The Press (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 02:51:55 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games
  Mock Parliament (Moderators: Hash, Dereich)
  The Press (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: The Press  (Read 12189 times)
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: 2.43

« on: June 27, 2018, 03:59:25 PM »

At a speech in Charlottesville, leader of the Democratic-Republican faction James Madison started his party's campaign in the constituency of Charlottesville:
Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2018, 05:54:24 PM »

wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2018, 07:25:21 PM »

The Republican Standard
The Voice of The People
Vol. I
Mar. 1787
          Now upon us all is an opportunity to Shape the nature of our Government for generations to come. In these Inaugural elections to the National Parliament, in constituencies all across our Union, we as voters will be Entrusted with the power to decide who shall form the next National Government and who will be the first Secretary of our Nation. We, as the Editors of this fine Newspaper, find no option better than the Republicans to lead our Nation into the next stage as we Form a new America.

The Republican interest is not only concerned with the Rights of the common People, as with their Pledge to the States to pursue Amendments to our National Constitution to Guarantee the rights of the common citizen, but also Republicans standing in constituencies in every State shall also be concerned with the recent threats to our Nation's survival with the Reckless nature of the Tory Party, suggesting we shall embark into another Monarchy! These folk not only will Secure the Downfall of the United Government, but also the arrival of the British back to our shores! In fact, these Unpatriotic Tories can be quoted as saying that extending Peace to George III is not a lofty Idea!

But also, Republicans will stand vigilant against the Patriots, who have remarked that they do not Guarantee protections for our Allies, a dangerous military practice, but furthermore, these men who call themselves Patriots only support the interests of people in the South! Do not mistake our Reasoning, we do Support the Rights of Southerners. However, we also think that Northerners do qualify for the same Rights and Protections as their Southern counterparts! These so-called Patriots think otherwise!

Citizens, the only Assurance of the protection of our way of life is through the Ballot, which shall be held in a very short Time. Only by marking your Ballot for the Republican candidate shall these United States be protected from tyranny, incompetent Rule, and the collapse of our Government.
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2018, 11:34:53 PM »

The Republican Standard
The Voice of The People
Vol. II
Mar. 1789
          As you fine Citizens may have noticed, it is the Radical and Patriot Factions that have viciously attacked our values and our Leader over the past Week. As Republicans, in particular to the Attacks brought on by the mouthpiece of the Radicals, the Pennsylvania Gazette, we are Outraged at these Baseless and substance-free quarrels of the Editors of that establishment, who we presume to be Mr. Franklin himself. And Furthermore we are outraged when we Hear he shall attack our Leader without source, when he himself shall be involved in Scandalous activities, as is well Known to you all. For the record, while Madison stands attacked without any Base, Franklin stands Accused of more heinous crimes, and for this Reason, we, the Editors at the Republican Standard, shall say that Mr. Franklin has no Base to stand on.

Furthermore, we shall call upon the Hypocrisy of the Patriots, and more Specifically, of candidate James Gunn. Gunn Attacked Mr. Madison with the rebuttal that the Patriots stood for Liberty and Freedom of the People. Do tell, Mr. Gunn, what such Freedom and Liberty shall be in the South, a Region that supports the Rights of the States, as we do as Republicans, what such Freedoms shall be when you yourself Support the Expansion of the Central State as a Federalist. You do not Uphold the same beliefs in the Rights of Southern and Northern States as your Faction does, then why shall You, a Hypocrite on these Remarks, which we shall say, are very Unpopular remarks given the Southern drive for Freedom of the States, criticize Mr. Madison for lies and Inconsistency?

It is now fully Apparent that only the Republicans will stand True to States' Rights in the South, given such Disunity in the faction of the Patriots. Southerners, Unite for the common cause of patriotism, not just for the Union, but for the States, and cast your Ballots for the Republican interest!
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2018, 05:23:22 PM »

wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2018, 10:58:28 PM »
« Edited: June 30, 2018, 11:01:48 PM by wxtransit »

The Republican Standard
The Voice of The People
Vol. IV
Mar. 1789
          We here, the Editors of the Republican Standard, do find it Quite humorous the nature of Mr. Gunn's latest attack on Mr. Madison. Quite interestingly, Mr. Gunn decided to attack Mr. Madison's age, through his Demeaning nature of the Words used as his title. We find this Very interesting as it appears Mr. Gunn has had an Episode of amnesia. His own faction's leader is in fact seven entire Years younger than Mr. Madison! Does Mr. Gunn's latest attack demonstrate his Attitude of Non-confidence towards his own faction's leader? Does he not believe in the abilities of Mr. Madison, much less, Mr. Jackson to carry out the abilities of the High office of First Secretary? We here at the Republican Standard do believe Mr. Gunn, with his known Federalist views and apparent Disdain for his own faction's leader, should not be a Patriot in his own Right!

Again, we, the Editors of this fine Newspaper, do believe that this is another example of the Disunity with his faction. They may Deny this analysis, but is consistent. Not only do his Views stand contrary to his Party, but, as a leader in his own Right, he seems to be inciting Revolt or is completely Ignorant to the fact of his own leader's Age! We do believe it is better for him, for his Sake, that he should be leading a Rebellion in his faction, because if Otherwise, it displays a Valid reason for him to not ascend to any sort of Office representing the people. If he cannot know basic Obvious facts about his own faction's Leader who he has seemingly met multiple times in the Least, then how should Georgians trust him with their Votes?

For either of these reasons, whether it be an accident or purposeful, both do Demonstrate that Mr. Gunn is not Fit to represent Georgians. When you cast your Votes so Efficiently within the next few Weeks, do remember this quality about this Candidate.
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2018, 11:49:29 PM »

wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2018, 10:01:03 PM »

wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2018, 10:16:38 PM »

wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2018, 10:20:55 PM »

Statement on the Formation of a Government
James Madison, First Secretary

wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2018, 09:29:57 PM »

Statement on Mr. Madison's Cabinet

wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2018, 08:10:35 PM »

Statement on High Constitutional Court Appointments

wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2018, 03:56:07 PM »

Statement to the Nation on Various Matters

The above statement was transmitted to all national newspapers.
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2018, 12:43:36 AM »

Urgent Address to the Nation

The above statement was transmitted to all national newspapers as urgently as possible.
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2018, 01:30:09 AM »

Urgent Address to the Nation

The above statement was transmitted to all national newspapers as urgently as possible.
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2018, 07:32:24 PM »

Extremely Urgent Address to the Nation

wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2018, 02:10:37 AM »

The Republican Standard
The Voice of The People
Vol. V
Oct. 1790
A letter from Mr. Madison
Penned in Pittsburgh.
          In my quick break from negotiations in Pittsburgh with the triumvirate of the Westsylvanian separatists, I was astounded to hear of attacks levied on these negotiations by the Hamiltonian faction. Not but hours after their leader, General Hamilton, who I am indebted to for his help in this crisis, rendered aid in the battlefields, Deputy Morris spoke of a most disheartening claim: that my government tasked to resolve this situation on the front lines has grossly mishandled this crisis.

I have some questions to ask Deputy Morris. Where were you when I told of the nation that my government was rushing to negotiations to resolve the situation? Were you not in your stagecoach, but instead on the back of your horse so that you could reach the neutral zone with such timeliness so that you could preserve the Union? Where were you when the Governor refused to negotiate and I was left with no option but to leave and consult my cabinet for further options? Where were you when my hand was forced to declare martial law and assume control of the state, falling apart at the seams? And where are you now, as I am about to resume talks with the triumvirate in an attempt to end this violence?

In closing, I have to say that Deputy Morris's attempt to politicize this crisis by providing a claim of mismanagement with no substance is repulsive. I ask of Deputy Morris to attempt the events of the last month as I have done before he shall render another judgement on the matter.

As I am now heading off down to meet the trimurvate for more negotiations, I ask for your prayers for this matter to be resolved swiftly and with little to no resistance, as to preserve this Grand Experiment as Washington intended. God bless America.

Madison
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2018, 09:14:14 AM »

Address Concerning a Resolution
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2018, 09:52:20 AM »

The Republican Standard
The Voice of The People
Vol. VI
Jan. 1791
A speech from Mr. Madison
To the Citizens and the Deputies, from the National Assembly
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2018, 06:35:36 PM »

Address on the State of the Union
spoken on the floor of the National Assembly
The above was transmitted to all national newspapers.
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2018, 10:40:49 PM »
« Edited: July 30, 2018, 10:52:02 PM by wxtransit »

The Westsylvanian Epilogue
The above was transmitted to all national newspapers.
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2018, 07:46:37 PM »

wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2018, 08:07:06 PM »

The Republican Standard
The Voice of The People
Vol. VII
Nov. 1791
A rebuttal against the TYRANNICAL men who call themselves Patriots.
       Mr. James Gunn, after hearing our leader Mr. MADISON's proper rebuke to his Party, went on to smear baseless accusations against the government. Madison's response is as follows:
[quote]First, I am within my bounds to question your experience in rendering such a judgement. You only served as the leader of a party - and an interim leader at that - while I have had the helm of the nation for the past three years. You may think of them the same - a most curious and incorrect assumption - but they are most certainly not. And no, this deal does not "poorly affect the whole country". I suggest you read up on your facts before rendering such a judgement. No unnecessary taxes shall be levied with this, and instead, the debt shall be paid off through new sources of revenue for the government, along with the rest of the debt. In fact, this is a benefit, not a harm! It is a good thing that you are not the President, as we need a steady hand that does not act in the interests of only himself and does not judge the situations completely. Next, I think you should take a lesson from yourself. If you were truly fighting for all of America, you would see that this deal acts in the best interest of keeping this nation together, and keeps our economy in good health, too. Instead, you opportunistically pick out the worst parts of the deal without context - provided nicely for you above, and use them as false talking points while doing nothing for your citizens in the process, while my government and myself fight for our nation's integrity. This is the crux of my question. You have done nothing except twist the knife in this crisis, while I have helped to bind our diverse cultures back together. And finally, and most hilariously, you seem to have made a talking point out of thin air. Never did I ask if you wanted me to assume all state debts. This is a complete and utter lie, and while I'm surprised you would go as far as that, I should not be shocked, given your record.

Governor of Georgia Mr. Gunn, all you want is to create strife for your own political gain, even going as far as to make up words out of my mouth. This is repulsive behavior in such a tough time, and a bad reflection upon the party you lead. In my administration, I have treated every state equally, including building a canal which goes through Maryland and Pennsylvania - a part of my deal, and aiding citizens by not increasing taxes. And yet, you go against your own philosophy by serving only the interests of yourself in a crisis, and flat-out lying to meet this end, instead of helping to rebuild our nation. You want this to be a smear on my legacy, and yet, it has completely backfired.

Shame be to Mr. Gunn, and if these Patriots shall not condemn this behavior, shame be to them.
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2018, 09:02:37 PM »

The Republican Standard
The Voice of The People
Vol. VIII
Nov. 1791
A Response to Mr. Adams.
       While it is true that Mr. Madison depends on such support of the Whigs, and entrusted its leader as his Deputy, it is furthermore true that it is not uncommon for members of the same coalition to compete, as it is the way of American Democracy. Furthermore, Mr. Madison asserts that no matter the outcome of the Vermont elections, his stance with the Whigs shall remain unchanged, as they do remain one of the few factions fighting for republican liberty in America, and still a close ally, no matter the dispositions of both leaders on the campaign trail.

That being said, we the editors of the Republican Standard, the voice of the Republican up and down the Atlantic, would like to address the claims made in the most recent of pamphlets by the Whigs. These Whigs assert a vote for them is the only possible ballot cast that can pervent the monarchical and truly un-Vermontian Hamiltonians from achieving office. This fact is completely and entirely false, and is intended to scare those Vermonters who believe in a different direction than intolerance for their state. Do not let intimidation prevent you from voting your conscience! The facts of the Whigs are clear, and the Vermonters who aspire for freedom know them well. Those who support our values of freedom assert the best choice is the Republican faction. The Republican candidate for western Vermont has been shown to be as competitive, in fact more so, than the Whig in that constituency, and is the best choice to defeat the Hamiltonians for fear they shall claim the seat. If too many cast a ballot for the Whigs there, in fact, it could jeopardize the Republican lead and allow the Hamiltonians in. But even furthermore, it is apparent that if these leads are maintained, the Hamiltonians have little chance at winning the Vermont elections, due to the truly republican nature of the state. For Governor, Assembly, and Legislature, vote your conscience!

The preceding was distributed in large numbers across Vermont, including western Vermont.
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2018, 09:29:50 PM »

Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies