North Carolina GOP (The Gift That Keeps On Giving): NCGOP Chair Indicted
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:44:58 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  North Carolina GOP (The Gift That Keeps On Giving): NCGOP Chair Indicted
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 12
Author Topic: North Carolina GOP (The Gift That Keeps On Giving): NCGOP Chair Indicted  (Read 30636 times)
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: December 19, 2018, 01:05:23 PM »

I like how every commenter after my post glazes over the fact I posted that North Carolina and other southern states are required by the federal government to create supermajority Democrat districts specifically to elect African-American candidates to Congress, and this in turn makes other districts that surround these districts more Republican. If you do not remove that requirement, that means Democrats in the rest of the state's districts would always be fighting uphill.

it has never been required for a super majority district anyway. I think by now outside the deep south a 45% AA district is enough according to some court rulings. In a place like NC a 40% AA district would reliably elect african americans as they would form like 4/5 the primary vote for D's and then the few liberal whites which is greater than Ms liberal whites would elect a black D.

Anyway Im no fan of the VRA required districts and they clearly aren't required anymore outside a few deep south states(see MS LA AL) as we saw people like Lauren underwood and Joe Nuguese get elected in like Purple heart% black districts.

That makes them supermajority Democrat districts, which mean every district that surrounds it is more likely to elect a Republican. What's a gerrymander again?

Drawing districts specifically to elect African-Americans to Congress are by fact gerrymanders because you're taking all the Democrats and putting them in one area. In addition to being disgustingly segregationist, the Voting Rights Act requires them otherwise all the districts get thrown out, and yet some commentators are talking about gerrymandering as the reason Democrats lose while defending the existence of these districts. It's the height of bullsh**t.

I will not take any anti-gerrymandering post or comment by anyone seriously until they say they are for stopping this requirement on drawing districts, period, otherwise you're a walking contradiction. If that requirement was removed, this would IMPROVE Democrats' chances on getting more seats, so you cannot accuse me of supporting this for partisan reasons. So why don't Democrats support this other than they don't have the balls to stand up to the Black Caucus?

Why would anyone Think it important to protect black political representation in the South. You've truly stumbled upon a Deep mystery here and the only explanation is a political Conspiracy run by blacks and, eh, globalists.

Wouldn't blacks (who vote 90%+ democratic) prefer say, 2 or 3 white democrats who agree with their views over one black democrat though?

lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #101 on: December 19, 2018, 01:07:33 PM »

I like how every commenter after my post glazes over the fact I posted that North Carolina and other southern states are required by the federal government to create supermajority Democrat districts specifically to elect African-American candidates to Congress, and this in turn makes other districts that surround these districts more Republican. If you do not remove that requirement, that means Democrats in the rest of the state's districts would always be fighting uphill.

it has never been required for a super majority district anyway. I think by now outside the deep south a 45% AA district is enough according to some court rulings. In a place like NC a 40% AA district would reliably elect african americans as they would form like 4/5 the primary vote for D's and then the few liberal whites which is greater than Ms liberal whites would elect a black D.

Anyway Im no fan of the VRA required districts and they clearly aren't required anymore outside a few deep south states(see MS LA AL) as we saw people like Lauren underwood and Joe Nuguese get elected in like Purple heart% black districts.

That makes them supermajority Democrat districts, which mean every district that surrounds it is more likely to elect a Republican. What's a gerrymander again?

Drawing districts specifically to elect African-Americans to Congress are by fact gerrymanders because you're taking all the Democrats and putting them in one area. In addition to being disgustingly segregationist, the Voting Rights Act requires them otherwise all the districts get thrown out, and yet some commentators are talking about gerrymandering as the reason Democrats lose while defending the existence of these districts. It's the height of bullsh**t.

I will not take any anti-gerrymandering post or comment by anyone seriously until they say they are for stopping this requirement on drawing districts, period, otherwise you're a walking contradiction. If that requirement was removed, this would IMPROVE Democrats' chances on getting more seats, so you cannot accuse me of supporting this for partisan reasons. So why don't Democrats support this other than they don't have the balls to stand up to the Black Caucus?

Why would anyone Think it important to protect black political representation in the South. You've truly stumbled upon a Deep mystery here and the only explanation is a political Conspiracy run by blacks and, eh, globalists.

Wouldn't blacks (who vote 90%+ democratic) prefer say, 2 or 3 white democrats who agree with their views over one black democrat though?

representative russ Carnahan agrees.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #102 on: December 22, 2018, 09:24:38 PM »

VRA is essentially to proper representation of minority populations, especially in the Deep South. Saying otherwise is ignorant.

Agreed. Posting garbage like this while North Carolina Republicans literally do everything and anything humanly possible, legal or otherwise, to retain power animator demonstrating exactly play the VRA is necessary as we speak, is the height of make combined Pinnacle of stupidity and arrogance.
Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #103 on: January 25, 2019, 04:38:31 PM »

Lol, the North Carolina Supreme Court will now be 6-1 Democrat.

Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: -0.87

P P P
« Reply #104 on: January 25, 2019, 05:05:46 PM »

Bye-bye, Felicia!
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #105 on: January 25, 2019, 06:02:11 PM »
« Edited: January 25, 2019, 06:07:59 PM by Virginia »

LOL

oh my god

edit: can't help but feel like if the NCGOP didn't try to undermine their own state's judiciary so badly and so thoroughly for so many years, he might have actually stayed on.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #106 on: January 26, 2019, 03:25:04 PM »

Amazing! Cheesy

Hope Governor Cooper appoints a champion of voting rights to replace him.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #107 on: January 28, 2019, 09:24:00 PM »

America's own Iran/Russia/Venezeuela is finally getting more Democratic!
QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.50

« Reply #108 on: January 29, 2019, 12:49:51 AM »

Lol if they hadn’t lost the super this year, I’d bet they’d try to make the SC seats pass the leg
Pollster
YaBB God

« Reply #109 on: January 29, 2019, 01:56:07 PM »

Whats the likelihood that the new 6-1 court would strike down the voter ID law?
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #110 on: January 29, 2019, 04:45:29 PM »

NC GOP would like Democratic Governor Roy Cooper to respect the will of the people and maintain the partisan balance of the court by filling the seat with a Republican judge

pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #111 on: January 29, 2019, 06:40:17 PM »

NC GOP would like Democratic Governor Roy Cooper to respect the will of the people and maintain the partisan balance of the court by filling the seat with a Republican judge

NC GOP sure knows a lot about respecting the will of the people!
QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.50

« Reply #112 on: January 29, 2019, 11:29:41 PM »

Just goes to show you that your bad actions will catch up with you sooner or later.
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.25, S: -6.50

« Reply #113 on: January 29, 2019, 11:37:33 PM »

Just goes to show you that your bad actions will catch up with you sooner or later.
Pretty sure that sentence can sum up the NCGOP after the bathroom bill was introduced.
Doimper
Doctor Imperialism

« Reply #114 on: January 29, 2019, 11:56:21 PM »

just lol
Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #115 on: February 06, 2019, 08:39:28 AM »
« Edited: February 06, 2019, 09:09:57 AM by Virginia »

Lol North Carolina Republicans

Storr
Junior Chimp
Moldova, Republic of

« Reply #116 on: February 06, 2019, 11:23:48 AM »

Lol North Carolina Republicans

You'd think NC Republicans would have learned their lesson about splitting their own votes in NC Supreme Court elections. But, I guess that's giving them too much credit.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #117 on: February 06, 2019, 11:28:26 AM »

FWIW I believe the canceled judicial primaries for 2018 was just that - 2018 only, and not a change to future elections. The official justification Republicans gave was that they needed more time to debate/pass a redistricting bill for judicial districts (and other power grab reforms). Although we all know they just wanted to hang on to a Supreme Court seat at any cost.

https://www.greensboro.com/news/government/elections/federal-appeals-court-backs-skipping-judicial-primaries-in-north-carolina/article_b54bdeff-e19d-5c23-b7f5-8cd03e1ead28.html

So vote splitting shouldn't be a big issue this time around.
Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #118 on: February 06, 2019, 05:00:08 PM »

FWIW I believe the canceled judicial primaries for 2018 was just that - 2018 only, and not a change to future elections. The official justification Republicans gave was that they needed more time to debate/pass a redistricting bill for judicial districts (and other power grab reforms). Although we all know they just wanted to hang on to a Supreme Court seat at any cost.

https://www.greensboro.com/news/government/elections/federal-appeals-court-backs-skipping-judicial-primaries-in-north-carolina/article_b54bdeff-e19d-5c23-b7f5-8cd03e1ead28.html

So vote splitting shouldn't be a big issue this time around.

Ah okay, that's weird. Still, I look forward to the NCSC striking down everything the NCGOP did over the past 6 years.
TarHeelDem
United States

« Reply #119 on: February 17, 2019, 11:11:11 PM »

Just a friendly reminder that the NC GOP is evil incarnate.

Carry on!
Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #120 on: February 22, 2019, 06:27:52 PM »
« Edited: February 22, 2019, 06:31:17 PM by Gass3268 »

Going to be interesting to see what a 6-1 Democratic Supreme Court does here.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #121 on: February 22, 2019, 06:33:50 PM »

WOW.
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.25, S: -6.50