The Press (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 12:35:07 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games
  Mock Parliament (Moderators: Hash, Dereich)
  The Press (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Press  (Read 12188 times)
_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.29, S: -7.74

« on: June 27, 2018, 06:37:32 PM »
« edited: June 28, 2018, 01:34:00 PM by Not Senator Not Madigan »

The Patriot Star

Vol. I
Mar. 1789

The Choice for Freedom, Liberty, and Prosperity.

My fellow citizens of the South and the United States of America.  After the great revolution in which we all fought for freedom from the tyranny of Monarchs, and for the birth of a government that protects the rights and liberty of it's citizens, we are now faced with a choice.  This choice shall decide which direction we will go as a nation, whether the freedoms granted to the peoples of this nation shall be kept, and whether or not the interests of the Southern people are represented in this new government.  

The choices we face this election are as follows.  John Jay's Tories offer the people a return to a Monarchy, which I myself fought to free this country from.  They offer the tyranny of taxes, which would grow more and more burdensome until the nation collapses under them.  Finally the Tories offer "reconciliation" with Britain, which I can only envision as surrendering this newly born nation to the very oppression it fought to be free from.  

Alexander Hamilton and his cultists wish for the taxes and despotic rule of a central government, and for eliminating the ability of the people to govern their own affairs within their states.  The only difference between the Tories and Hamiltonians would be Hamilton's wish for the Tyranny of a National Bank over that of a Monarch.  

Benjamin Franklin and his Radicals have been vague in their wishes for a National Government, but they've left a hint of what they wish to do.  They wish to have the Government interfere in the affairs of Southern States in which slavery exists, going as far to call not only for an end to the slave trade, but as far as the "freedom of the womb" for slaves.  This is a gross interference of the federal government into the affairs of the individual states, the individual's right to the ownership of property, and would bring the Southern economy to ruin by destroying the institution that helps keep it's economy alive.  This shows that Mr. Franklin's Radicals wish for a central government to crush the economy of half the country, as well as trample upon the natural rights of the people of this country.

Finally, there are James Madison's Republicans.  They have chosen to spread lies about the Patriots already, insinuating that we would not defend this great nation of ours.  The Patriots would stand in defense of this nation against any security threat, however it is our belief that we should pursue the interests of our own Nation, rather than involving ourselves in the conflicts of European Monarchs, but should conflict come to our doorstep we shall meet it with the same tenacity as we did 14 years ago when our great revolution began.  Now to talk of the Republicans, they have chosen to take no real position on a Monarchy, stating that they only "lean in opposition" to a return of it.  They only "lean in opposition" to the tyranny we faced under King George, to the burdensome taxes, the trampling of our rights, and to the rule of one man rather than rule by consent of the people.  

I looked upon these choices and saw that none of these factions wish to protect the interests of the Southern people, their rights and liberty, and that none truly stand in opposition to the horror of a central government or a monarchy.  Which is why I created the Patriots, we will stand in all the constituencies of the South, firmly opposed to taxation, the return of a monarchy, and to the horrid idea of a national bank.  We will stand to protect the rights of the individual, for the liberty of the states and towns and their ability to govern their own affairs, and to represent the interests of the South in Government and for the interests of America as a whole in foreign affairs.  

The choice for myself is clear.  The one faction that shall represent the people and protect the rights we fought for in our revolution is the Patriots, and I call upon all Citizens of the southern states to join me in voting for them this election!

The leader of the Patriots
James Jackson

(OOC:  The Patriot Star is a newspaper, and shall be published in the states of Delaware, Maryland, Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Georgia.)
_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2018, 08:53:24 PM »

Madison's Siren Song
Pamphlet by the Patriots

In the past few days, Madison's Republicans have decided to again launch attacks against our faction, and we wish to address them now.  The Republicans have attacked us for our foreign policy views, in which which we've called for general neutrality in foreign affairs.  However we have not called for the abandonment of our Allies, we have only called for the advancement of American interests in our foreign affairs and a general neutrality in foreign conflicts.  Unlike the Republicans, we wish for this nation to do it's own bidding, and act for it's own interests and benefit in foreign affairs, rather than be a dog of some foreign power, joining whatever wars they wish to involve us in.

The second attack which they subjected our faction to was quite interesting.  They wish to insinuate that holding the interests of the south at heart is a harmful thing, and that we wish to only have protections of rights and liberty for southerners.  Nowhere did we even suggest that the people of the north should not have the same rights as southerners, in fact we called for the protection of the natural rights of the individual, and wish for them to be enshrined in the constitution so that no man in this nation may have their rights taken away from them, regardless of the region in which they reside.  In addition, the insinuation that holding the interests of the south at heart is harmful is completely false.  The interests of the south are quite unique, given the institution upon which our economy is based as well as the various citizens of the southern states.  These factors lead us to believe that the people of the south should have their interests protected by a truly southern faction, one that is strong and united in purpose and will always stand for the people of the south.

Southerners, James Madison's siren song may sound appealing at first, but in the end it fails to address the issues of the south, and will fail to hold our people's interests at heart.  In government, the Patriots will protect the southern economy, the rights of the states and towns, oppose any efforts to restore a monarchy, and oppose efforts to centralize our government.  We will fight to make sure our government protects the rights of all it's citizens, that in foreign affairs American interests are held at heart, and make sure the freedoms the revolution brought this great nation shall remain unfettered for all time.

For freedom, liberty, prosperity, and the protection of natural rights and southern interests, I urge my fellow southerners to mark your ballot for the Patriots this election!

James Jackson

_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2018, 03:02:10 PM »

The Patriot Star
Vol. II
Mar. 1789
My fellow Citizens, it appears the editors of the "Republican Standard" have had an intriguing experience within the past few days.  It is the belief of this paper that the editors of the "Republican Standard" partook in the consumption of substances which transferred their minds to an alternate realm in which their erroneous attacks upon James Gunn were actually true.  However, in our real world, James Gunn has stood for the rights of the states, against federal taxation, against the expansion of Central Government, and firmly against forcing a monarchy upon our nation.  He is a proud member of the Patriot faction and has stood firmly for it's principles, and shall stand for them in government should he be elected.

The Republicans may consume as many substances as they wish in the hopes of their hallucinations becoming reality, however it is clear that they shall never be true.  What is true is that the Republicans have failed to take a firm position on a number of issues, including opposition to a monarchy, and foreign policy.  The Patriots however, have made their stances firm and clear, and no amount of attacks on the faction's members will change that. 

For a government committed to the rights of the states, for protection of the natural rights of all Americans, for firm opposition to a monarchy and expansion of central government, for a foreign policy in the interests of America and not foreign powers, and for a true representation and protection of Southern interests in government, the choice is clear.  Southerners, cast your ballots for the Patriots this election!
_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2018, 07:53:23 PM »

James Jackson on the Western Faction
Pamphlet by the Patriots

The Speech printed below was given by the leader of the Patriot Faction James Jackson in Lexington, Virginia, in the constituency of Kentucky on the 12th of February, speaking the truth of the "Western" Faction.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

(This pamphlet shall be distributed throughout the constituencies of Wilkes, Newberry Courthouse–Ninety-Six, Transylvania, Yadkin, Kentucky, Kanawha, Shenandoah, and Frederick)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

James Jackson on the Radical Faction
Pamphlet by the Patriots

The Speech printed below was given by the leader of the Patriot Faction James Jackson in Baltimore, Maryland, in the constituency of Baltimore on the 27th of February, speaking the truth of the Radical Faction.

(This pamphlet shall be distributed throughout the constituencies of the states of Maryland and Delaware.)
_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2018, 03:35:22 PM »

The Patriot Star

Vol. IV
May 2nd,1789

Of the formation of Government.

Today I write to the people of the South, expressing the sincere gratitude of the Patriot faction for electing 9 of us into government, and to all those who voted for us, and even those who did not.  Throughout the coming term of the Assembly we shall hold true to our principles of freedom, limited government, opposition to any taxation, and the protection of natural rights for all citizens, as well as keeping the interests of the South in mind at all times.

In addition to my thanks to the Southern people, I wish to discuss James Madison and his attempt at forming a government.  I wish to state that the Patriots cannot support his attempt to become First Secretary, as we have significant differences of opinion with him, as well as our belief that he is not the most capable man to become First Secretary.  However, it is likely that even with our opposition he will be able to form a government, and as such I make this promise to him and his faction, as well as to the people of the South and this whole nation.  Should he form a government, we will work to make sure his government will oppose expansion of federal power, taxation, and any attempt to infringe upon the rights of the individual.  In addition, we will fight against any attempt to diminish the South's interests while in government, and protect it's economic well being throughout the coming term.

All this is not to say that we will blindly oppose good that a possible Republican government would produce.  We would gladly vote for legislation as long as it will benefit the people of the South and the nation as a whole, as well as protect their natural rights.  Our promise is that throughout this term we will be a voice for the South, keeping the Government accountable to the interests of the Southern people, and accountable to the protection and expansion of freedom, liberty, and prosperity. 

I wish Mr. Madison and our nation the best of luck in the coming years, and may god bless the South and the United States of America.

James Jackson

_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2018, 06:22:47 PM »

The Patriot Star

Vol. 6
July 1789

Of Rights, Courts, and Revolutions

Today, we the editors of The Patriot Star wish to address the current business of the legislature, as well as a significant event abroad and our opinion on it.  First, we wish to discuss the "Federal Courts Act of 1789."  Our opinion on this legislation is mixed overall, as we do recognize the need to establish a system of federal courts in order to enforce the violation of federal laws, as well as the need to protect the rights in the constitution, or soon to be in the constitution, from violation.  However, we also believe that these courts should be held accountable to the people, and while we are pleased with the amendments to make the court system non-partisan, as well as free from political officeholders, we do believe that the courts should be accountable to the people, for if they are not they could run rampant and make decisions that a vast majority of this nation oppose, and would be able to do so unopposed.  That is why we are backing the actions of First Secretary Madison in forcing his "3/4ths" amendment to a vote, and urge the Assembly to accept the amendment in order to give the people a voice of opposition to the possibility of an erroneous court decision.

Second on the list of legislation would be the Democratic-Republicans proposed amendments to the Constitution, a "Declaration of Rights."  We believe that all the amendments would be guaranteeing the natural rights of citizens of this nation, as well as protecting the rights of the states, and as such these amendments have our full support, and we urge every deputy to vote in favor of them.

Finally, there is the Revolution abroad, in France.  The editors would like to make two statements on this event.  First, we wish to congratulate the French people in the beginnings of overthrowing their oppressive monarchy, and hope that they will join the United States in the establishment of a Republic that is truly responsive to the people, and that an elected body responsive to the people's will shall have control over their government rather than a self-appointed monarch.  The second statement is that the United States, while we should support the French people in spirit in their quest for self-government, we should not involve ourself in any way militarily, and should watch carefully and neutrally what occurs in France in the coming months.

These events have proven one thing, that the coming months will be turbulent for this newborn Nation and the World as a whole, so the editors of this paper wish to offer the following:  May god Bless the South, the United States, and the World with a future full of Freedom, Liberty, and Prosperity.
_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2018, 10:31:20 PM »

The Patriot Star

Vol. VII
November 1789

Of New Members of our Union

I wish to address today the possibility of new states entering our Union, and my position on them.  I believe that new states being formed will strengthen this Union on the whole, uniting peoples from across this land in Liberty and Freedom, as well as giving people the representation they desire and deserve.  Now, I wish to discuss Franklin, as the position of the Patriots is relevant for Franklin's possible existence.  I, and the Patriots, believe that since the population of Franklin has stabilized and has organized itself into a form capable of self-government, that Franklin should be allowed to come into existence as a state, and I humbly request to the Patriots in North Carolina's State Legislature to allow Franklin the opportunity to petition the Federal Government for statehood.

Of the possible state of Kentucky, I find myself quite confused as to how they were not admitted before the constitution was ratified, as they have proven themselves capable of self-government and are relatively independent from Virginia already.  I speak for myself and the Patriots in support of Kentucky becoming a new state, and urge the people of Kentucky to push for their admission as soon as possible.

On the Vermont Republic, I personally see no reason as to why their admission should be opposed, as they've certainly proven their ability to have a stable government.  As soon as their negotiations with New York finish, I will support their petition for statehood.

Finally, on the issue of Westsylvania, I wish to respectfully differ from my colleague James Gunn.  I believe that the people of Westsylvania sincerely wish to become a state and as such deserve the choice to become one. In addition, I urge those who are Virginians who wish to become Westsylvanians to make your voices heard and push for statehood. 

Before I conclude, I have another thought on the issue of Westsylvania.  It is a proposition that the Governments of Pennsylvania and Virginia allow the people of Westsylvania to have a referendum on whether or not they shall be granted statehood, as their voice should be the final one in their decision, not the voices of those in Chambersburg or Richmond.

I wish our nation and these proposed new states the best of luck in our future, and may god bless the South and the United States of America.

Leader of the Patriots
James Jackson

_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2018, 05:03:08 PM »

James Jackson on the Hamiltonians regarding the Slave Trade.
Pamphlet by the Patriots

The remarks printed below were given by the leader of the Patriot Faction James Jackson in the National Assembly, while debating the Compromise Bill on the Slave Trade.

(This pamphlet shall be distributed throughout the states of Delaware, Maryland, Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, and the proposed states of Kentucky, Franklin, and Westsylvania.)

_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2018, 02:32:04 PM »

James Jackson on Westsylvania and their fight for Freedom.
Pamphlet by the Patriots

The Speech printed below was given on the Floor of the National Assembly by Deputy James Jackson regarding the arrests of the Staff of The Western Herald, James Wilkinson, and the tyranny of the Government of Pennsylvania.

(This pamphlet shall be distributed throughout the proposed state of Westsylvania.)
_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2018, 09:33:25 PM »

The Patriot Star

Vol. VIII
May 17th, 1790

Of the Duel, our Union, and Legislation in the Assembly.

Today, my fellow Southerners and Americans, I wish to address the topic of my duel with the late Governor Mifflin.  First, I wish to extend my condolences to his family.  Yet, I must state that I do not regret my actions.  Through defeating the Governor in a duel I have purged from this Union a firm enemy of Liberty, and a man who betrayed his own state's constitution in the interests of his party rather than fulfill his duty to protect the rights of the people he governed.  It appears that in response to this action there are those within the Radical faction who wish to rise up and attack the supporters of Westsylvanian Independence and bring ruin to the region.  I condemn these militias in full, and any attempt at violence that would bring death and ruin to the Union.  As such, I urge all parties within the state to avoid violence, and instead to engage in negotiations led by First Secretary Madison.  It is my hope that the First Secretary will talk down those who wish violence upon the Westsylvanians, and give the people of Westsylvania the ability to decide their own fate, with no interference from forces hostile to their right to self-government in Pennsylvania.  May god bless our Union in these troubling times, and bless the people of Westsylvania with the statehood they desire.

On a second matter, it is sadly true that I have been exiled to Georgia for the time being, for participating in a duel agreed upon by both combatants and winning said duel.  I have confidence that this matter will be resolved in time, however until that time I shall have to advise my fellow Patriots from afar.  There are two key matters that I had left unaddressed before my exile, the Tory Senate Act, and the National Military Act and it's new Amendment.

On the Tory Senate Act, I share the sentiments of Mr. Adams, this Act would lead to a weakening of the voice of the people, and empowering Aristocrats over the people of our nation.  As such, I urge Patriots and all Deputies within the Assembly to oppose this Act in order to protect the voice of the American People in their government.

Now on the National Military Act, I voiced my concerns with the original bill and would oppose the legislation if it were unchanged.  However, the generosity of Deputy Robert Morris, and the Amendment by Mr. Adams limiting the size of the military during peacetime have altered my view on the legislation.  I believe that Patriots within the Assembly should support the Amendments by Mr. Adams and Mr. Morris, and oppose the amendment by King Jay the First.  On the end product however, I do recognize that some Patriots may have differing views, as such should the Amendments from Mr. Adams and Mr. Morris succeed, I ask that Patriots within the assembly have a free vote on the legislation, even though I urge them to support the Act.

To conclude, I offer this prayer in these troubling times.  May god bless the South and the United States with peace, prosperity, and respect for the rights of man.

Leader of the Patriots and Deputy in exile
James Jackson

(This edition of the Patriot star, and all following editions shall be published in all current Southern States, the soon to be state of Kentucky, the proposed state of Franklin, and the rightful state of Westsylvania)
_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2018, 05:10:35 PM »
« Edited: July 20, 2018, 07:25:44 PM by Not Senator Not Madigan »

The Patriot Star

Vol. IX
June, 1790

Of Tyrants and Liberty

My fellow Southerners and Americans, it appears that the First Secretary was sadly unable to produce a solution for the Westsylvania crisis, however it appears that Mr. Madison is not to blame.  The Radical Government of Pennsylvania, rather than being willing to recognize their suppression of liberty and allow the Westsylvanians a chance to decide their own fate, have instead stood firm in their tyranny and have refused any solution that allows Westsylvania a chance at freedom.  

I believe there is but one man behind the actions of the Radical Party and their betrayal of Liberty, Benjamin Franklin.  Mr. Franklin appears to have been tainted by Monarchism after his time in France, and has moved beyond his principles in the pursuit of power.  He and his Radicals have not only chosen to oppose the rights of man guaranteed in Pennsylvania's constitution, but oppose the enshrinement of Freedom of Speech, Press, Assembly, and Association among others by voting against the Declaration of Rights Amendments in the National Assembly.  In doing this, Mr. Franklin and his Radicals have proven themselves firm enemies of the natural rights of man, and allies of Monarchists such as the Tories.  With this, I grant Mr. Franklin a new title, Benedict Franklin, traitor to liberty.  

With the Pennsylvania government unwilling to give Westsylvania a chance at their freedom, I urge all those within the proposed state of Westsylvania to continue protesting for their freedom, and to never lie down in the face of Tyranny!  

To conclude, I offer this prayer.  May god bless Westsylvania with statehood, and the South and the Union with peace and prosperity.

James Jackson

_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2018, 07:40:30 PM »

The Patriot Star

Vol. X
October 6th, 1790

Victory!

Westsylvania is free and the Radical Government of Pennsylvania lies defeated!  Through the efforts of Honourable members of the state legislature, King Morris has been deposed and the Radical Government has been ousted from Philadelphia.  However, it appears that with no Government capable of being formed in Pennsylvania due to the rioting of Radicals and their minions, the President has seen necessary to grant First Secretary Madison the ability to deal with the crisis in Pennsylvania by declaring martial law.  May the First Secretary be able to restore order to where the Radical Government only brought chaos and ruin.

In addition to this event, the Rightful state of Westsylvania has finally been born!  Through the efforts of the men at Redstone Fort, Westsylvania has seceded and begun the process of being born as a state.  With this, I urge the First Secretary to grant the people of All Westsylvania the ability to decide their own fate through a referendum on statehood, and I urge the Virginia Legislature to allow the people of Westsylvanian territory within their state to be allowed to join their brethren peacefully.  May God grant our Nation freedom from the Tyranny of the Radical faction, and the rightful statehood of Westsylvania.

James Jackson

_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2018, 04:59:21 PM »

James Jackson on the Western Faction's slavery stances.
Pamphlet by the Patriots

The speech printed below were given by the leader of the Patriot Faction James Jackson on October 31st in the town of Louisville, Kentucky.

(This pamphlet shall be distributed throughout the state of Kentucky by the State's Patriot Organization.)
_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2018, 04:27:03 PM »

The Patriot Star

Vol. XI
December 3rd, 1791

John Milledge on Mr. Madison's Betrayal of his principles

The speech printed below was given by John Milledge, the Patriot Deputy from Wilkes, talking of the First Secretary's actions, including the assumption of Pennsylvania's debt and the construction of the Harrisburg-Philadelphia canal.

(The Patriot Star shall formally expand printing to the states of Westsylvania and Cumberland, while continuing to print in all other Southern States.)
_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2018, 07:51:38 PM »

The Patriot Star

Vol. XII
February 7th, 1792

James Jackson on current events in the Nation.

The following speech was given by James Jackson on the Floor of the National Assembly, speaking of events that have occurred in his absence.

_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2018, 10:07:37 PM »

The Patriot Star

Vol. XIII
February 29th, 1792

Gunn's Betrayal of the South.

Today, we the Editors of the Patriot Star come to the people of the South with terrible news.  It appears that Governor James Gunn has fallen ill with a madness similar to that of William Blount, and has betrayed the values of the people he represents as Governor in the creation of his "centre" party. 

In this madness, he has chosen to compromise with men such as John Jay, who would see the institution of slavery extinguished and the Southern economy destroyed, by falling in opposition to the slave trade.  He wishes to make such a blatant about face on this issue by yielding to the Tories, perhaps in a vain attempt to win favor with them.  Instead he has betrayed the whole south by abandoning it on the slave trade, which is vital in bringing new slaves into slave states, such as South Carolina and Gunn's own state of Georgia. 

Mr. Gunn has also chosen in his madness to yield to the Hamiltonians with his support of a "living constitution", which is most certainly meaning he wishes to support measures growing the National Government, such as the hideous National Bank Act.  It is almost certain that such moves will mean an increase in taxation, meaning that Mr. Gunn has betrayed his record in the Assembly and his values as a whole in the interests of compromising with opponents of the values of Self Government, Limited Government, and States' Rights.

James Gunn has fallen into a madness betraying the values of the Patriot Party, The South, and his own values, clearly in the interests of power and in gaining favor with the British Tory and Hamiltonian factions.  We urge the people of Georgia and the South as a whole to immediately reject this madman and his party, lest the South find itself sold away by a new Benedict Arnold.

May Mr. Gunn enjoy his 30 bank notes painted of silver, for he shall enjoy no home within any office in Georgia as long as the Patriots stand in protection of Georgia's values.

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies