AK-Gov: Dunleavy (R) Leads With Begich (D) Close Behind, Walker (I) Far Behind (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 03:35:22 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2018 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  AK-Gov: Dunleavy (R) Leads With Begich (D) Close Behind, Walker (I) Far Behind (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: AK-Gov: Dunleavy (R) Leads With Begich (D) Close Behind, Walker (I) Far Behind  (Read 2750 times)
wesmoorenerd
westroopnerd
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -7.13

« on: June 28, 2018, 09:22:45 AM »

See, the thing is in a head to head race Begich would crush Dunleavy. It's an R state, yes, but Dunleavy is a mediocre candidate and Begich has a strong brand. The problem is Walker, Dems can't afford to split their vote here. Best case scenario for Begich is Walker either drops out or tanks. I think there's actually a good chance of the latter because Walker is both unpopular and I think if Dems start to see Begich as a viable candidate he'll bleed voters into Begich's camp.
wesmoorenerd
westroopnerd
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2018, 09:27:42 AM »

Unsure why you idiots think Begich is the one that should drop out when the incumbent is at 23% lol

Walker is literally one of the least popular governors in the country and his polling here really is pathetic, but no, it's the guy with a chance's fault.
wesmoorenerd
westroopnerd
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2018, 12:21:28 AM »

Begich may have a chance if Walker really tanks, and Democrats solidify behind him, but I think Lean R is appropriate for this race.

Begich has always come from behind to win 2008, and almost did in 2014, this race is far from over

Begich would certainly be the favorite if it wasn't a three way race, but besting Dunleavy and Walker in a three way race is much tougher than defeating a scandal-plagued Ted Stevens or a relatively weak Dan Sullivan.
wesmoorenerd
westroopnerd
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2018, 03:22:14 PM »

I'm confused, wasn't Walker running in the Democratic primary specifically to avoid this sort of situation? What happened with that?

Walker said he was running in the Democratic primary unless someone like Begich jumped in, in which case he would switch out. Lo and behold, that's what happened.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies