Progressive Union Party Convention June 2018 (Concluded)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 10:22:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Progressive Union Party Convention June 2018 (Concluded)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: Progressive Union Party Convention June 2018 (Concluded)  (Read 4417 times)
Pericles
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: June 04, 2018, 09:10:02 PM »

Minneapolis.
JGibson
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.00, S: -6.50

« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2018, 09:51:30 PM »

St. Louis, MO
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.00, S: -7.91

« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2018, 06:33:20 AM »

I would ask that these nominations be withheld until the end, I'm technically not even allowed to do that, I'm just bringing that up.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2018, 05:03:25 PM »

requesting a fed endorsement in the house race.

My big three are as following
-Infrastructure
-Jobs
-eliminating useless rules and resolutions

I have an infrastructure plan on hand if anyone would like to see it.
Esteemed Jimmy
Jimmy7812
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: 2.47, S: -1.05

« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2018, 05:10:21 PM »

Alright I'll respond to the Foreign Policy section, because I'm rather amused by Jimmy's answer.

You seem to be flipping back and forth on this, which is it Jimmy?

Second, I'll respond to the speech of me supporting escalation.  I supported escalation when our allies, Japan, South Korea, and the PRK were all threatened, and even then I didn't support sending in ground troops, just air support.  But since the situation has escalated since then and the President has chosen to send in ground troops, I've backed that in order to help our Allies.

So to conclude on this, I've been consistent, and despite being generally non-interventionist I, like many others in Atlasia, including Ninja, want to stay committed to helping our allies when they're endangered.  Jimmy however, seems to be having a bit of trouble with staying consistent and has went from supporting "Full military force" in Korea to now attacking me for wanting to help our Allies, and apparently wanting to abandon our commitment to aiding them.   

I, and I assume many others, want a straight, consistent answer on this issue from a Senator (Or candidate for Senator), and would love to hear Jimmy explain this one.

When I said “I only support military action on countries that directly threaten Atlasia”, I misspoke and made my position on military intervention unclear. My official platform I’m running on includes Atlasia intervening “if the actions of a foreign country directly threaten harm against us or our allies”.

//Foreign Policy
This crisis involving China and North Korea can be solved by using full military force and putting maximum pressure on China diplomatically, making it clear they can surrender and agree to a peace agreement at anytime for an immediate end to the fighting … Militarily intervention should be used only when necessary. The only time we should intervene if we are attacked, or if the actions of a foreign country directly threaten harm against us or our allies.

What I don’t support is escalating the conflicts we help our allies with, such as deciding to invade North Korea.

In the debate, I said “This crisis can be solved by using full military force and putting maximum pressure on China diplomatically, making it clear they can surrender and agree to a peace agreement at anytime for an immediate end to the fighting.”

This is still my position. I would like to find a way to end the war diplomatically with China to find a peace agreement. This includes giving aid to modernize North Korea if they surrender. While doing this, I support using our military to continue protecting South Korea, instead of focusing on invading North Korea. Full military force doesn’t mean invading and taking over north Korea, but using as much force as needed to prevent North Korea from being able to invade South Korea. Only when a peace agreement is reached and agreed to will we start withdrawing our troops.
Southern Delegate matthew27
matthew27
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -1.22

« Reply #30 on: June 05, 2018, 05:42:10 PM »

I request the Progressive Union party endorsement and support for my Run for house of commons for Fremont. I won't be putting balancing the budget above helping the needy and advancing progressive ideas. And I sure as hell won't be pushing for Charter schools to weaken our public ones that serve 90% of our children...

Thank you.

_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.29, S: -7.74

« Reply #31 on: June 05, 2018, 05:43:32 PM »
« Edited: June 05, 2018, 05:48:12 PM by Not Senator Not Madigan »

Alright, I'll believe you on "misspeaking" on your official foreign polcy plank then, yet you still seem to be forgetting the People's Republic of Korea, our Democratic ally and the real government of North Korea that is supposed to control North Korea. 

You don't seem to understand that the PRK is one of our Allies, as well as South Korea and Japan, and that we aren't "invading North Korea", but helping the PRK, South Korea, and Japan reclaim the PRK's rightful territory and stopping the Chinese from restoring the authoritarian regime that existed and oppressed the people of North Korea for decades.  You don't seem to have an understanding of the situation and what nations actually exist here, especially with the following:  "This includes giving aid to modernize North Korea if they surrender."  North Korea is split between a puppet state of the Chinese, and the rightful Democratic government of the PRK, and the PRK is trying to reclaim it's rightful territory in this war.  What you're calling for now, if I'm interpreting it correctly , is for Atlasian troops to fall back to the South Korean border and abandon the front currently held by allied troops, Including Canadian, French, British, German, Japanese, South Korean, and PRK troops.

Now to conclude this, I agree with you that we should pursue a diplomatic solution to this crisis, but Atlasia must ensure that North Korea is under the control of it's rightful Democratic government, and our Ally, the People's Republic of Korea. 

Jimmy, in my view you've failed to have a consistent position on this crisis, and fail to have a full understanding of events in Korea, as you're proposing we abandon our ally militarily, an ally you seem to have completely ignored.  Atlasia and Lincoln cannot afford to have a Senator with a partial understanding of the issues at hand, especially in regards to foreign policy. 

I'd like to thank the Progressive Union Party for their time here, and hope you will endorse the candidate with experience, an understanding of the issues at hand, and one who has been consistent in their positions. May Dave bless Lincoln, Atlasia, and the Progressive Union Party.
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #32 on: June 05, 2018, 06:57:11 PM »

Following the vote, Mike Wells has been elected chair.
P. Clodius Pulcher did nothing wrong
razze
Junior Chimp
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -4.96

« Reply #33 on: June 05, 2018, 10:08:03 PM »

I'm asking the Progressive Union Party for the honor of endorsing me to represent the South in the Senate. While I know this is an uphill battle, I feel it's important to have progressive voices competing all across Atlasia, and I think I can represent progressives and liberals across the Southern Region. I humbly ask for your endorsement! Thanks
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #34 on: June 09, 2018, 03:03:24 PM »

Since I somehow haven't done this yet, requesting the endorsement of PUP for F-SEN.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #35 on: June 10, 2018, 01:17:34 AM »

The Right Thing to Do,
An address to the Progressive Union Convention

Ladies and gentlemen,

May all of you have a great day, and a productive party convention.

It may seem curious to some of you to see my decision to address this convention, even if perhaps this party may not be able to endorse me depending on the by-laws.

To me it is the right thing to do, to reach out to people to encourage them to support an active, accomplished and determined alternative on this race. I come today to speak on behalf of myself and Siren and to do without attempting to be something that I am not. I come here today because even though we may not agree on everything I believe we do agree on that fact that things have got to change in Atlasia. I believe we agree that this nation and this game needs to change the course, and avoid doing things as usual after months of a very dull dominance. I believe that even when you disagree with some of what my platform outlines, by reading it you will find yourselves agreeing with more than you probably expected.

Whether it is the worrying situation of poverty and the lack of social mobility on this country, whether it is the dangerous risks posed to the environment by the lack of conscience by past generations, whether it is the necessity to reform our institutions of government to better serve the people, whether it is the importance of maintaining ethics in politics and greater oversight of our institutions, whether it is in the support for innovation, technological development and the dream of reaching far and wide towards the stars, there are things we can agree on.

I’m also speaking to you today because having received some criticisms by a presidential candidate from this party I believe I should voice my own concerns. Now, I do not come here to speak ill of Ninja on personal terms, or in a demeaning manner. And do believe me when I say that I respect Representative Ninja as an individual and as an officeholder, with the potential to become an experienced Atlasian if given time, and whose right to run for President I fully respect. That is not to say, however, I should refrain from respectfully pointing out that the Presidency is a very tough, demanding and exhausting job. I should know, having held the job the longest out of the three main candidates.

It requires a distinct set of skills, experience, dynamism and willpower to get things done and enact a positive change for Atlasia. Even though I had at least two years of active experience in the game perhaps I wasn’t as ready as I wanted to be when I became President, but time and personal growth has allowed me to learn from my mistakes, and proud as I am of my time as President of Atlasia I believe I can do things even better this time, particularly with a running mate of the caliber and qualities of Siren by my side. Without disrespecting a fundamentally decent person like Ninja, I’d be remiss not to point out that being in office for three months and in Atlasia for six is just not enough experience to serve as President. And I’d be remiss not to point out that when running for the highest office in the land one should be an active candidate with an active vision, and not mostly inactive on the campaign trail.

If we want to get things done, if we want to change the direction of the nation and the game, and escape from what could be a dull, uninspiring future we need leadership. We need a White House unafraid to do the right thing regardless of the polls, willing to engage with the public and inspire them to do more for the nation, prepared to govern actively and decisively and not based on a litmus test of who better fits a determined political label. I believe myself and Siren best represent that alternative. And you may agree on everything we have to say, or everything we want to do from the White House. But don’t doubt for a second, ladies and gentlemen, don’t doubt for a second that we want to change the direction of this game and country into a more dynamic, positive and ethical future.

It is up to you and you alone whether that suffices to warrant your support or your preference on this competitive, decisive presidential election.

As for me, I’m grateful for having the opportunity to speak to you today, and I’d be even more grateful if people can survive reading yet another of those overtly long speeches I enjoy writing.

Thank you.
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #36 on: June 10, 2018, 05:22:36 PM »

Good Afternoon esteemed members of the PUP, I am glad to be back amongst my former party members and among those I still hold many close ties to. I apologize for Yankee's absence today but I assure you the rumor that he is allergic to progressives is in fact just a rumor! (he is working right now Tongue) My Friends, we request the second preference of this party for the Yankee/dfw ticket as we recognize that you will of course endorse the ticket of Ninja/AZ which I indeed hold in esteem as well and am in hope that if they do not make it across the finish line this time that they try again after gaining some more experience. When I was President and when North Carolina Yankee was Speaker of the House at the same time, we, along with the esteemed member of the Fremont Parliament, Scott, and Vice President PiT, helped to craft Atlascare, an ambitious healthcare bill that provided healthcare to many low income and indeed also middle class Atlasians across this great country. However, we recognize that more needs to be done on the healthcare front, on the education front, and in environmental terms. My friends, our journey is not over, with a left leaning voice in the Vice Presidency that can help pass key measures via tiebreaker or in any other cases (such as just using the bully pulpit) and help advance the beliefs that PUP and I both share. Not only this, North Carolina Yankee has a history of advancing progressive favored measures such as passing Glass-Steagall via his own sweat and blood, the previously mentioned Atlascare, and many other examples of this can be found via Yankee's own history textbook (aka pm him for more examples I was not around before Summer 2016 Tongue ). The time is now my friends to ensure that a voice that will truly listen to you is in the Vice Presidency if the Ninja/AZ ticket is not able to cross the finish line, I hope you will strongly consider endorsing us for 2nd preference and 2nd preferencing us in 2 weeks as well!
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #37 on: June 15, 2018, 12:16:29 PM »

Alright, let's get endorsements out of the way. 48 hours to vote.

For President and Vice President: Ninja0428 and 1184AZ are endorsed.
For President 2nd Preference:
[ ] NCYankee/Dfwlibertylover
[ ] Lumine/Siren
[ ] None of the Above
For Fremont Senate:
[ ] Sestak
[ ] None of the Above
For Lincoln Senate-Should We Hold a Ballot?
[ ] Yes
[ ] No
For House: Weatherboy1102 and Pericles are endorsed.

3 to endorse:
[ ] Peebs
[ ] Razze
[ ] OneJ
[ ] Vern1988
[ ] Leinad
[ ] Fhtagn
[ ] Computer89
[ ] PolitcalMasta73
[ ] Lechasseur
[ ] None of the Above

For Lincoln Governor: Clyde1998 is endorsed.
For Lincoln Assembly: MB and JGibson are endorsed.
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #38 on: June 15, 2018, 12:18:26 PM »

[X] Lumine/Siren
[ ] None of the Above
For Fremont Senate:
[X] Sestak
[ ] None of the Above
[X] Yes
[ ] No

3 to endorse:
[2] Peebs
[3] Razze
[1] OneJ
[ ] Vern1988
[ ] Leinad
[ ] Fhtagn
[ ] Computer89
[ ] PolitcalMasta73
[ ] Lechasseur
[ ] None of the Above

Pragmatic Conservative
1184AZ
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 3.00, S: -0.41

« Reply #39 on: June 15, 2018, 01:02:22 PM »

[1 ] Lumine/Siren
[ ] None of the Above
For Fremont Senate:
[1 ] Sestak
[ ] None of the Above
[1 ] Yes
[ ] No

3 to endorse:
[ 3] Peebs
[ 2] Razze
[1 ] OneJ
[ ] Vern1988
[ ] Leinad
[ ] Fhtagn
[ ] Computer89
[ ] PolitcalMasta73
[ ] Lechasseur
[ ] None of the Above

Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #40 on: June 15, 2018, 03:45:07 PM »
« Edited: June 15, 2018, 07:41:26 PM by Pericles »

[ X] Lumine/Siren
[ ] None of the Above
For Fremont Senate:
[ 1] Sestak
[ ] None of the Above
[ ] Yes
[X ] No

3 to endorse:
[ 3] Peebs
[ 2] Razze
[ 1] OneJ
[ ] Vern1988
[ ] Leinad
[ ] Fhtagn
[ ] Computer89
[ ] PolitcalMasta73
[ ] Lechasseur
[ ] None of the Above

Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #41 on: June 15, 2018, 06:44:55 PM »

[ x ] NCYankee/Dfwlibertylover
[ ] Lumine/Siren
[ ] None of the Above
For Fremont Senate:
[ x ] Sestak
[ ] None of the Above
[ x ] Yes
[ ] No

3 to endorse:
[ x ] Peebs
[ x ] Razze
[ x ] OneJ
[ ] Vern1988
[ ] Leinad
[ ] Fhtagn
[ ] Computer89
[ ] PolitcalMasta73
[ ] Lechasseur
[ ] None of the Above

Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 9.53, S: 10.54

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #42 on: June 15, 2018, 07:05:09 PM »

Why am I not auto endorsed for the party I created?

You don't have to vote for me, but it'd be pretty rude to snub me.

[ ] Lumine/Siren
[ ] None of the Above
For Fremont Senate:
[ ] Sestak
[ ] None of the Above
[ ] Yes
[X] No

3 to endorse:
[ ] Peebs
[ ] Razze
[3] OneJ
[ ] Vern1988
[ ] Leinad
[ ] Fhtagn
[ ] Computer89
[ ] PolitcalMasta73
[ ] Lechasseur
[ ] None of the Above
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #43 on: June 15, 2018, 10:37:50 PM »

President 2nd - Yankee/Siren
Lincoln Senate - DTC (that means no)
House - the Peace candidates after pup
JGibson
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.00, S: -6.50

« Reply #44 on: June 16, 2018, 12:31:13 AM »

[ x ] Lumine/Siren
[ ] None of the Above

For Fremont Senate:
[ x ] Sestak
[ ] None of the Above

[ x ] Yes
[ ] No

3 to endorse:
[1] Peebs
[3] Razze
[2] OneJ
[ ] Vern1988
[ ] Leinad
[ ] Fhtagn
[ ] Computer89
[ ] PolitcalMasta73
[ ] Lechasseur
[ ] None of the Above

Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #45 on: June 17, 2018, 03:19:44 PM »

For President (Second Preference)
Lumine: 4
Yankee: 1
Yankee/Siren? 1
No endorsement: 1
Lumine and Siren are endorsed.
For Fremont Senate:
Sestak: 4
No Endorsement: 2
Sestak is Endorsed
For Lincoln Senate (Ballot):
Yes: 4
No: 3
2/3 assent is not achieved, DTC is endorsed.
For House: Peebs, Razze, and OneJ are endorsed.

I certify that this is official and correct.

Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #46 on: June 17, 2018, 03:20:27 PM »

I open the floor for proposals for additions to the bylaws and party platform.
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #47 on: June 17, 2018, 03:50:03 PM »

I propose the following amendments to the party bylaws:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: 0.00

P P P
« Reply #48 on: June 18, 2018, 02:33:45 PM »

Consistent with my campaign promise to appoint a Lt. Governor from the PUP, I humbly come before the Progressive Union Party to ask your preference for the Lt. Governor of Lincoln if I am elected.

Which member of the Lincoln Assembly do you suggest to be appointed?
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #49 on: June 18, 2018, 03:35:27 PM »

Consistent with my campaign promise to appoint a Lt. Governor from the PUP, I humbly come before the Progressive Union Party to ask your preference for the Lt. Governor of Lincoln if I am elected.

Which member of the Lincoln Assembly do you suggest to be appointed?
You'll have to wait until after the election first.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies