Italian Elections and Politics 2022 - Our Time to Schlein (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 11:21:23 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Italian Elections and Politics 2022 - Our Time to Schlein (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Italian Elections and Politics 2022 - Our Time to Schlein  (Read 173619 times)
Oppo

« on: July 21, 2022, 07:23:25 PM »

Oppo

« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2022, 10:56:26 PM »

or quite a number of Southern voters (particularly in Sicily I think), who appear to skew unemployed.
There seemed to be a lean towards housewives, or am I misremembering?

Probably. Come to think of it, I wouldn't be surprised if the strongest predictor of FI vote was how many hours of TV per day a person watched on average between, say, 1990 and 2010.
A rather exhaustive study came to that conclusion — Mediaset really dumbed down Italians into voting for Silvio.

https://pubs.aeaweb.org/doi/pdfplus/10.1257/aer.20150958
Oppo

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2022, 11:03:42 AM »

Apparently he lost a bet with Berlusconi…idk about you guys but he looks disgusting now

Oppo

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2022, 12:15:58 PM »

In fairness they struggle to remember themselves often.

Speaking of people who never know which side they are on, the latest from our old friend Clemente Mastella is apparently that he intends to go on a hunger strike if TV shows violate the rules of equal opportunities for all parties. I'm sure this is a principled stand that he would have taken otherwise and not just because his microparty is running alone this time after he was unable to complete a deal with any of the main coalitions.
Mastella is so goofy…I think it’s hilarious that he brought down Prodi’s government bc his wife was exposed for corruption and all parties refused to form an alliance with him (Berlusconi said polls showed he would lose 12% support lmao)
Oppo

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2022, 10:20:18 AM »

New projections out for the Chamber of Deputies…the CdX has a 99.4% chance of winning a majority

Oppo

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2022, 09:22:22 AM »

Oppo

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2022, 04:00:34 PM »

Not the endorsement the Five Star Movement was looking for…

Oppo

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2022, 08:56:27 PM »

some people think that renzi and calenda are leftist, more leftist of the PD...
i know a young man call himself communist* and vote and it's member of the Calenda party

* it's clear that he is not know what he tell
This is as dumb as when Salvini said Berlinguer would vote Lega if he was alive today
Oppo

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2022, 03:00:58 PM »

Electoral system: Rosatellum (modified per reduction of MPs); Chamber: 245 PR, 147 FPTP, 8 Abroad; Senate: 122 PR, 74 FPTP, 4 Abroad (1 per each constituency); PR thresholds: 10% per coalitions, 3% per party list (1% to be included in the PR distribution) Linguistic minorites threshold (SVP in Trentino-Alto Adige/South Tyrol) is 20% to be included in Chamber' PR distribution (in Senate, the South Tyrol will only elect by their 6 fixed FPTP seats)
Sorry for the dumb question, but does this mean that a party running on its own needs 3%, while a party running in a coalition needs 1% of the total vote to get PMs?
Also:
Are Az/+Eu a party list or a coalition for threshold purposes?
Is Giovanni Toti's outfit running with IV or is he seeking a path back to the centre right?
I was also wondering if some of the controversial politicians of the (not-so) distant past are still vying for relevancy or are they retired now: Gianfranco Fini and Nichi Vendola come to mind.

Vendola announced his return to active politics with the AVS
Oppo

« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2022, 12:51:14 PM »

Let’s goooooo….
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies