Encore of Europe: Gameplay Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 05:45:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Encore of Europe: Gameplay Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Encore of Europe: Gameplay Thread  (Read 33491 times)
Dereich
YaBB God

« on: June 10, 2018, 11:37:05 AM »

A Declaration on Slavery

Austria and the Empire welcome the new aspirations of Queen Maria. It is surely the goal of all monarchs to, by our own methods, see that our subjects are governed justly and treated with the respect owed to all of children of God. Yet even Queen Maria, despite her otherwise bold statements, calls on others to follow her example, and guarantees to her "citizens" is silent on the greatest injustice of all: slavery.

The institution of slavery is a vile affront to God and our enlightened times. The ownership of other men is unchristian, irrational, and unjust. How can any person discuss "freedoms and rights" for some men while having the absolute power over life and death over others? I am proud that the Empire and my other kingdoms have forbidden slavery for centuries.  I call on other heads of state to follow our lead and show that just treatment must be for all and not just for some.

I would be honored, should other heads of state be willing to attend, to host a congress in Vienna to discuss a quick end to the international slave trade and the eventual end of that institution among Christian states.

Joseph II Hapsburg, Holy Roman Emperor
Dereich
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2018, 12:25:32 PM »

The Holy Roman Empire is also pleased with the Chinese Emperor's recent pronouncement. Count Franz Georg Karl von Metternich-Winneburg will be dispatched as Imperial Plenipotentiary to ensure friendly and open relations with the Chinese Emperor.
Dereich
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2018, 01:34:53 PM »

A Statement on Recent Events in Piedmont

The Imperial government is shocked and alarmed by recent events in Piedmont-Sardinia. The execution of members of the nobility for the crime of being noble is barbaric and against all principles of equality, justice, and Christian morality. That this slaughter is being done under the guise of a "trial" without hope of acquittal or even fair proceedings is an insult to the intelligence of right thinking men everywhere.

From the violent and bloodsoaked days of the birth of this "Catholic Republic" we are forced to conclude that the new Piedmont government will be unsatisfied confining its violence within its own borders. The spread of such mob violence is unacceptable to both Emperor and Empire.

We demand an immediate secession to the slaughter being organized by the Piedmont government. We also demand that this government assures the courts of Europe that it has no intention to spread its toxic influence beyond the borders of Piedmont or to expand those borders.

Should the Piedmont government fail to respond to these demands, they can be assured that they will face swift and decisive action by concerned states across Europe.

Joseph II Hapsburg
Dereich
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2018, 07:16:54 PM »
« Edited: June 20, 2018, 07:24:11 PM by Dereich »

I hereby refer the question of the successor to the Kingdom of Bavaria to the sitting session of the Imperial Diet.

Joseph II Hapsburg
Dereich
YaBB God

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2018, 03:52:42 PM »

I am pleased to announce the engagement of Ferdinand, the King of Rome, to Princess Mary of Great Britain. The whole Empire is eager to await our new Imperial Princess and it is the hope of the Emperor and of all the Hapsburg subjects that this will mark a new page in Imperial relations with Britain. 

Joseph II Hapsburg
Dereich
YaBB God

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2018, 01:07:00 AM »

A Plot Exposed!

It is the dire responsibility of the Austrian government to reveal to the world an insidious plot, masterminded by the Scandinavian and Prussian kings. These kings, driven by a desire to expand and a hatred of Poland's republican government, had created a plan to destroy the Polish government and partition its land to themselves.

These kings, driven incessantly by a desire to extinguish the flame of Polish liberty, have attempted to enlist the governments of the Russian Empire, the Ottoman Empire, and even the House of Hapsburg in their plot. As a longtime friend to Poland, We could react only in shock at the aggressive hatred embedded in these missives, and acted the acquiescent part to gather more details.

We are willing to share with every court of Europe the plot details that we have collected, including statements by the Scandinavian King himself. We would ask the Scandinavian and Prussian kings to state their intentions towards Poland to the Courts of Europe and to explain their shameful conduct to the Polish people.
Dereich
YaBB God

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2018, 02:06:02 PM »
« Edited: June 26, 2018, 04:03:12 PM by Dereich »

On the Bavarian Succession and War in Europe:

Before anything else, I wish to congratulate the Diet for its role in the Bavarian succession. As I expected when I referred the issue, intelligent outside observers have had the chance to hear the facts and came to a reasoned decision after hearing both claimants speak their peace. That this much was done without violence and through debate and reason is itself a matter to celebrate. It is my hope that the Diet will continue to serve in the future as a center for reasoned debate as it has done in this affair.

I also wish to congratulate King Maximilian on his ascension to the throne of Bavaria. The Empress and myself have done our best to raise Maximilian and it is my belief that he will serve as a just and wise ruler to the Bavarian people. However, I strongly believe that support for the claim of King Maximilian need not mean disparaging the person of Elector Charles Theodore. The Elector is an intelligent and well-meaning man, a friend to many within the Empire and is in every way a true Imperial prince.

Charles Theodore's reaction to the Diet's decision is regrettable but fully understandable. He feels that his honor has been slighted and his family have been deprived of their right; few rational men would easily concede on such an issue. However, to understand and sympathize is not to accept his rogue acts. The Imperial Crown will meet Charles Theodore's threat and will subdue him. However, in doing so we do not intend to break the bonds of companionship and brotherhood with the Elector that we hold dear. There will be no punishments delivered to Charles Theodore or his family and we would consider it cruel to force his fellow princes to take up arms against their neighbor, especially in a time of famine.

As for the reaction of my Brother-in-Law, Russian actions were clearly the foreseeable and unfortunate results of the warlike attitudes and paranoia which have swept through Europe for the last few years. One needs only look at Lisbon to see the destruction that this toxic state of affairs has caused. Instead of the great courts of Europe heeding Queen Maria's call to come together in Lisbon as brothers to reach an understanding on war and peace, we see that proud and ancient capital in ruins, victim of multiple unprovoked invasions.

I see no reason for the Bavarian issue to escalate further. The wounds caused by Russia's reaction to events in Bavaria can be healed and made whole without need for further bloodshed. I and all the German people call on the the Emperor of Russia, the King of Prussia, the Ottoman Sultan, and the King of Scandinavia to listen to sense and conscience and pull back from the terrible risk of mass-bloodshed. I renew the call first issued by Queen Maria: that a conference on war and peace be held in the hope that all of the divisions within Christendom might be healed and that we might work in solidarity to confront the challenges and crises that plague all Europe.

Joseph II Hapsburg
Dereich
YaBB God

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2018, 11:42:40 PM »

As I have previously made clear, I am disturbed by the reports out of Piedmont. The "trials" and other violence currently being perpetuated by the agitated mobs should worry every head of state. I have contemplated an appropriate response since the crisis began and have only now, after deep thought and consultation with the Papacy, come to a conclusion.

Isolating and fighting the Piedmont government serves only to exaggerate its darkest tendencies and reinforce the paranoia of its people. It is only by bringing Piedmont into the light of recognition and normal relations that their impulsive and violent attitudes will sober into cool rationality. As a first step towards showing the people of Piedmont that we mean them no harm and would wish only for peaceful co-existence, I can hereby announce an accord with Piedmont that has been approved by His Holiness.

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

X Joseph II Hapsburg
Dereich
YaBB God

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2018, 03:05:19 PM »

As we have previously stated, we are more than willing to discuss peace and some kind of negotiated disposition to resolve issues caused by over-zealous actions of our cousin, the Russian Emperor. However, while we are more than willing to admit that he erred in his timing and execution of his invasion, subsequent events (particularly the declaration of war by Prussia and Scandinavian preparation for war in Finland) have borne out that he was not incorrect in his assessment of the intentions of Prussia and her allies regarding the Bavarian succession.

We are willing to censure the Russian Emperor for the execution of his invasion, but never for the intentions behind those actions. To abandon the Russian Emperor after he chose of his own free will to take initiative to defend King Maximilian's throne while an opposing alliance was being very publicly formed to fight that claim would be a grievous and unacceptable injustice.
Dereich
YaBB God

« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2018, 07:44:49 PM »

VERY ORIGINAL PACT, DO NOT STEAL:

X Joseph II Hapsburg
Dereich
YaBB God

« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2018, 10:22:39 AM »

The King of France once again calls for the ending of the conflicts in Europe.

We view the King of France as a suitable mediator.

As do we, if there is any mediating to be done.
Dereich
YaBB God

« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2018, 01:54:19 PM »

The King of France is pleased to announce the end of the war in Europe.

xLouis XVI
x Gustav III, King of Scandinavia

X Joseph II Hapsburg, Holy Roman Emperor
X Joseph II Hapsburg, as Regent to King Maximilian of Bavaria

I would also like to congratulate the King of France on his splendid diplomatic efforts.
Dereich
YaBB God

« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2018, 04:29:18 PM »

I see nothing untoward with merely attending the proposed meeting in Poland and will do so if circumstances allow.
Dereich
YaBB God

« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2018, 03:28:01 PM »
« Edited: July 21, 2018, 03:33:17 PM by Dereich »

The Vienna Standard

AN ANNOUNCEMENT
On the MURDERS of the IMPERIAL FAMILY and the INVESTIGATION thereof
and other related matters

All Europe now knows of the TRAGEDY that has befallen the Holy Roman Empire. The Emperor Joseph, before withdrawing to mourn with his children, ordered that an INVESTIGATION be commenced and that ALL CHRISTENDOM be kept abreast of the progress of this investigation.

This investigation has BORNE FIRST FRUIT.

It has been confirmed that the assassination of Archbishop Maximilian, the regicide of the Empress and King of Germany, and the attempted regicide of King Maximilian were the result of a SINGLE FOREIGN PLOT. These VILE ASSASSINS, though they did not know each other's purposes, received instructions and succor from the same hand. 

The brave and intuitive investigators lend support to the repeated and almost HYSTERICAL claims of the KING OF FRANCE that he HAD NO PART IN THE ASSASSINATIONS. It seems that the French, for all their perfidy and deviousness, DID NOT TRY TO MURDER ROYAL WOMEN AND CHILDREN.

It now seems CERTAIN that the MURDEROUS PUPPETMASTER was THE KINGDOM OF PRUSSIA, THE REPUBLIC OF POLAND, OR THE FRENZIED SARDINIAN REPUBLIC. That agents representing these three states STALKED THE EMPIRE at the time of the murders and that each was positioned to take advantage of the assassinations IS KNOWN. The heads of these states have many questions to answer if they do not wish to be branded REGICIDES.

A CLUE HAS ALSO BEEN DISCOVERED. It is now understood the MOST DEVILISH EXTRACT, OPIUM, was a KEY PART of the assassin's tools. It seems clear to investigators that the ASSASSIN'S OPIUM is from the same source that has been plaguing the EAST INDIES. It would seem that our culprit is not only a MURDERER, but a DRUG PEDDLER as well. The assistance of the Kingdom of the Netherlands and the Ottoman Empire has been requested so as to find the source of the opium.

A REWARD of TWO HUNDRED POUNDS OF SILVER AND ENNOBLEMENT is offered to any individual who provides information leading to the discovery of the mastermind.

Further details will be published when known...

Due to the requirements of the investigation and current issues around papal investiture, the Archbishopric of Cologne and its associated territories are placed under the administration of the IMPERIAL DIET until the investigation of the ARCHBISHOP MAXIMILIAN's ASSASSIN is concluded and a suitable bishop who will not INFLAME THE PASSIONS of the Empire has been selected.

That great composer, WOLFGANG AMADEUS MOZART, has been commissioned to create A REQUIEM TO THE DECEASED EMPRESS AND KING OF GERMANY, so as to mark their passing and preserve the memory of their lives.
Dereich
YaBB God

« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2018, 04:12:43 PM »

The Vienna Standard

AN UPDATE
On the REGICIDE INVESTIGATION which nears a conclusion

Since the publication of the first announcement, the Republic of Poland has been open and forthright with the investigation. The Republic is now no longer considered a likely suspect. Avid investigation has also revealed that the assassins WERE NOT Savonarola Brigade Terrorists.

It can now be reported that through the work of multiple independent investigations the producer of the ASSASSIN'S OPIUM is found. The opium, used to hide the killer's true name and purpose, was grown in the distant DURRANI KINGDOM. It is also all but confirmed that the opium was refined and sold in the city of KARACHI. Avid readers of the Standard will know that the KINGDOM OF PRUSSIA recently came into possession of the city of Karachi. As the investigation closes in on the truth, the Prussians look more and more like they are up to their old, bloody tricks. 

The investigation enters its final phase...
Dereich
YaBB God

« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2018, 08:47:43 PM »

Joseph II Hapsburg
Dereich
YaBB God

« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2018, 05:10:39 AM »

A Message Concerning the Investigation to the
King of Prussia

In the course of investigating the murders of the Empress, the King of Rome, and Archbishop Maximilian, serious and troubling evidence has pointed to the involvement of the Prussian government. Now, in Karachi, investigators into the regicide have uncovered uncontroverted proof that Prussia was the manufacturer of the opium used by the assassins as well as yet-unconfirmed reports directly claiming to be assassination orders from the Prussian King. These new findings, when taken with the previously disclosed information, leaves no other serious suspects outside the Kingdom of Prussia.

While the Imperial investigation has enjoyed the mostly un-requested support and cooperation of nearly every civilized government throughout its course, no support from Prussia has been forthcoming. Due to the nature of the allegations and the now uncovered evidence, the Emperor now demands this cooperation. Specifically, the Imperial Government demands of the King of Prussia the following:

1. That He present the persons or whereabouts of several dozen suspected persons of interest in the investigation last known to be acting in the interests of the Prussian government.

2. That He allow the interrogation of said persons of interest by Imperial investigators without outside interference.

3. That He allow full and unimpeded access to Imperial investigators throughout the Kingdom of Prussia during the course of the investigation.

4. That He make explanations to the Imperial Government concerning the unjustifiable utterances and requests of high Prussian functionaries within the Holy Roman Empire immediately following the attacks and detail how said functionaries will be reprimanded for their actions.

5. That He remove from Prussian service all known diplomats, officers, and other functionaries who have been guilty of attempting to undermine the Emperor and the Holy Roman Empire, whose names the Imperial Government reserves the right to make known to the Prussian government and to cooperate with the Imperial government in seeing all such attempts to undermine the Empire ceased.

6. That He immediately present to the Imperial Government such functionaries and documents known to be involved in the sale and trade of opium, both in the East Indies and in Prussia proper.

The Imperial Government awaits an agreement to these terms in full by the Prussian Government within 10 days.
Dereich
YaBB God

« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2018, 06:50:31 PM »

The king of France is pleased to announce that himself, the Holy Roman Emperor, the King of Spain and the King of Naples have agreed to sign this treaty putting an end to the war in Italy.

xKingLouisXVI

X Charles IV

X Joseph II Hapsburg
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies