Congress Hall (National Assembly Thread) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:30:03 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games
  Mock Parliament (Moderators: Hash, Dereich)
  Congress Hall (National Assembly Thread) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Congress Hall (National Assembly Thread)  (Read 6264 times)
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: 2.43

« on: July 02, 2018, 11:39:05 PM »

Mr. Speaker,

As some of my colleagues have already addressed, including the honorable gentleman from Suffolk and Queen's, this election has been one of the most divisive in history and thus it is important that we should move to unify this nation as quickly as possible with a government of the people.

Unlike what some others have claimed, this coalition is a very strong three-faction, like-minded government that has already in advance prepared in great lengths co-operative policy that we share much ground on. In these past few days since the election, we have worked tirelessly to make a stable government for the people, and we have achieved that.

While we do remain one seat short of an absolute majority in the Assembly, I should also note that due to the very polarized nature of the opposition, it is completely impossible for any other grouping to form government out of these election's results, and if this confidence is denied, then we shall return back to the polls for yet another election. After the highly divisive and unstable nature of the last, I believe the American people to be tired of these politics, and for this reason, to preserve our democracy and our bastion of freedom, we must unite to form this first national government, or we could reach a fate far worse than the one reached at this last national polling.

For these reasons, I encourage each member of the Republican faction to support this grand coalition, not for our sake, not for this government's sake, but for American democracy's sake.

I yield the remainder of my time.
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2018, 12:06:19 AM »

Declaration of Rights Amendments, 1789

Be it resolved, the following enumerated Amendments to the Constitution of the United States:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Mr. Speaker,

Ever since the commencement of the election to the National Assembly and even before, it has been apparent that the rights of the American people best stand codified in our Constitution.

A central campaign pledge of not only the Republican faction but many others was to create such a Declaration of Rights, and so to ensure the freedom and liberty of our citizens I propose these before you now. These rights were of top importance to the pledges that we bestowed upon the American people these past few months, and since we were returned with such a mandate, we feel it clear to propose these in the will of the American people.

We hope that the Opposition shall join us in this pursuit of freedoms, and to raise concerns if they wish but pass these unalienable rights by-and-large, so that Americans throughout our glorious nation can rest assured their liberties are secure.

I yield.
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2018, 12:20:50 AM »

Constitutional Plebiscite Amendment, 1789

Be it resolved, the following Amendment to the Constitution of the United States:

Mr. Speaker,

We in the Republican faction do feel it necessary to protect the rights of the states, and by extension, the people residing within these states. For this reason, we believe that the people should have the final say in all amendments to our Constitution, as on our very document we wrote the heading of We the People, not We the Deputies of the National Assembly. In addition, we do propose this to add an extra layer of protection against the interference of the federal government against the rights of the states and the people therein, as it again, should come to the voice of the people whether their Constitution shall be amended. We are a nation that pursues the democratic ideal; shouldn't we allow our citizens to democratically shape their guiding document?

wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2018, 04:11:36 PM »

Mr. Speaker,

As you may have heard in my statement to the press, these accusations of a tyrannical nature that I possess are completely and entirely untrue and a baseless attack on my character. While these sentiments remain untrue, we do live in these United States, a bastion of civil freedom, and I do believe that this press does have the right to print these, no matter the nature of this false news.

Additionally, with my Secretary, Mr. Wilkinson, being imprisoned, I cannot stress enough that my request for his release only remained so he could engage in these negotiations, nothing more. And while it is the position of this government that he is being held illegally, we welcome him to stand his trial as we believe in the integrity of the law and the ability of the Pennsylvania courts to be able to interpret their Constitution.

wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2018, 09:10:38 AM »

Westsylvania Resolution Act of 1791

Be it resolved,

Mr. Speaker,

The act to install a referendum of choice for Westsylvanians has been revised to reflect the terms of the Westsylvanians and the Government to a peaceful resolution. No matter each faction's stance on Westsylvanian separatism, I ask for a vote in favor of this bill as it will offer an exit to this crisis and a peaceful resolution through democratic means.

I yield.
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2018, 09:18:13 AM »

Mr. Speaker,

I have finally returned to this grand National Assembly from these negotiations, and while this resolution is not perfect, we have found a resolution to the Westsylvanian crisis, and in the process, preserved our Union.

Upon my return, I've took note of multiple things. First, I've been informed that my party's brand has potentially been permanently damaged in the eastern successor state of Pennsylvania by the outcome of these talks. And while I have much remorse for my fellow compatriots who strive to achieve political office in those lands who will now be consistently denied for generations to come, I will say I have no regret. I believe it better to preserve our Union while destroying my party, then to preserve my party while destroying this Union.

Furthermore, I have heard of many of my fellow Deputies that have criticized my performance in the negotiations in the battle field. I have a few notes for these Deputies. First, do experience these events in the same order as I have these past few weeks, and attempt a resolution when the Governor would not stop short of eradicating the Westsylvanians, as I had, before rendering a judgment yourselves. Without being too presumptuous, I believe the vast majority of you all would have acted in the same manner as I did given the hand I was dealt.

And secondly, if the unpopularity of this event eventually causes my political demise for one reason or another, then so be it. For it has been better for me to do my small part in preserving this Union than preserving my own electoral chances. I would rather return to Charlottesville Town without any office and yet know what I had done may have possibly tipped the scales in peace's favor, than to hold onto my seat and the office of First Secretary for dozens of terms knowing I had done absolutely nothing to resolve the crisis and have the nation burn beneath my feet. That, Mr. Speaker, would be the actions of a true tyrant. And that, for better or worse, is why I swiftly rode to the negotiating site, to preserve this Union for hopefully years to come and to put an end to this raging crisis.

I do not know, nor may ever know the full impact of this conflict on our young nation's future. I only hope it has shaped us in such a way that no future First Secretary may ever need to deal with such a crisis again.

wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2018, 02:31:12 PM »

National Military Act of 1791

Be it resolved,

Mr Speaker,

I am reintroducing the legislation that itself was reintroduced by the honorable Deputy from Wilkes. In this era of conflict and struggle, it is imperative that we have strong defence forces in times of need to protect our young nation. Given that this bill also creates assurances that it will cause little expansion of our debt. I have peace in reintroducing this bill.

I yield.
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2018, 01:08:37 AM »

Statehood Amendment (22nd Amendment*)

Be it resolved, the following Amendment to the Constitution of the United States after ratification of the States and a Referendum of the People,

*OOC: I'm 99.999% sure it's the 22nd

Mr. Speaker,

It is apparent we need to codify completely the process that a state shall enter existence in this Union after Westsylvania and Cumberland. With our nation ever expanding to the North and West, it is even more apparent we must codify this amendment as soon as possible, before another crisis shall break out that may break our Union. This act is intended to prevent such a crisis as Westsylvania from arising yet again.

I yield.
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2018, 06:29:09 PM »

Mr. Speaker,

I have taken the floor to address the Assembly and this country on the state of our Union. Right now, it seems in almost every state there is some sort of secessionist movement or uprising brewing. Let it be known: yes, we are a collection of individual states, which have their own distinct histories and cultures. But more importantly, let it be known: Union comes before States in our title for a reason. We are a collection of states, but we are also more. We are, first and foremost, a united entity, a united country with a common goal under one government. We are one nation under God. So yes, I do sympathize with each individual secessionist effort and the opposition to those efforts. But I cannot come to terms as to these groups taking up arms, brother against brother, in a war of fire against each other. We are all Americans, and I cannot agree with any group which claims to liberate their peoples by incredible force from the oppression - of what? A state government? Hardly an entity to die for, to lay your lives down for! But yet, I also cannot agree with state governments which seek to dispel these movements by jailing their leaders and their comrades. What are you afraid of? Of freedom, liberty, and the values we stood for in the battles against the British? I cannot agree with either of these groups. We are sitting for a test, a great and important test for the whole world to see. Will this Grand Experiment function? Or will we fall to pieces when our individual identities take precedence over our common goal? We cannot allow such a fate. So yes, secession is fine, disagreement is acceptable. But when brother takes up arms against brother, and lives are lost? This shall be no more. America, we must stand as one. We must end the unnecessary hostilities, or our country, our society, our very way of life may crumble. America, everything is at stake in this test. It is now your choice to determine if we pass it.

wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2018, 09:37:38 PM »

Mr. Speaker,

I would like to take this pause in debate to address a matter of recent importance: the assumption of Pennsylvania's state debt. Unfortunately, especially in a time such as this, it appears there are liars on both sides of the aisle in the wake of this resolution. On our left, with the Hamiltonians, a claim of most untruth has been levied: that we have shown favoritism to the Pennsylvanian government. This is completely and entirely false. We did not show favoritism, instead, we were finding a solution to a most extraordinary problem. If other states feel left out, I call on them: do, start a rebellion. Wage war against your brethren until your cities are burned to the ground. Ensure the almost complete destruction of our Union.

On my right, with the Patriots, they also levy the claims as stated before, but with an additional untruth: that these will cause an undue burden to the taxpayer and the national debt. Yet again, this is entirely false. The government, instead of yielding to the taxpayer, will instead create new sources of revenue, as we already have before, and prevent the growth of the national debt further by funding our expenditures.

And, I call furthermore on these who so boldly criticize this resolution without further substance. Come forward, and do instead of causing further strife, help our nation, by providing a solution of your own. If you believe that this resolution was not the best for our nation -- prove it. I can tell you that, most likely, you will not.

I yield.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies