Gravis Marketing(Arizona Senate Race): Sinema+4 against McSally
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 08:21:33 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2018 Senatorial Election Polls
  Gravis Marketing(Arizona Senate Race): Sinema+4 against McSally
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Gravis Marketing(Arizona Senate Race): Sinema+4 against McSally  (Read 1164 times)
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.25, S: -6.50

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 08, 2018, 10:24:18 PM »
« edited: July 09, 2018, 12:06:30 PM by Zaybay »

Matchup:
Sinema(D)- 43%
McSally(R)- 39%

Sinema(D)- 46%
Ward(R)- 37%

Sinema(D)- 52%
Arpaio(R)- 33%

R Primary Numbers:
McSally- 36%
Ward- 27%
Arpaio- 24%

Trump Approval:
46/50

Writeup:https://www.realclearpolitics.com/docs/Gravis_Arizona_July_3_2018_1.pdf
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2018, 10:25:29 PM »

All hail Sinema!
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2018, 10:28:10 PM »

Sinema with an okay lead in LOLGravis shows how well this race is going
Arkansas Yankee
United States
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2018, 10:59:59 PM »
« Edited: July 08, 2018, 11:05:45 PM by Arkansas Yankee »

Sinema with an okay lead in LOLGravis shows how well this race is going

That only assumes Republicans do not start to unite behind McSally afteR the primary.  If they do this poll leans the race to toss up, as Sinema is not in the high 40s.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2018, 11:01:04 PM »

Yeah, if Gravis has her ahead, the race is slipping away
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2018, 11:06:30 PM »

But Atlas told me that bashing Chuck Schumer in Politico articles would keep her up double digits forever!
TarHeelDem
United States

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2018, 11:07:43 PM »

I find it highly amusing that some pundits still have this as Toss-Up instead of Lean (or at least Tilt) D.
Arkansas Yankee
United States
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2018, 11:32:51 PM »

I find it highly amusing that some pundits still have this as Toss-Up instead of Lean (or at least Tilt) D.

A pundit who believed the race was D +4 might rate it toss-up to await post primary movement of Republicans.

A pundit who believed the race was D +8 might well rate it as lilt or lean D.

I do not see anything amusing here.  There is just a different view of the current state of the race.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2018, 10:03:00 AM »

It's still Lean D, but Gov race is a second tier pickup, next to GA, Iowa and MD
Arkansas Yankee
United States
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2018, 10:35:44 AM »

It's still Lean D, but Gov race is a second tier pickup, next to GA, Iowa and MD
I will quibble with you. But don’t knock folks who want to wait and see how the post primary voting trends.

In fact the Arizona Governor and Senate races will mos likely flow in tandem to one party or the other.
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2018, 11:34:48 AM »

At last McSally is gaining to Sinema and it seems that this race is more competitive than expected.
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2018, 12:05:18 PM »
« Edited: July 09, 2018, 12:18:31 PM by Zaybay »

Updated the numbers to have both Kelli Ward and Joe Arpaio

Also, Im starting to think Arpaio is a plant by the Rs to split the primary vote so McSally can win. There is no other reason for him to be here other than ego, and he must know that he cant run for reelection.
UncleSam

« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2018, 12:18:35 PM »

Predictable tightening as the R primary begins to look decided.
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2018, 12:23:40 PM »

At last McSally is gaining to Sinema and it seems that this race is more competitive than expected.
Predictable tightening as the R primary begins to look decided.
Guys, this is the only Gravis poll of this race, there is nothing to compare it to. You cant compare polls by different pollsters and say "look, theres movement!". There has been no general trend seen throughout all polls either. This is just one data point.

Also, that R primary is pretty split, but seems decided. Only 18% undecided. If Ward can get a second wind, its hers, but it seems like McSally will win in the end.
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2018, 12:52:39 PM »

It's just one poll and you guys are already saying that it's tightening. Roll Eyes

And then it's a Gravis poll. Not saying that it's wrong, but y'all should know better than to put all of your trust into Gravis.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2018, 01:14:30 PM »

It's just one poll and you guys are already saying that it's tightening. Roll Eyes

And then it's a Gravis poll. Not saying that it's wrong, but y'all should know better than to put all of your trust into Gravis.

Gravis polls are great when they confirm my preconceived narrative, junk if not.

I agree that they’re not very trustworthy, especially in certain states like MT or FL. This poll seems to be a little too R-friendly, but I don’t think they’re biased in favor of Republicans in general (which should be obvious when you take a look at some of their previous FL/MT/WV/etc. polls), and their TX numbers are believable, I guess (although the Senate numbers might be a little too R-friendly).
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 9.53, S: 10.54

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2018, 01:23:33 PM »

Gravis polls are great when they confirm my preconceived narrative, junk if not.

I agree that they’re not very trustworthy, especially in certain states like MT or FL. This poll seems to be a little too R-friendly, but I don’t think they’re biased in favor of Republicans in general (which should be obvious when you take a look at some of their previous FL/MT/WV/etc. polls), and their TX numbers are believable, I guess (although the Senate numbers might be a little too R-friendly).

Gravis isn't really biased (they had Saccone up by 12 at one point, but have Kathleen up by 6 in Montana and had Donnelly up by 15 vs Rotika).... they're just really really bad.
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2018, 01:28:59 PM »

Gravis isn't really biased (they had Saccone up by 12 at one point, but have Kathleen up by 6 in Montana and had Donnelly up by 15 vs Rotika).... they're just really really bad.
I think Gravis is a hit/miss pollster. These rating for AZ look pretty close to what we have been seeing in other polling, while the TX numbers, especially the senate, appear to be poor. Im sorry, there is no way that Abbott and Cruz are preforming exactly the same and Beto and Valdez are under preforming the exact same. Nothing else reflects this.
Webnicz
United States

« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2018, 02:59:47 PM »

Correct me if I’m wrong but I read the cross tabs and the poll says Kelli ward leads with Hispanics, and Ducey leads with African Americans??
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2018, 03:05:53 PM »

If Ducey is losing in AZ, this is a sign of a wave, due to Latino vote😀, and Sinema, has maintained her lead eventhough it's close
Thunder98
United States

P P P
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2018, 04:14:46 PM »

Correct me if I’m wrong but I read the cross tabs and the poll says Kelli ward leads with Hispanics, and Ducey leads with African Americans??

Gravis is pure junk
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2018, 04:34:58 PM »

Gravis is pure junk

Indeed. It is LITERALLY.IMPOSSIBLE. that Unbeatable Titan Kyrsten Sinema and Unelectable Weak Candidate Jacky Rosen are ahead by the same amount.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies