WV-Monmouth: Manchin +9, Ojeda leads in WV-3 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:25:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2018 Senatorial Election Polls
  WV-Monmouth: Manchin +9, Ojeda leads in WV-3 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: WV-Monmouth: Manchin +9, Ojeda leads in WV-3  (Read 6226 times)
ON Progressive
OntarioProgressive
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -8.70

« on: June 20, 2018, 12:05:31 PM »

Ojeda leading! That's huge!
ON Progressive
OntarioProgressive
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2018, 05:12:58 PM »

Do all of you know Ojeda voted for Trump?

Yes, and this is why I want him to fail.

Furthermore, the fact that Ojeda, one of the Democrats running for the House pledging not to support Pelosi for Speaker, supported Trump, contributes to me distrusting every Democrat who pledges not to support Pelosi for Speaker in general.

Ridiculous. Throwing out candidates because they voted for Trump is not the way to win back people we need if we're ever going to branch beyond urban areas in the north.

How often did Republicans nominate candidates in 2010 who voted for Obama, even though Obama won by a far bigger margin than Trump did? And actually, you know, got more votes than his opponent did.

How many Republicans were running in a mirror image WV-03 (i.e. Obama +50 CD with a huge R registration advantage)?

I know you love to absolutely trash WV for some extremely odd reason, but Ojeda voting for Trump is absolutely not a black mark, considering he regrets his vote and has gotten progressive policy like medical cannibis legalization passed in a Republican controlled state legislature.
ON Progressive
OntarioProgressive
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2018, 06:55:40 AM »

I really don’t give a flying f**k who voted Kasich or Trump or even goddamn Ted Cruz.

Records matter, not endorsements. I don’t expect someone like IceSpear to change their position (generally because of his well-known loathing for the state) but I feel it’s ridiculous to care about this when (a) it’s literally toxic to support Clinton in Logan County and (b) he’s admitted he made a mistake.

Manchin enthusiastically supported Hillary and he's leading in the district by more than Ojeda is. Explain that one.

Just like the Pelosi stuff, it's nothing more than kowtowing to a GOP narrative because it ostensibly helps you politically when in reality nobody cares, except maybe partisan hacks who are already locked in votes anyway. Republicans never disavowed their toxic Congressional leaders and paid no price for it. Republicans never nominated an Obama supporter in heavily Democratic districts and paid no price for it. Why? They're smart enough to know nobody cares about this sh**t.

Manchin is an incumbent who has been elected statewide 5 times, and was a very popular governor. Ojeda, OTOH, is a first term state senator who doesn’t have a lot of name rec (most of the district doesn’t even know who he is).

Also, Ojeda isn’t a Trump supporter considering he regrets his vote for Trump now.
ON Progressive
OntarioProgressive
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2018, 03:29:24 PM »

For you poll critics I just want to remind you Monmouth’s lest National poll in 2016 was Clinton 50 Trump 44.

And Clinton won the national vote 48-46, so that's within the margin of error.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies