May jobs report
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 04:09:33 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  May jobs report
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: May jobs report  (Read 1047 times)
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2018, 07:27:40 PM »

Once more, Drumpf fails to articulate how or what is responsible for the economy's continued improvement and what that has to do with him. He probably legitimately believes that his ass sitting in the Oval Office is what's responsible.

Governors and Presidents frequently take credit for positive news on the economy even when they had nothing to do with it. It's a time-honored American tradition. If you asked people like Scott Walker to describe exactly what they did to create all the jobs they are taking credit for, they'd probably stutter and start whipping out a bunch of flimsy initiatives or bills of theirs of which there is zero evidence of any tangible economic impact. Most of them know this too, but they don't care, because part of their job description is lying through their teeth.

Funny stuff though, Drumpf and Republican Governors were fine to complain pre-2017 about Obama's poor, sluggish economy, then after that, suddenly it's like, "wow, this economy is great! so many jobs! record black employment! this all happened so SUDDENLY and MAGICALLY, and coincidentally when a Republican won the White House!"

I get that politicians take credit, and often are perceived as being responsible by voters. I would probably tout something like that if I was running for office, but I think I would at least try to back it up and be more convincing while also attempting to be consistent. That latter part from your post is my issue exactly with Drumpf taking that credit as he contradicts everything I said before. The economy was fairly similar in 2016, while Drumpf was running on how mediocre the economy was, in spite of all evidence to the contrary. He accused the job reports of being biased or altered but now, strangely, they seem to be perfectly accurate for him.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies