AK-Gov: Dunleavy (R) Leads With Begich (D) Close Behind, Walker (I) Far Behind (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 06:00:37 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2018 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  AK-Gov: Dunleavy (R) Leads With Begich (D) Close Behind, Walker (I) Far Behind (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: AK-Gov: Dunleavy (R) Leads With Begich (D) Close Behind, Walker (I) Far Behind  (Read 2770 times)
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.25, S: -6.50

« on: June 27, 2018, 04:48:22 PM »

wait, thats it? That's the lead Dunleavy has AFTER the race is split? Wow. Alright, this might actually be a tossup.
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2018, 08:21:14 PM »

Just like in KS, where Dems are splitting vote

To be fair, the independent is not the current governor, and the GOP is actually hated in that state. We also dont even know if he will have an impact on the race, since there has been no polling. He also has positioned himself as a moderate Republican, even taking a republican state legislator as his second in command. Really we just need polling to determine anything about that race.
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2018, 01:54:28 PM »

I'm confused, wasn't Walker running in the Democratic primary specifically to avoid this sort of situation? What happened with that?

Walker said he was running in the Democratic primary unless someone like Begich jumped in, in which case he would switch out. Lo and behold, that's what happened.

Oh, I didn't realize he made it conditional like that.

He needs to just drop his re-election bid.

If Walker drops out, I see this as Lean D. If Dunleavy is leading by only 5 points with Walker and Begich splitting the vote, then hes not a strong candidate.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies