Was LimoLiberal completely and utterly discredited last night?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 05, 2024, 09:09:07 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Was LimoLiberal completely and utterly discredited last night?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Was LimoLiberal completely and utterly discredited last night?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 43

Author Topic: Was LimoLiberal completely and utterly discredited last night?  (Read 3312 times)
Kwal
Rookie
Marshall Islands

Political Matrix
E: -3.94, S: -6.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2018, 04:08:34 PM »

I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2018, 07:14:10 PM »

BRTD, why do you care so much about owning people who are blatantly trolls?

Because a surprisingly high number of people do take him seriously.
Lexii, harbinger of chaos and sexual anarchy
Alex
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2018, 07:25:03 PM »

Who? Other than you, I mean
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2018, 09:08:00 PM »

Bagel23 is basically chiming in to agree with everything he posts.
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 9.53, S: 10.54

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2018, 09:15:43 PM »

In other news, it seems that BRTD is LL's most effective enabler, given that he is so assiduous in giving the guy the attention he so desperately craves. LL must be just so hot and bothered about this thread. LL thanks you BRTD.

You want attention on Atlas? Just make crazed predictions (as a lagniappe make sure that BRTD is aware of them)! You want to be put on ignore on Atlas? Don't make any predictions at all! And there you have it.

So the mods know that he's is an attention seeking troll. He himself admitted he is an attention seeking troll. And the response from the mod team is...criticize users for giving attention to the attention seeking troll?

Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2018, 09:20:16 PM »

Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2018, 09:22:26 PM »

AtorBoltox

« Reply #32 on: June 07, 2018, 10:50:50 PM »

In other news, it seems that BRTD is LL's most effective enabler, given that he is so assiduous in giving the guy the attention he so desperately craves. LL must be just so hot and bothered about this thread. LL thanks you BRTD.

You want attention on Atlas? Just make crazed predictions (as a lagniappe make sure that BRTD is aware of them)! You want to be put on ignore on Atlas? Don't make any predictions at all! And there you have it.

So the mods know that he's is an attention seeking troll. He himself admitted he is an attention seeking troll. And the response from the mod team is...criticize users for giving attention to the attention seeking troll?

Yes?
Have you heard of this thing called moderation? When someone is a known troll, breaking the rules, they get banned. Pretty cool, huh?
morgieb
Junior Chimp
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -8.70

« Reply #33 on: June 08, 2018, 04:12:09 AM »

Bagel23 is basically chiming in to agree with everything he posts.
A troll agreeing with a troll. Colour me shocked.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #34 on: June 08, 2018, 04:41:57 AM »

really?

yo BRTD i predict that the Republicans have over 380 seats in the House after the midterms

Oh yeah? I predict over 435.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #35 on: June 08, 2018, 05:17:51 AM »

Attorney General & Senator Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #36 on: June 08, 2018, 12:10:44 PM »

Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #37 on: June 08, 2018, 03:20:40 PM »

Yes?

Because banning for being an obvious troll and sock causes pearl clutching galore in the mod cave.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #38 on: June 08, 2018, 11:21:36 PM »

Projecting much?
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #39 on: June 10, 2018, 05:03:55 AM »

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=293824.0

Lots of people absolutely f[inks]ing love the guy. The way krazen and jfern are also beloved posters to many here.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #40 on: June 10, 2018, 09:37:21 AM »

Lots of people absolutely f[inks]ing love the guy.

Wait, you think the fact that several posters say they'd much rather have Limo here than you means that they love him?  Because I can think of an alternative explanation....
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #41 on: June 10, 2018, 09:48:24 AM »

Lots of people absolutely f[inks]ing love the guy.

Wait, you think the fact that several posters say they'd much rather have Limo here than you means that they love him?  Because I can think of an alternative explanation....

As a poster who has been here since Genesis, do you ever recall BRTD changing his mind about something based on a conversation on Atlas? BRTD seems to think that because someone disagrees about punishing a poster in the way that BRTD wants a poster punished, that must mean that the motive is animated by love, admiration or the like.
💥💥 brandon bro (he/him/his)
peenie_weenie
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #42 on: June 10, 2018, 10:57:16 AM »

Lots of people absolutely f[inks]ing love the guy. The way krazen and jfern are also beloved posters to many here.

Who, me?

No, I'm not huge on LimoLiberal, but I can't stand you. You are a detestable, pathetic little narcissist who (as this post further demonstrates) tries to bully other users you disagree with and/or try to validate your inconsequential opinions with dumb and passive-aggressive "opinion of" polls which clog up space on the board.

When I first signed up here and saw people bullying you I felt bad for you because I hate seeing people get bullied. But as time has gone on your personality has made itself clear and visible and I've done a 180 to thinking that you are the one responsible for bringing all of this negative attention to yourself. Of course even in my short time here I understand your personality well enough to know that this post is going to go miles over your head, you're going to respond with something that shows that you don't get it, and in a few weeks you're going to make an "opinion of peenie_weenie" thread where you say in OP "Thinks LimoLiberal is a great poster, HP".
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #43 on: June 10, 2018, 06:19:37 PM »

Of course, he didn't have much credit to begin with.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #44 on: June 11, 2018, 11:28:56 AM »

Who, me?

No, I'm not huge on LimoLiberal, but I can't stand you. You are a detestable, pathetic little narcissist who (as this post further demonstrates) tries to bully other users you disagree with and/or try to validate your inconsequential opinions with dumb and passive-aggressive "opinion of" polls which clog up space on the board.

When I first signed up here and saw people bullying you I felt bad for you because I hate seeing people get bullied. But as time has gone on your personality has made itself clear and visible and I've done a 180 to thinking that you are the one responsible for bringing all of this negative attention to yourself. Of course even in my short time here I understand your personality well enough to know that this post is going to go miles over your head, you're going to respond with something that shows that you don't get it, and in a few weeks you're going to make an "opinion of peenie_weenie" thread where you say in OP "Thinks LimoLiberal is a great poster, HP".

First of all, if you think I really care or am particularly bothered by the "bullying" against me you're quite mistaken. I would've left a long time ago if that was the case.

There's a reason why posters like LimoLiberal draw such ire. Political analysis is something that there's loads and loads of just awful junk about, most of it in fact. The mainstream media is full of laughworthy #analysis and idiotic pundits who don't know what they're talking about. I would hope that on forums like this, where people tend to be more savvy, we can be free of that crap. That's not to say that I don't expect it to be free of annoying hacks, but at least we don't have people citing obviously terrible pundits as authoritative sources for awful predictions. The problem is that despite that, people still degrade the quality here with their own amateur junk, often just based on personal biases. There were people here that were actually predicting that those nasty revelations would Roy Moore would actually INCREASE his margin of victory. Were they right? No. Was there any reason to believe that? No, it was clearly just based on "HAR HAR STUPID ALABAMA REDNECKS". Did that provide a positive contribution? No. I'm reminded of hearing about how while saying things like "The Cubs will obviously not win the World Series because look at how long they haven't" might be OK in the mainstream, if you said stuff like that on fantasy sports and very statistical oriented sports forums you'd probably be banned, because they don't tolerate anything not based on scientific analysis and junk like that.

LimoLiberal is even worse than most mainstream pundits. Virtually nothing he posts has any scientific basis or validity, and is usually just knee-jerk "pessimism" (assuming that he's actually a Democrat) and he commits various academic sins such as cherry picking data or intentionally misrepresenting polls to prove his narrative. From a scientific perspective, his contributions are absolutely worthless. But they're not just bad, they're obviously intended to irritate and degrade the quality of discussion. That's why he's not just some white noise poster who contributes nothing of value but is easy to ignore because his effects are still seen (even if you have him on ignore.) The prediction I mocked him for in this thread is a textbook example.

This is of course not even getting into the fact that he's almost certainly a troll persona who doesn't even believe the sh!t he says and is just trying to rile people up.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #45 on: June 11, 2018, 01:21:00 PM »

Honestly Limo is like Trump. The best way to stop him from spamming threads is to give a specific detailed response to why his garbage posting is garbage or the emotional knee jerk reaction he wants
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies