WV-PPP: Manchin +7 without Blankenship, +11 with Blankenship
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:08:08 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2018 Senatorial Election Polls
  WV-PPP: Manchin +7 without Blankenship, +11 with Blankenship
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: WV-PPP: Manchin +7 without Blankenship, +11 with Blankenship  (Read 4500 times)
wesmoorenerd
westroopnerd
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -7.13

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2018, 12:37:28 AM »

Lean D, would have been a Tossup with Jenkins. It will be pretty amusing if top-tier recruit Morrisey loses by more than unelectable joke candidate Matt Rosendale.

Agreed on the first two words, but I'll leave out the random conjecture.

I'm going to have to agree with him. Rosendale is like a C-Tier recruit but a B-Tier candidate. Morrisey was an A-Tier recruit that's turning out to be a C-Tier candidate.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2018, 10:05:57 AM »

I don't think Morrisey is some great candidate at all.  I don't think Jenkins is either, though, and I think Manchin was going to win regardless.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #27 on: June 29, 2018, 12:34:32 PM »

I don't think Morrisey is some great candidate at all.  I don't think Jenkins is either, though, and I think Manchin was going to win regardless.

Jenkins could have pulled it off.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #28 on: June 29, 2018, 12:42:46 PM »

Jenkins could have pulled it off.

Welp, count me as convinced now.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #29 on: June 29, 2018, 01:04:16 PM »

^I get that you don’t like him because he’s a former Democrat and that you want to see his district vote Democratic at the federal level again, but this is West Virginia we’re talking about. At the very least, he could have cut into Manchin's margins in the ancestrally Democratic counties in WV-03. Now this is most likely just going to be WV-GOV 2016 2.0.
Arkansas Yankee
United States
« Reply #30 on: June 29, 2018, 01:15:48 PM »

Before you open the Champaign remember Wisconsin 2016.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #31 on: June 29, 2018, 01:20:40 PM »

lmbo what does that have to with anything? Wisconsin had a Republican incumbent that won. If anything, you're just bolstering the case for Manchin - incumbent Senators have a much easier time, especially when the wind is at their backs. But no, I imagine what you're saying is people had thought Feingold would win, but he didn't, but your example is completely incompatible with that point you're trying to make.

This whole "but 2016" stuff is getting tiresome.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #32 on: June 29, 2018, 01:21:13 PM »

^I get that you don’t like him because he’s a former Democrat and that you want to see his district vote Democratic at the federal level again, but this is West Virginia we’re talking about. At the very least, he could have cut into Manchin's margins in the ancestrally Democratic counties in WV-03. Now this is most likely just going to be WV-GOV 2016 2.0.

To quote your favorite line, MT, "it's not about what I want to happen."  I just think Manchin would have survived no matter what.  Whether he Morrisey does worse in WV-3 or Jenkins does worse in the traditionally Republican areas, I don't think it wouldn't have had any net effect on the margin, and I think Manchin was going to survive vs. either one.

I appreciate your nod to my Illini there, but it's champagne*.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #33 on: June 29, 2018, 01:33:58 PM »

To quote your favorite line, MT, "it's not about what I want to happen."  I just think Manchin would have survived no matter what.  Whether he Morrisey does worse in WV-3 or Jenkins does worse in the traditionally Republican areas, I don't think it wouldn't have had any net effect on the margin, and I think Manchin was going to survive vs. either one.

I appreciate your nod to my Illini there, but it's champagne*.

He is a refined Arkanasan gentleman. Respect his spelling for what it is. /s
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #34 on: June 29, 2018, 03:32:30 PM »

Whether he Morrisey does worse in WV-3 or Jenkins does worse in the traditionally Republican areas, I don't think it wouldn't have had any net effect on the margin, and I think Manchin was going to survive vs. either one.

And he would have done worse there because? Jenkins is closer to generic "establishment" Republican than Morrisey, no normal Republican voter would have voted against him just because he was a Democrat once.
ON Progressive
OntarioProgressive
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -8.70

« Reply #35 on: June 29, 2018, 04:50:35 PM »

Jenkins would have done a lot better. Jenkins isn’t a carpetbagger like Morrissey is, and he would make it significantly harder for Manchin to run up the score where he needs to (Southern WV)
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #36 on: June 29, 2018, 04:54:13 PM »

Jenkins would have done a lot better. Jenkins isn’t a carpetbagger like Morrissey is, and he would make it significantly harder for Manchin to run up the score where he needs to (Southern WV)
Kyle Rittenhouse is a Political Prisoner
Jalawest2

« Reply #37 on: June 30, 2018, 12:36:32 AM »

Don Vito Corleone
bruhgmger2
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -5.91

« Reply #38 on: June 30, 2018, 09:33:48 AM »

Jesus some of you people really hate RINO Tom.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #39 on: July 01, 2018, 04:11:39 PM »

No, we all love him.
Doimper
Doctor Imperialism

« Reply #40 on: July 01, 2018, 08:30:34 PM »

No, RINO Tom is fine. It's his brother, Wino Tom, that's really unbearable.
Arkansas Yankee
United States
« Reply #41 on: July 01, 2018, 10:01:58 PM »

Jenkins would have done a lot better. Jenkins isn’t a carpetbagger like Morrissey is, and he would make it significantly harder for Manchin to run up the scorew where he needs to (Southern WV)

I agree
E
But the whole WV party structure backed him.  Why?

It seems Morrissey has the stupid GOP TENDENCY to fool with Social Security and Medicare.  I think all wages should be subject to SS AND Medicare taxes.  But I also think there has to be some reform or the system will collapse.  But I figure I do not want to be hit by Democrats for trying to reform.  We always loose. Just let it collapse, then reform.   Or maybe it won’t collapse. Republicans should stay away from this issue.  Jenkins understood this I think.

Then there is Cruz backing Morrisssey.  If Cruz is backing him, you know he is probably too conservative for WV. 

Capito must know Morrissey is too conservative and a carpetbagger.  I do not know why she went along with him.

Also, Morrissey’s personality reminds me of a mouse.

But I would still support the mouse.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #42 on: July 01, 2018, 10:38:53 PM »

Jenkins would have done a lot better. Jenkins isn’t a carpetbagger like Morrissey is, and he would make it significantly harder for Manchin to run up the scorew where he needs to (Southern WV)

I agree
E

It seems Morrissey has the stupid GOP TENDENCY to fool with Social Security and Medicare.  I think all wages should be subject to SS AND Medicare taxes.  But I also think there has to be some reform or the system will collapse.  But I figure I do not want to be hit by Democrats for trying to reform.  We always loose. Just let it collapse, then reform.   Or maybe it won’t collapse. Republicans should stay away from this issue.  Jenkins understood this I think.

Then there is Cruz backing Morrisssey.  If Cruz is backing him, you know he is probably too conservative for WV. 

Capito must know Morrissey is too conservative and a carpetbagger.  I do not know why she went along with him.

This is actually some pretty good analysis and sums up a lot of what I think except the last line lol.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #43 on: July 01, 2018, 11:27:55 PM »

I agree
E

why? would you vote for any democrat?
ON Progressive
OntarioProgressive
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -8.70

« Reply #44 on: July 01, 2018, 11:39:58 PM »

I agree
E

why? would you vote for any democrat?
He literally supported Roy Moore, so the answer is no.
Arkansas Yankee
United States
« Reply #45 on: July 02, 2018, 01:50:22 AM »

My comments about remembering Wisconsin were based on the belief that in some cases campaigns can make a difference.

That is especially true now that the left has opened a campaign against Ice,and for open borders.  This is truly a way energize the GOP base.  It is also something that can bring back some GOP independents who do not like Trump’s nasty side and his tweeting.

I really think opening this can of worms will be looked back on as a great mistake. I cannot actually figure out what additional votes you are going to get that were already in bag.  But you may be waking a giant.

Accosting Republican officeholders is not going to help you either.
JG

« Reply #46 on: July 02, 2018, 06:39:38 AM »

My comments about remembering Wisconsin were based on the belief that in some cases campaigns can make a difference.

That is especially true now that the left has opened a campaign against Ice,and for open borders.  This is truly a way energize the GOP base.  It is also something that can bring back some GOP independents who do not like Trump’s nasty side and his tweeting.

I really think opening this can of worms will be looked back on as a great mistake. I cannot actually figure out what additional votes you are going to get that were already in bag.  But you may be waking a giant.

People don't pay that much attention to what Kirsten Gillibrand or Elizabeth Warren say.
Arkansas Yankee
United States
« Reply #47 on: July 02, 2018, 07:55:54 AM »

People don't pay that much attention to what Kirsten Gillibrand or Elizabeth Warren say.

What do you think 1,000s  of demonstrators were doing this weekend?  Were they playing Tiddlywinks? 

Even Kamala Harris is talking about re-examining the roll of ICE.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/with-ice-comments-kamala-harris-adds-to-a-long-line-of-leftward-lurches
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #48 on: July 02, 2018, 06:19:56 PM »

No, RINO Tom is fine. It's his brother, Wino Tom, that's really unbearable.

Wow, guys, not sure Tom RINO can recover from that one ... might be Sock O’Clock.
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.25, S: -6.50

« Reply #49 on: July 02, 2018, 06:42:09 PM »

Wow, guys, not sure Tom RINO can recover from that one
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length