The Scramble: A 2015 UK General Election Game (Sign up, Commentary, etc)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 10:15:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  The Scramble: A 2015 UK General Election Game (Sign up, Commentary, etc)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Author Topic: The Scramble: A 2015 UK General Election Game (Sign up, Commentary, etc)  (Read 8778 times)
_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.29, S: -7.74

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2018, 04:54:08 PM »

Hey is it ok that I be Jo Swinson instead?

Did you even bother reading what Surrogates are available for the LibDems?  In the Gameplay Thread?
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2018, 04:58:35 PM »

Hey is it ok that I be Jo Swinson instead?

Did you even bother reading what Surrogates are available for the LibDems?  In the Gameplay Thread?

Oh ok my bad
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2018, 07:24:18 PM »

yesh
ASPN
Dr_Novella

« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2018, 09:26:54 PM »

I was gonna ask for SNP. But since that taken, I wouldn't mind playing Alex Salmond if Phil be okay with that. Otherwise I might take Labor.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2018, 09:28:42 PM »

I was gonna ask for SNP. But since that taken, I wouldn't mind playing Alex Salmond if Phil be okay with that. Otherwise I might take Labor.
You can be Salmond if you wish.
ASPN
Dr_Novella

« Reply #30 on: June 01, 2018, 09:41:01 PM »

You can be Salmond if you wish.

Sounds good
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #31 on: June 01, 2018, 10:40:53 PM »

Can I take Cammy and everyones favorite Tories
_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #32 on: June 01, 2018, 10:51:32 PM »

I for the record really don't think it's a good idea to let someone who seems like a troll into this game based on his post history and how he doesn't seem to have taken Election Games seriously.   

Oh and in addition there's this: 
Which seems Anti-Semetic
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #33 on: June 01, 2018, 11:05:37 PM »

It was a Confederate Presidental Election game :/ I wasn't being antisemetic I was pointing something out.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #34 on: June 01, 2018, 11:16:50 PM »

It was a Confederate Presidental Election game :/ I wasn't being antisemetic I was pointing something out.

Uh huh... So "we're losing to a black" or "we're losing to a gay" are just fun observations. The connotations behind what you are saying distinguish the trait of, in this case, being Jewish as something  to be shocked about. Now, I can understand if you had said: "Wow, a Jewish Candidate winning in the Confederate South - surprising!" But that's not what you said. You made an attempt to devalue that person based on their religious heritage and not who they are as an individual.
adamevans
United States

« Reply #35 on: June 01, 2018, 11:27:14 PM »

Uh huh... So "we're losing to a black" or "we're losing to a gay" are just fun observations. The connotations behind what you are saying distinguish the trait of, in this case, being Jewish as something  to be shocked about. Now, I can understand if you had said: "Wow, a Jewish Candidate winning in the Confederate South - surprising!" But that's not what you said. You made an attempt to devalue that person based on their religious heritage and not who they are as an individual.

Hate to jump in, but you're taking this waaay out of context. Stop jumping on my boy Jackson.
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #36 on: June 01, 2018, 11:27:46 PM »

It was a jewish man (Judah P. Benjamin) who was Secretary of State for the CSA and I was not devaluing him, I was making a joke which I can now see was taken wrongly. I shouldn't have made the joke I understand, I realize y'all can't know this, but I am myself Ashkenazi Jewish (ethnically) and I have no problem with anyone of any faith except Pastafarians Wink . Seriously though I will be an adult here if we can all agree just to leave what is done as done and in the past Smiley.
_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #37 on: June 01, 2018, 11:48:28 PM »

Well, even if we're going to consider that "just a joke" there's still your entire post history of trolling election games.

This being the most recent, trying to "play" a nation that clearly didn't exist at this time

Trying to join as a clear joke candidate (even if I like Vermin Supreme)

Trying to join a primary when it's already Super Tuesday

Can I get Mondale Quayle Bob Dole Dick Cheney or Al Gore  as an Indy?

Completely throwing out realism for this one

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=284802.msg6062694#msg6062694
"Can I have the Monarchy of Detroit"

Trying to join as an unlisted nation

I really could go on but it seems obvious this person is a troll and shouldn't be allowed in the game, ESPECIALLY not as one of the major parties.
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #38 on: June 01, 2018, 11:59:46 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

The game begins in the late 17th Century, San Marino was founded away from the Roman Empire in 301 AD. It became a Republic on October the 8th 1600 I'm pretty sure it exists in the time period this game takes place.

Ok I will give you this one.

In the 1968 Democratic primary Hubert Humphrey the eventual Democratic Nominee did not begin seeking the Presidency until March the 31st 1968. That is nearly a whole month before I proposed joining as Governor Palin.

I wanted a candidate who I thought could make inroads and have a chance in November.

"Can I have the Monarchy of Detroit."

This is an inside joke between myself and a few other forum users.
adamevans
United States

« Reply #39 on: June 02, 2018, 01:07:54 AM »

Well, even if we're going to consider that "just a joke" there's still your entire post history of trolling election games.

This being the most recent, trying to "play" a nation that clearly didn't exist at this time

I really could go on but it seems obvious this person is a troll and shouldn't be allowed in the game, ESPECIALLY not as one of the major parties.

Your reason for not letting him join is:
1. Registering as a legit nation in a history game
2. Registering too late
3. Registering as a joke candidate
4. Registering as a candidate you deem "unrealistic"

Either you have a bias for this guy or you have a stick up your ass. I don't mean to be rude, but, damn, really?
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #40 on: June 02, 2018, 01:30:37 AM »

It was a jewish man (Judah P. Benjamin) who was Secretary of State for the CSA and I was not devaluing him, I was making a joke which I can now see was taken wrongly. I shouldn't have made the joke I understand, I realize y'all can't know this, but I am myself Ashkenazi Jewish (ethnically) and I have no problem with anyone of any faith except Pastafarians Wink . Seriously though I will be an adult here if we can all agree just to leave what is done as done and in the past Smiley.

That's all fine and good. I just don't get the humorous part of saying "we're losing to a jew Sad". I would advise that when we are on here, a lot of our "jokes" can be misconstrued easily. While I feel my interpretation was an accurate depiction of your "joke", I just want to forewarn you that without tone and emotion, humor cannot be easily deciphered.

Hate to jump in, but you're taking this waaay out of context. Stop jumping on my boy Jackson.

Hmm. You are playing a Confederate Election simulation, right? The Candidate leading (Judah Benjamin) happened to be Jewish. JH said that, as he states a joke, "we're losing to a jew". In the context of an election game and in the South, where Jewish Candidates are not as prevalent? I believe I understand the context, but if there's an additional info you'd like to share - love to hear it. (not being sarcastic, as we talked about above, tone/mood cannot be shown through this stuff).
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #41 on: June 02, 2018, 01:41:05 AM »

Never, I am gonna take this into PM's so we dont clog up Blair's game.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #42 on: June 02, 2018, 01:09:09 PM »

Your reason for not letting him join is:
1. Registering as a legit nation in a history game
2. Registering too late
3. Registering as a joke candidate
4. Registering as a candidate you deem "unrealistic"

Either you have a bias for this guy or you have a stick up your ass. I don't mean to be rude, but, damn, really?
Take it from me, this forum's leading reactionary after Santander - this Jackson guy is a one trick troll. I don't think posters who don't have extensive history with these games, or worse, have extensive histories of dropping out early like I do, should be allowed to play as a major party or candidate.

I mean, does anyone remember the game where NewYorkExpress played Hillary Clinton and loaded each post with oversized stock images of rally locations and campaign updates like "Senator Clinton attends a viewing of "Swing Vote" to demonstrate the importance of every vote being counted" like three times a week? Does anyone want that?

I also think that using fictional characters is dumb, for that matter. That is another annoying trend I've seen in some of these games that fortunately won't be the case here.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #43 on: June 02, 2018, 02:49:45 PM »

As much as I hate doing this I wouldn't feel comfortable with JasonHitchcock taking a role in the game; the entirety of his posts seem focused around rather low quality posts into the game board.

The fact that he's already posted about 6 times, and managed to create a minor controversy within 24 hours of the game launching makes me very uncertain that any good would come from him taking part.

I want the game to be fun/enjoyable/as accessible as possible but equally I feel that a line has to be drawn somewhere.
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #44 on: June 02, 2018, 03:41:46 PM »

Im gonna go commit supuku
_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #45 on: June 02, 2018, 03:59:09 PM »

So moving on, we need Labour and Cameron (Tories) right?  Since we already have UKIP (Lumine), SNP (Tim and ASPN), LibDems (NeverAgain and Jaguar), Greens (wxtransit), and even RESPECT (Sanchez).
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #46 on: June 02, 2018, 04:27:26 PM »

So moving on, we need Labour and Cameron (Tories) right?  Since we already have UKIP (Lumine), SNP (Tim and ASPN), LibDems (NeverAgain and Jaguar), Greens (wxtransit), and even RESPECT (Sanchez).

Correct; in Lumine's last game the two main parties were the last ones to get players so I'm hopeful we'll find someone
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #47 on: June 02, 2018, 04:38:44 PM »

Alternatively, you could restrict small parties to a single player until the big ones are filled. Without wanting to be intrusive to the SNP and Lib Dem players, it makes more sense to keep those at 1 player until there are Conservative and Labour players.
_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #48 on: June 02, 2018, 04:39:43 PM »

I believe he's on a LOA of sorts, but didn't Truman say he'd be interested in this Game?  Could we see if he'd be willing to play Labour or Cameron?
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #49 on: June 02, 2018, 06:24:28 PM »

ill be labour surrogate
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies