FL - NBC/Marist: Nelson +4
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:35:35 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2018 Senatorial Election Polls
  FL - NBC/Marist: Nelson +4
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: FL - NBC/Marist: Nelson +4  (Read 2500 times)
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 26, 2018, 02:09:08 PM »

Nelson: 49%
Scott: 45%

Dems lead GOP by 6 in Generic Ballot

http://maristpoll.marist.edu/wp-content/misc/FLpolls/FL180617/NBC%20News%20Marist%20Poll_Written%20Summary%20of%20Findings_FL_June%202018.pdf
ajc0918
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2018, 02:09:43 PM »

Scott has spent $20MM so far on tv ads and still can't shake the space man.
Wisconsin SC Race 2019
hofoid

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2018, 02:10:53 PM »

Hmm, way too kind to Nelson, but throw it in to the mean, I guess. Likely --> Lean R.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2018, 02:11:11 PM »

Scott is going to win by around 8 percent.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2018, 02:11:24 PM »

ON Progressive
OntarioProgressive
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -8.70

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2018, 02:11:56 PM »

Hmm, way too kind to Nelson, but throw it in to the mean, I guess. Likely --> Lean R.

LMAO.
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.25, S: -6.50

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2018, 02:12:19 PM »

We shouldnt take one poll for granted, but yeah, this race should be in Rick's favor after all the money he has blown through, and yet, Nelson can still lead. If Nelson starts sending his ads out, then Rick might be DOA.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2018, 02:15:21 PM »
« Edited: June 26, 2018, 02:23:03 PM by Gass3268 »

I've yet to see a poll were Scott gets over 47%. Nelson has been everywhere from 50% to 39%.
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2018, 02:16:11 PM »

Scott is going to win by around 8 percent.

The fuk?
Skye
yeah_93
YaBB God
Venezuela

« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2018, 02:20:08 PM »

It's not like this is a red state to begin with. Nelson is a relatively popular Democratic incumbent in a purple state running for reelection in the middle of a blue wave. He should by cruising to reelection but Scott is a strong challenger which is why the race has stayed competitive.
ajc0918
United States

« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2018, 02:27:52 PM »

It's not like this is a red state to begin with. Nelson is a relatively popular Democratic incumbent in a purple state running for reelection in the middle of a blue wave. He should by cruising to reelection but Scott is a strong challenger which is why the race has stayed competitive.

Scott has never gotten more than 48.9% of the vote in an election. He has also never gotten more than 48% in any poll. In fact, if you remove internals (since FL Chamber polls are essentially that) he has never gotten more than 46% in a poll. He's not super strong, he just has money to blow.

ON Progressive
OntarioProgressive
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -8.70

« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2018, 02:28:58 PM »

Scott has never gotten more than 48.9% of the vote in an election. He has also never gotten more than 48% in any poll. In fact, if you remove internals (since FL Chamber polls are essentially that) he has never gotten more than 46% in a poll. He's not super strong, he just has money to blow.

Hasn't his net worth also dropped a ton because of the fact he flooded his two governor's races with tons of his own money?
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2018, 02:31:32 PM »

Hasn't his net worth also dropped a ton because of the fact he flooded his two governor's races with tons of his own money?

Scott blew $70 million on the FL governors race and won both times with a margin under 1% in two of the best GOP wave years (2010 & 2014)

He's overrated
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2018, 02:31:43 PM »

They pulled the polls, lol
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2018, 02:33:36 PM »

Means somebody leaked them
Skye
yeah_93
YaBB God
Venezuela

« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2018, 02:38:23 PM »

So that proves he's not a strong opponent for Nelson?

Whatever the reason may be - his fortune being poured into the race, his positive approvals - he's giving Nelson the fight of his life.

I'm not saying Scott will win. In fact, I've stated several times that I believe Nelson will pull through in the end. But that doesn't mean this isn't a strong challenge.
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2018, 02:40:52 PM »

When is deadbeat forum owner Dave Leip gonna give me poll database access? Of course mds32 added the OH-Gov poll along with other trash polls but not any of the Senate polls to come out today.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2018, 02:53:36 PM »

When is deadbeat forum owner Dave Leip gonna give me poll database access? Of course mds32 added the OH-Gov poll along with other trash polls but not any of the Senate polls to come out today.

Dave didn't give me access until like a year after I requested it, lol. So don't hold your breath.

I'll add them if you want though. I can't add the Marist ones until the data actually comes out though, not just leaked numbers.
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2018, 03:06:20 PM »

If Nelson loses, the Florida Democratic Party should be disbanded and future elections should be run from DNC's headquarter.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2018, 03:23:18 PM »

Here's how this poll is actually good news for Scott...
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2018, 03:39:41 PM »

A decent pollster!? *GASP*
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: -0.87

P P P
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2018, 03:45:16 PM »

Lean D.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2018, 04:08:06 PM »

Whatever the reason may be - his fortune being poured into the race, his positive approvals - he's giving Nelson the fight of his life.

I'm not saying Scott will win. In fact, I've stated several times that I believe Nelson will pull through in the end. But that doesn't mean this isn't a strong challenge.

This exactly, my bro Clarence is in a ferocious fight, but he should make it out by the skin of his teeth.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2018, 04:11:37 PM »

This is the correct take.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2018, 06:17:42 PM »

Marist has released the cross tabs-

http://maristpoll.marist.edu/wp-content/misc/FLpolls/FL180617/Toss%20Up%20Questions_NBC%20News_Marist%20Poll_Florida%20Nature%20of%20the%20Sample%20and%20Tables_June%202018.pdf#page=1
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies