AK-Gov: Dunleavy (R) Leads With Begich (D) Close Behind, Walker (I) Far Behind
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 11:49:51 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2018 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  AK-Gov: Dunleavy (R) Leads With Begich (D) Close Behind, Walker (I) Far Behind
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: AK-Gov: Dunleavy (R) Leads With Begich (D) Close Behind, Walker (I) Far Behind  (Read 2740 times)
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2018, 11:16:46 PM »

GO BEGICH. A dem I would be happy with
Darthpi – Anti-Florida Activist
darthpi
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -6.87

P P P
« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2018, 03:19:42 PM »

I'm confused, wasn't Walker running in the Democratic primary specifically to avoid this sort of situation? What happened with that?
wesmoorenerd
westroopnerd
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -7.13

« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2018, 03:22:14 PM »

I'm confused, wasn't Walker running in the Democratic primary specifically to avoid this sort of situation? What happened with that?

Walker said he was running in the Democratic primary unless someone like Begich jumped in, in which case he would switch out. Lo and behold, that's what happened.
Darthpi – Anti-Florida Activist
darthpi
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -6.87

P P P
« Reply #28 on: July 07, 2018, 11:06:42 AM »

Walker said he was running in the Democratic primary unless someone like Begich jumped in, in which case he would switch out. Lo and behold, that's what happened.

Oh, I didn't realize he made it conditional like that.

He needs to just drop his re-election bid.
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.25, S: -6.50

« Reply #29 on: July 07, 2018, 01:54:28 PM »

Oh, I didn't realize he made it conditional like that.

He needs to just drop his re-election bid.

If Walker drops out, I see this as Lean D. If Dunleavy is leading by only 5 points with Walker and Begich splitting the vote, then hes not a strong candidate.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #30 on: July 07, 2018, 09:11:23 PM »

Walker is not dropping out
Tintrlvr
Junior Chimp

« Reply #31 on: July 07, 2018, 09:15:05 PM »

An incumbent governor getting third place by a wide margin would be hilarious.  Here's to hoping Begich can pull it out.

If primaries count, incumbent Alaska governor Frank Murkowski (Lisa's father) came third in the 2006 Republican gubernatorial primary with just 19% of the vote.
136or142
Adam T
Junior Chimp
« Reply #32 on: July 07, 2018, 09:19:49 PM »
« Edited: July 07, 2018, 09:24:07 PM by 136or142 »

GO BEGICH. A dem I would be happy with

Just as long as his crazy brother Nick "Angels Don't Play This HAARP" Begich comes nowhere near to the capital.

Also the host of Coast to Coast AM George Noory, who lies that he is 'straight down the middle' politically but has actually embraced Alex Jones 'Alt Right' conspiracy theory lunacy as well as much of Donald Trump's 'agenda' has this guest on his Tuesday's show.  I don't know if there is any connection between the loony HAARP conspiracy theories and Alex Jones or the broader 'Alt Right.'

Second Half: We are entering a Space Age, but not the kind President Kennedy originally envisioned. Author Elana Freeland will discuss how sinister technologies such as chemtrails and ionospheric heaters like HAARP in Alaska are part of a covert agenda to assure wireless access to the bodies and brains of anyone on Earth.
136or142
Adam T
Junior Chimp
« Reply #33 on: July 07, 2018, 09:25:32 PM »

An incumbent governor getting third place by a wide margin would be hilarious.  Here's to hoping Begich can pull it out.

If primaries count, incumbent Alaska governor Frank Murkowski (Lisa's father) came third in the 2006 Republican gubernatorial primary with just 19% of the vote.

Yes, Sarah Palin won the Primary and then defeated former Democratic Governor Tony Knowles who was trying to make a comeback.  

It was largely on the basis of this primary that John McCain believed that Sarah Palin was a 'maverick reformer.'
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies