second, I would like to discuss the new discussions within not only this assembly but around this country about new states. I believe that we should create new states especially in Kentucky but right now I would like to discourage splitting Pennsylvania and Virginia into new states. Westsylvania is going to create huge division across this state and across this nation as we are going to have to create a new national discussion of slavery. Virginia needs slavery but Pennsylvania is filled with people who argue that slavery should be gotten rid of. Because of how radically different these two states are I don't believe it is wise to merge parts of them because that would create a state that is bound to fail.

I yield
terp40hitch
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2018, 09:35:54 PM »

Mr. Speaker,

I rise today because I feel it is my duty to thank the deputy of Suffolk and Queens for his service to his nation. Mr. Hamiltion has shown today that he will put his country first, he is a truly honorable man and pray that Mr. Hamiltion's legacy shall stand the test of time.

I ask that the national assembly bow our heads and pray for the safety of Mr. Hamiltion and the security of our nation under his control.

I yield
terp40hitch
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2018, 07:27:52 AM »

Mr. Speaker,

As the Interim Leader of the Patriots in the national assembly, I present this bill on behalf of the Patriot faction:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I believe this Act must pass because the south is becoming unrepresented because of the far distance of travel from the South to Philadelphia. Not only will this allow for equal representation from the north and south but it also allows the National Assembly to be safe of the rioters in Pennsylvania. Not only will this only more representation of southern deputies and allow every deputy to be in a safe environment but it will also save on cost since the south has slave labor, unlike the north and Philadelphia. If we stay in Philidelphia and continue to build our government there then our government will continue to cost more and more which will further push our nation into debt.

I urge all my fellow Patriots and Deputies to support this act

I yield
terp40hitch
United States

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2018, 06:51:41 PM »

Mr. Speaker,

With the passing of the act to move south, I have done what I came here to do because I have allowed the south to be more represented and preserved slavery in the south. I believe I have done the most I can in the national assembly and that is why I must resign my position as deputy from Augusta. I have already submitted my letter of resignation so this will be my last speech to the national assembly

I yield

A Letter to the First Secretary

Mr. Madison,

I have served my country in the military and then in the national assembly. It has been my great privilege to serve this country and watch the birth of the first Republic in the world. Still, I believe I have done all I can in the national assembly and that I can do more as Governor of Georgia. This is why I started running for Governor and the reason I must resign from the national assembly.

I officially resign from the national assembly at the end of the national assembly session.

X James Gunn
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies