Should There be a Revote on Brexit? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 10:56:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Should There be a Revote on Brexit? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Should Britons be able to have a revote on Brexit?
Briton: Yes

Briton: No

Non-Briton: Yes

Non-Briton: No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 161

Author Topic: Should There be a Revote on Brexit?  (Read 8099 times)
mvd10
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 2.58, S: -2.61

« on: January 18, 2019, 10:28:22 AM »

I think it's best for the UK to exit the EU on May's deal (which is fairly reasonable I think) and see how life is outside the EU. If they don't like it they can always come back, but Leave won the referendum. Now there might not be a grand democratic argument against a second referendum, but a second referendum will mean that Brexit and the EU likely will continue to be an issue in the UK in the years to come (95% of Leavers still backs Leave and they will be incredibly pissed if Remain narrowly wins...) and I don't think the Brexit/EU obsession has been very healthy for the UK. Leave won, get over it. If life outside the EU turns out to be miserable (it likely will) they can always come back in a few years, but I do think it's fairly important that Brexit atleast happens.

I would have voted Remain if I were British by the way, Brexit likely will be very damaging economically. The EU is 50% of British exports and they're not going to get a deal remotely comparable to the Single Market with any other trading partner. Tariff-free trade maybe, but tariffs aren't the biggest trade barriers.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies