Au Canada (Mock Parliament revival, sign-up and rules)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 09:37:18 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games
  Mock Parliament (Moderators: Hash, Dereich)
  Au Canada (Mock Parliament revival, sign-up and rules)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: Au Canada (Mock Parliament revival, sign-up and rules)  (Read 5849 times)
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: March 11, 2018, 10:51:39 PM »

Wait, I completely forgot I was in this.
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: 2.43

« Reply #76 on: March 11, 2018, 10:53:10 PM »

Wait, I completely forgot I was in this.

Welcome back!
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #77 on: March 11, 2018, 10:56:03 PM »

Anyway, it looks like my party is completely out of touch with the people. Time to form a breakaway faction.
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #78 on: March 11, 2018, 10:56:40 PM »

Anyway, it looks like my party is completely out of touch with the people. Time to form a breakaway faction.

Aww, I was wanting a leadership challenge!
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #79 on: March 11, 2018, 10:57:38 PM »

LIBERTARIAN PARTY OF CANADA CHOO CHOO MOTHERERS
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #80 on: March 11, 2018, 10:58:16 PM »

That...already exists.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #81 on: March 11, 2018, 10:59:57 PM »

That...already exists.

I'm not literally naming it that, that's just what it's going to be.

Maybe I'll do a leadership challenge first with this as a contingency plan.
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #82 on: March 12, 2018, 02:28:39 AM »

Great work, everyone; whether or not it is reflected by the results, all of you have done a fantastic job these last several weeks. I've had a lot of fun reading your speeches and debate answers, and I hope you had just as much fun creating them.

With the results of the election in, we'll soon begin the government phase. As the Liberals have won a majority in parliament, Thumb (assuming he wishes to continue as Trudeau) will continue on as prime minister, with the Conservatives providing the official opposition. I'll post more details tomorrow.

Again, great job, and thanks for all your hard work!
_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.29, S: -7.74

« Reply #83 on: March 12, 2018, 07:01:12 AM »

Given that there is now a Lib. Majority, and Bloc Can't exactly do too much in this situation but watch the Liberals enact their policies, that in Atlasia bills are starting to come in and I need to focus on that a bit, as well as that I'm having a good amount of fun playing in Post-Obama, I will be dropping out as Rheal Fortin and the Bloc Quebecois.  I had a lot of fun playing this game, and, though part of me is angry at the results and how (it seemed to me) that Transit's effort was thrown away for a single mistake he made, I will be willing to come back to this board in the next iteration of Mock Parliament.

Thank you Truman for this first experience, and I thank all of my fellow players for their efforts.
Don Vito Corleone
bruhgmger2
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -5.91

« Reply #84 on: March 12, 2018, 07:13:33 AM »

I kinda wanna play as Jim Prentice and do a Leadership coup against Scheer, but that would be a bit of dick move to xtransit, and my time constraints are still present, though much improved.
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #85 on: March 12, 2018, 11:18:33 AM »

I kinda wanna play as Jim Prentice and do a Leadership coup against Scheer, but that would be a bit of dick move to xtransit, and my time constraints are still present, though much improved.

You could join as the Bloc or Greens Wink
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #86 on: March 12, 2018, 01:19:57 PM »

Given that there is now a Lib. Majority, and Bloc Can't exactly do too much in this situation but watch the Liberals enact their policies, that in Atlasia bills are starting to come in and I need to focus on that a bit, as well as that I'm having a good amount of fun playing in Post-Obama, I will be dropping out as Rheal Fortin and the Bloc Quebecois.  I had a lot of fun playing this game, and, though part of me is angry at the results and how (it seemed to me) that Transit's effort was thrown away for a single mistake he made, I will be willing to come back to this board in the next iteration of Mock Parliament.

Thank you Truman for this first experience, and I thank all of my fellow players for their efforts.
Understood, Not Madigan, though I'm sorry to see you go; always feel free to rejoin (either as Fortin or as another character) should the mood strike you. For the record: the Conservatives did not loose the election because of one comment. I don't want to be unfair to Wxtransit by going over everything that contributed to his grade over the course of five turns, but the "social conservative" moment was not the deciding factor. The system by which I turn schedules into grades into polling averages into seats in parliament is far more complicated than me just saying "social conservatism = bad!" and lopping thirty seats off the Conservative margin.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #87 on: March 12, 2018, 01:26:57 PM »

You could join as the Bloc or Greens Wink
Indeed, you're more than welcome to join as a backbencher or leader of one of the smaller parties (in addition to BQ, Sanchez appears to have dropped out).
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #88 on: March 12, 2018, 01:27:22 PM »

Understood, Not Madigan, though I'm sorry to see you go; always feel free to rejoin (either as Fortin or as another character) should the mood strike you. For the record: the Conservatives did not loose the election because of one comment. I don't want to be unfair to Wxtransit by going over everything that contributed to his grade over the course of five turns, but the "social conservative" moment was not the deciding factor. The system by which I turn schedules into grades into polling averages into seats in parliament is far more complicated than me just saying "social conservatism = bad!" and lopping thirty seats off the Conservative margin.

But that's what I wanted to do in the game I'm moderating! Tongue

In all seriousness, I'd like to change my character to Jim Prentice, former Premier of Alberta.
thumb21
YaBB God
Cyprus

Political Matrix
E: -4.42, S: 1.82

« Reply #89 on: March 12, 2018, 02:59:12 PM »

A victory speech is coming tommorrow hopefully.

In the mean time, well done to all my opponents for a fun campaign and Truman for a well managed game.
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #90 on: March 12, 2018, 03:24:15 PM »

Despite some quarrels here or there, this campaign has been fun, and I can't wait to see what the next round will bring!

Thanks to Truman for managing such a hectic election and my opponents for making this race enjoyable.
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #91 on: March 13, 2018, 06:01:58 PM »

I'd like to play as Elizabeth May, leader of the Green Party if possible.

Yay, we have the Greens back!
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #92 on: March 15, 2018, 09:47:29 AM »

So...
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #93 on: March 15, 2018, 03:02:13 PM »

Right. The election being formally concluded, we now move into the government phase. This part of the game will cover the period from March 1, 2016 to January 31, 2020 and will last for eight turns (or fewer, if parliament is sooner dissolved). Rules are the same as those in the opening post of this thread, with one alteration:

Early elections: The government may not call an early election during budget turns, and parliament may not be dissolved during either the first or second turn. As we now have a majority government, I do not expect this to be an issue, but this new rule exists to ensure that the governing party is not continually taking advantage of the honeymoon period to stack the deck.

The main difference between government and electioneering in terms of our game is that gameplay will now be spread out over three threads (again, see the opening post for details). I will open Turn One later this evening; this first turn will last for one week to allow Trudeau time to organize a government, but I will consider shortening turns to three-day increments depending on player feedback.

As always, let me know if you have any comments/questions/concerns.
Boobs
HCP
« Reply #94 on: March 19, 2018, 05:27:20 PM »

Going to have to drop out – sorry Truman! It was a fun game, but I'm a bit busier now.
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #95 on: March 24, 2018, 12:05:09 AM »

Due to the fact that no other candidates declared before Thursday's deadline, does this mean Prentice is elected leader?
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #96 on: March 24, 2018, 04:54:30 PM »

Also, it would probably be best to shorten turns to three days or so so that we don't lose activity.
thumb21
YaBB God
Cyprus

Political Matrix
E: -4.42, S: 1.82

« Reply #97 on: March 24, 2018, 05:18:26 PM »

Due to the fact that no other candidates declared before Thursday's deadline, does this mean Prentice is elected leader?

I asked Truman for an extension and he said take as long as you need, so my assumption is that the Thursday deadline didn't happen yet. I didn't prioritize finishing my go because didn't you are on leave of absence. I'll finish my go ASAP, on Monday cuz I have no time tomorrow.

Also, it would probably be best to shorten turns to three days or so so that we don't lose activity.

I don't think that would increase activity. I think that given there's only two of us right now, we can be flexible I suppose.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies