Samantha Bee calls Ivanka a kциt
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 03:51:19 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Samantha Bee calls Ivanka a kциt
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Author Topic: Samantha Bee calls Ivanka a kциt  (Read 9191 times)
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2018, 01:38:42 PM »

Is there anyone who actually finds Bee funny?

Probably liberal middle aged single white women

Ugggghhhhh, stop with the stereotypes, my Mom does not find her funny at all.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2018, 02:12:47 PM »

On her Twitter account (@iamsambee), she apologized for her classless remark about Ivanka:

Boo
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2018, 02:23:40 PM »

On her Twitter account (@iamsambee), she apologized for her classless remark about Ivanka:

... Why’d she say it, then?
fluffypanther19
United States

« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2018, 02:44:58 PM »

not really
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2018, 04:01:04 PM »

Rofl

KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2018, 04:08:50 PM »

Rofl

Surely they have more important things to be doing.

Anyways, Bee’s show is mediocre, as are all the Daily Show/Colbert Report imitators that have failed to escape the long shadows of their predecessors
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #31 on: May 31, 2018, 04:46:28 PM »

I dont think the right really cares about c**ntgate, they just smell blood in the water and are looking to take someone on the left down after Roseanne.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #32 on: May 31, 2018, 04:59:03 PM »

I dont think the right really cares about c**ntgate, they just smell blood in the water and are looking to take someone on the left down after Roseanne.

Agree.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #33 on: May 31, 2018, 05:06:28 PM »

It's strange that they're not just playing the "Roseanne is a liberal Democrat, the party of slavery and Jim Crow" card. Or are they? I haven't really paid attention.
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #34 on: May 31, 2018, 05:33:34 PM »

Who care. 
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #35 on: May 31, 2018, 05:34:14 PM »

It's strange that they're not just playing the "Roseanne is a liberal Democrat, the party of slavery and Jim Crow" card. Or are they? I haven't really paid attention.
Only the “truh conservatuves” and their ilk. Like Erik Erickson.
HAnnA MArin County
semocrat08
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #36 on: May 31, 2018, 05:46:52 PM »

There's a difference between profanity and racism. Obviously Bee doesn't deserve to lose her show. The MAGA base is just trying to collect a scalp after losing their "Economic Anxiety" show.

They had no problem wearing a bunch of shirts calling Hillary a "B*tch" a "Wh*re" or a "C*nt"

Preach!

Figures this thread would be posted by a triggered blue avatar snowflake trying to deflect from their pathetic defense of Racist Roseanne. Oops, I'm sorry, I mean Economically Distressed Roseanne.

Republicans really have zero credibility on crying sexism when they blindly defend their p*$$* grabbing misogynistic chauvinistic pig in the White House who's been accused by God only knows how many women of sexual assault/harassment/misconduct.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #37 on: May 31, 2018, 06:07:26 PM »

lol who cares
ON Progressive
OntarioProgressive
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -8.70

« Reply #38 on: May 31, 2018, 06:22:02 PM »

ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #39 on: May 31, 2018, 06:49:41 PM »

There's a difference between profanity and racism. Obviously Bee doesn't deserve to lose her show. The MAGA base is just trying to collect a scalp after losing their "Economic Anxiety" show.

They had no problem wearing a bunch of shirts calling Hillary a "B*tch" a "Wh*re" or a "C*nt"

Preach!

Figures this thread would be posted by a triggered blue avatar snowflake trying to deflect from their pathetic defense of Racist Roseanne. Oops, I'm sorry, I mean Economically Distressed Roseanne.

Republicans really have zero credibility on crying sexism when they blindly defend their p*$$* grabbing misogynistic chauvinistic pig in the White House who's been accused by God only knows how many women of sexual assault/harassment/misconduct.
DING! DING! DING!
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #40 on: May 31, 2018, 08:17:15 PM »

Rofl

Surely they have more important things to be doing.

Anyways, Bee’s show is mediocre, as are all the Daily Show/Colbert Report imitators that have failed to escape the long shadows of their predecessors

John Oliver's really good, but that's partly because he really does his own thing and focuses more on investigative journalism.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #41 on: May 31, 2018, 08:36:31 PM »

Let's stop acting like what Bee said wasn't true.
tallguy23
United States

« Reply #42 on: May 31, 2018, 09:00:46 PM »

Preach!

This. You can't be mad about Ivanka being called a c*** but think it's ok for Hillary to be called one (among other thing).

Mr. Illini
liberty142
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -3.30

« Reply #43 on: May 31, 2018, 09:08:51 PM »

Calling someone the C-word and saying a black woman looks like an ape are not comparable.
You're right, it's only bad to personally attack women of color!

Wow, you really don't get it
twenty42
United States

« Reply #44 on: June 01, 2018, 04:13:34 AM »

Calling someone the C-word and saying a black woman looks like an ape are not comparable.

Reading conservatives on Twitter and elsewhere after this incident, pulling arbitrary incidents and asking why that is OK vs what Roseanne said, is starting to make me wonder if they understand why there was a backlash to Roseanne's tweet(s) in the first place. Take for instance people saying Bill Maher should be fired for comparing Trump to an ape. Do they not get why calling black people apes is offensive vs calling almost anyone else an ape? Black people = apes is a very old racial insult.  There is nothing inherently offensive on that level with calling say, a white person an ape. It's just a regular insult in that context. If someone called me an ape, I'd take it that they are calling me stupid. If you call a black person an ape, it's a hurtful racial attack that ties into a lot of pain and suffering that group of people has endured for centuries. It's a whole different situation.

Likewise, calling a woman a c**nt is offensive - I know a lot of women take extra offensive at that word for that matter, but it doesn't really go beyond the bounds of standard insults.

I guarantee that if Trump was ever caught on tape using the word, you’d call for his impeachment. But it’s good to see liberal hypocrisy is alive and well.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #45 on: June 01, 2018, 05:53:24 AM »

I do.

Consider that the most derogatory image of Adolf Hitler at one time (before the newsreels started exposing the mass-murders) was Charlie Chaplin's The Great Dictator, a comedy that poked fun at Hitler, Goebbels, Goering, and the outward expressions of Nazism -- especially the mistreatment of Jews (which became murderous only after the invasion of Poland). The setting was the Anschluss in a thinly-disguised manner.

I would not be surprised if some foreign production company does a remake of The Great Dictator, only to mock Donald Trump. There is much to mock. It would be deliciously ironic if the film company were... German!
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #46 on: June 01, 2018, 07:20:56 AM »

I guarantee that if Trump was ever caught on tape using the word, you’d call for his impeachment.

Why would we do that when he's already filled his bingo card with bribery, treason, and high crimes and misdemeanors?
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #47 on: June 01, 2018, 07:27:22 AM »

Shame on Bee for using this kind of language. I had already lost interest in the show, but now I'll actively not watch it.

That being said, especially the OP, stop being such hypocrites if you support Trump. You have NO right to complain about "inadequate" language or "inappropriate" behavior.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #48 on: June 01, 2018, 07:56:34 AM »

During the 2016 election, there were people at Trump rallies wearing shirts with Hillary's face on them and the c-word above her.  "Trump That Bitch" was also a popular one.

Again in 2016, Rosanne tweeted "Anyone Who Thinks Hillary isn’t a c**nt is a Pussy."

On 11/1/16, Sid Miller (Texas Agricultural Commissioner) called Hillary the c-word.

And Ted Nugent called Hillary a "toxic c**nt"...also during 2016.

It's my personal opinion that Samantha Bee should be fired, but I'm not her employer...and if TBS doesn't want to fire her, then there is no double standard for that--they're allowed to make that decision.  It would be a double standard if Bee was employed by ABC, and ABC chose to fire Rosanne but keep Bee, then you guys would have something with which to base such an accusation.  But conservatives calling for Bee to be canned while praising the above IS a double standard and just goes to show that this isn't about the c-word or personal attacks at all.
Famous Mortimer
WillipsBrighton
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #49 on: June 01, 2018, 08:24:47 AM »

Ideally, I don't think Roseanne should have been fired and I don't think Bee should be fired.

That's a position of compromise though and you don't start negotiating from a position of compromise.

Especially when your enemies are starting from a position of calling for your total destruction.

The right is correct to call for the firing of Sam Bee, the firing of anyone who insults the president, the firing of all liberals. Boycotts of anyone who advocates transgenderism or illegal immigration.

They are correct not because free speech is bad but because calling for liberal speech to be no platformed the same way conservative speech is no platformed, is the only way to get the left to agree to a ceasefire/to restore the free speech status quo of 10 years ago.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies