Congress Hall (National Assembly Thread) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 05:23:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games
  Mock Parliament (Moderators: Hash, Dereich)
  Congress Hall (National Assembly Thread) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Congress Hall (National Assembly Thread)  (Read 6318 times)
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« on: July 02, 2018, 11:06:08 PM »

Mr Speaker,

We have just seen what will quite possibly be the most divisive election this country is ever to see. Yet, we must remember, this election has just been fought. It is time to move on.

However, we reserve serious doubts about a three-faction government. Such a government is unstable, and unable to effectively implement an agenda to protect this country. The Democratic-Republicans' irresponsible populist pandering has introduced instability into the nation, and will only make us vulnerable to threats in the future. The opposition of this coalition of chaos to a strong central government, as well as national army and bank, is irresponsible and will put this nation at incredible risk.

Therefore, while I encourage each member of this faction to make up their own minds and vote as they wish, I will be voting against the Motion.

I yield the remainder of my time.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2018, 11:03:43 PM »

Mr Speaker,

How can it be claimed that the people of this country overwhelmingly support the agenda of this coalition of chaos when the second largest faction here has been elected on a platform directly opposite theirs? This coalition has no mandate to pass their agenda, of which the sole purpose is to ruin this country?

Calls for unity are all well and good, but meaningless as they seek to marginalise and belittle those who oppose them by referring to them as lunatics.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2018, 07:56:24 PM »

Mr Speaker,

I rise in support of the gentleman from Lexignton's proposal. It is the democratic right of those to be admitted into this Union to decide whether or not to institute slavery in their state. While our opposition to the slave trade is non-negotiable, we respect the rights of the people to choose.

The proposal to let the people of these new states to decide the issue of slavery within their own states is  one that we wholeheartedly support.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2018, 09:25:31 PM »

Mr Speaker,

Our opposition to the Atlantic slave trade is non-negotiable, and we do seek its aboliton. However, we do not seek to end slave trade between the states of this union.  This is our position, as banning internal slave trading would be fundamentally anti-democratic. We merely seek the end of the Atlantic slave trade.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2018, 08:20:25 PM »
« Edited: July 16, 2018, 02:58:03 AM by GoTfan »

National Military Act of 1790

Be it resolved,

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Mr Speaker, our young nation is in need of a strong national defence. There are elements of various European powers would see us be brought under their thumb, and a strong defence will be needed to dissuade them from attempting to do so.

I served in the Continental Army during the Revolution, and I am certain many of us in this Assembly know of someone who served, or indeed themselves served, in either the Continental Army or Navy during said war. A national military with a unified command structure is required to ensure our nation's safety in the world.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2018, 09:40:45 PM »

Mr Speaker,

I thank everyone in this chamber for their well-wishes and may I say, I too hope my mission ends in success.

I hereby formally tender my resignation as the Member for Suffolk and Queens and as Leader of the Opposition. My deputy, Thomas Pinckney will assume acting Leadership until such time as a successor can be elected.

I wish you all the best.

With this Mr Speaker, I yield not just my time but my place. Thank you.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies