NY-14: Goliath falls to OCASIO!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 08:30:55 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  NY-14: Goliath falls to OCASIO!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 29
Author Topic: NY-14: Goliath falls to OCASIO!  (Read 50314 times)
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: June 15, 2018, 11:28:37 PM »

yes Ro Khanna is such a notorious huckster I can't believe any trusts him.
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #76 on: June 15, 2018, 11:32:21 PM »

Cant blame him. You dont double-cross Crowley. If you do...the boys over at the Concrete workers Teamsters union would like to have a little chat with you.
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #77 on: June 15, 2018, 11:34:29 PM »

Cant blame him. You dont double-cross Crowley. If you do...the boys over at the Concrete workers Teamsters union would like to have a little chat with you.

I think he endorsed Crowley without knowing there was a serious challenger initially and then received backlash from Justice Dem and felt this was the best way out of a bad situation.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #78 on: June 15, 2018, 11:39:35 PM »

I think he endorsed Crowley without knowing there was a serious challenger initially and then received backlash from Justice Dem and felt this was the best way out of a bad situation.

Or he just has no principles and got caught playing both sides Tongue
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -8.78

« Reply #79 on: June 15, 2018, 11:40:07 PM »

What a fraud. He so transparently wants to run for President or something as a progressive, too be he has neither the heart nor the brains for it.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #80 on: June 15, 2018, 11:58:18 PM »

What a fraud. He so transparently wants to run for President or something as a progressive, too be he has neither the heart nor the brains for it.
he doesnt know how to play politics, but he is good at crafting policy
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #81 on: June 16, 2018, 12:00:51 AM »

Or he just has no principles and got caught playing both sides Tongue

Probably both
Babeuf

« Reply #82 on: June 16, 2018, 12:12:01 AM »

I still think he is going to win pretty easily, but his performance in the debate makes me think he would be a disaster as Dem leader.
henster
Junior Chimp

« Reply #83 on: June 16, 2018, 12:28:45 AM »

On paper yea the district is very diverse and majority Hispanic but we know they don't turnout. Whites will make up a majority voters and as usual skew old, advantage Crowley.
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #84 on: June 16, 2018, 12:44:02 AM »

Guys (and gals) - what's the problem with Crowley??? Yes, the district is racially very diverse, so what? Let people of the district decide themselves - whom they want as their Congressman. Hispanic? Fine. Asian? Fine as well. Black? Fine too. But IF they want to be represented by white male - they are completely within their rights too. Even if he happens to be a direct descendant of someone from Mayflower, and thus - belongs to a sort of "white arisrtocracy". Frankly speaking - i never understood all that talk about "this district MUST elect ...........". No one "MUST" anything in this matter, and the only thing, that REALLY must be guaranteed - a full possibulity to express somebody's electoral free will. And full respect of result (whatever they will be) by all sides and persons. That's all, IMHO.That's what i call a democracy (with small "d" as first letter) - everyone's rights and results are preserved and respected, but - no "guarantees" for anyone..
IndustrialJustice

« Reply #85 on: June 16, 2018, 01:35:07 AM »

Are you from the '50s?
LimoLiberal
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.71, S: -4.00

« Reply #86 on: June 16, 2018, 01:33:50 PM »

I mean AOC seems like a good candidate... but personally knowing one of Crowley's children kind of makes her attacks on them gross. I would never want to experience that, feeling like where I go to school or where I live is fodder for someone to be attacked on politically. They go to public schools! Not Sidwell Friends or some hyper expensive prep school. My advice: Cool it with the attacks on his residency and focus on the local issues that you successfully brought to the table.

Also, I caution Atlas on this. If you were to look on social media, it seems like AOC is going to win 80-20. No. DSA and leftists have swarmed around AOC, and most of them are white Brooklyn hipster dudes, not the actual electorate of NY-14 (that is not likely to be particularly well-informed). AOC has something like $300,000 on hand and hasn't even cut a TV ad. It would not particularly surprise me if she lost 70-30 despite the amount of hype for her. Crowley is not Dan Lipinski, by any stretch, and AOC is not Marie Newman in terms of institutional support and fundraising.

I hope this post gets through the mod review!
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #87 on: June 16, 2018, 02:03:39 PM »

Claiming only Crowley can stop Hoyer is absurd.

Hoyer is even older than Pelosi. Even if we assume Pelosi steps down as House Democratic leader after next term, he'll already be 81. Even as geriatric as the House Democratic leadership tends to be, it's kind of hard to make a case that he's the best successor or the fresh blood needed. Especially with the high turnover in the House that's developed of late, and especially if we elect more progressives (like ACO.) There won't be much loyalty to him.

I agree Tim Ryan isn't ideal, but it won't be a coronation for him either. There will definitely be some ambitious House members who want to take a stab at it once Pelosi finally steps down.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #88 on: June 16, 2018, 04:21:31 PM »

So few Democrats even pretend to reach out to progressives that he gets seen as some sort of hero for his pretending.
BBD
Big Bad Don

« Reply #89 on: June 16, 2018, 04:53:32 PM »

Why pretend that Ro Khanna is anything other than a glorified, power-hungry, Silicon Valley hack?
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #90 on: June 16, 2018, 04:53:38 PM »

Why pretend that Ro Khanna is anything other than a glorified, power-hungry, Silicon Valley hack?

I ask that question every time I see him being praised as some sort of progressive hero.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #91 on: June 16, 2018, 07:35:08 PM »

I ask that question every time I see him being praised as some sort of progressive hero.

I mean to be fair the TYT people are all so dumb they allowed a pre-alt right DAVE RUBIN in their clique.
henster
Junior Chimp

« Reply #92 on: June 16, 2018, 08:14:43 PM »

<0.5% people outside of his district even know who Khanna. I don't even know why he's bothering  endorsing anyone and why he thinks it matters.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #93 on: June 16, 2018, 08:16:34 PM »

<0.5% people outside of his district even know who Khanna. I don't even know why he's bothering  endorsing anyone and why he thinks it matters.

I mean, he's no Wulfric, but Khanna's still a Congressman.
Jeppe
Bosse
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -4.00

« Reply #94 on: June 17, 2018, 12:30:28 AM »

Because it gives legitimacy to  a congressional candidate, when they claim an endorsement on a mailer from a sitting congresscritter. There are some other congressmembers that endorse a candidate in basically every single contested primary, like Lois Frankel, and even she basically said that “My endorsement certainly doesn’t matter that much, I’m not Michelle Obama”.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #95 on: June 17, 2018, 12:34:55 AM »

I mean to be fair the TYT people are all so dumb they allowed a pre-alt right DAVE RUBIN in their clique.

And still allow Michael Tracey.
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #96 on: June 17, 2018, 12:54:35 AM »

And he still isn't alt-right, but, please, continue to show your ignorance on a ton of different topics. It is amusing.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #97 on: June 17, 2018, 07:15:33 AM »

And he still isn't alt-right, but, please, continue to show your ignorance on a ton of different topics. It is amusing.
He still said he'd probably vote for Trump in 2020.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #98 on: June 17, 2018, 12:46:11 PM »

If Dave Rubin weren't alt right then he wouldn't be giving all of the hall of fame alt right clowns a bullhorn to espouse their nonsense with.

I know what Rubin says his views are but they're so incoherent it's amusing - because Rubin isn't actually intelligent enough to think beyond step 1 of his own ideology - and it's easier to just conflate him with the alt right because all he does is give them a platform anyways.

But we are straying from the topic of hopefully soon to be unemployed Joe Crowley.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #99 on: June 17, 2018, 04:43:38 PM »

AOC rocked that debate! I just donated to her. Get Crowley out!

Crowley thinks paying lip service to social issues here and there and rebuking Trump is enough to wade the waters, but it is not. He does not represent the interests of this district. I really hope people turn out.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 29  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies