Italian Elections and Politics 2022 - Our Time to Schlein (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:56:28 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Italian Elections and Politics 2022 - Our Time to Schlein (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Italian Elections and Politics 2022 - Our Time to Schlein  (Read 172444 times)
Astatine

Political Matrix
E: -0.72, S: -5.90

« on: January 13, 2021, 01:14:00 PM »

Not sure what Renzi thinks he will win with this, but whatever. He's not even popular. Is it true that Berlusconi could save Conte? I've read that somewhere.

It's theoretically possible, and it would be hilarious in a bad way, but I have no idea what Berlusconi actually thinks of all of this.
Well, if he somehow saves Conte during this awful period, we can probably say, very, very quietly: "Menomale che Silvio c'è"

Lmaooo

A very hilarious possibility would be a M5S-FI government; they likely have the numbers, and both parties stand to lose big from new elections. After the yellow-green government and the yellow-red government, in for the yellow-blue one? Realistically there's like <1% chance it happens, but who knows...
And any possibility of Renzi retracting his exit from the government? Or of a revolt in his caucus? It wouldn't be the first time.

Both things are possible, yes (I could actually argue that the former is even likely, but I won't do it). I don't think Renzi's endgame is really a snap election, and I don't know how other people in IV are assessing the situation.
Yeah, when you're polling at 3 % your goal shouldn't be a snap election.
Astatine

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2021, 09:19:35 AM »

Comparing the Virgin, Our Lady, to a transvestite whore, all the angels in a row, comparing God to a swine.

Yeah, welcome to the magic tragic world of Italian blasphemies.

I feel that Catholic countries have much more imaginative obscenities.

Same goes for Serbo-Croatian/BHS, where God is often disrespected in insult (Jebem ti boga). In the Serbian standard variant of BHS you will often see insults against the Pope (directed towards Croats) or Islam (directed towards Bosniaks/Albanians). I even found a research paper on that: https://www.researchgate.net/publication/336589682_AN_INTANGIBLE_BUT_VERY_LOUD_HERITAGE_SWEAR_WORDS_IN_SERBIAN Tongue

Anyways, not to derail this thread into swearing in foreign languages: I read somewhere that the President of the Italian Supreme Court, Marta Cartabia, is rumored to be a potential successor for Conte as Prime Minister. Any infos on that?
Astatine

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2021, 09:33:35 AM »

Anyways, not to derail this thread into swearing in foreign languages: I read somewhere that the President of the Italian Supreme Court, Marta Cartabia, is rumored to be a potential successor for Conte as Prime Minister. Any infos on that?

What do you MEAN shifting the thread topic from "Renzi opens government crisis" to "Catholics have such imaginatively obscene ways to break the Second Commandment" just because I got mad at Clarko's language is derailing??

Anyway, personally I have never heard Marta Cartabia mentioned by anyone except by my father during his fever dreams of an institutional (and anti-M5S) government. Also, she is not a member of the Constitutional Court anymore.
Me adding some more info on blasphemic insults in a non-Romanic language was the derailment, so I wanted to balance that a bit. Tongue

Just researched again where I found that, it was in the Austrian "Der Standard" and some other German news outlets apparently copied that.
Astatine

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2021, 02:01:23 PM »

Conte apparently just announced his resignation...

Edit: ...to seek a mandate for a 3rd cabinet. Shouldn't just read news article headlines.
Astatine

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2021, 04:15:09 PM »

Regarding Berlusconi... In German there is a nice proverb: "Hast du einen Opa, dann schick ihn nach Europa" (If you have a grandpa, send him to Europe[an politics]).
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies