Ladies and Gentlemen...
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:44:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Ladies and Gentlemen...
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Ladies and Gentlemen...  (Read 2190 times)
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -7.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: October 01, 2005, 05:10:48 PM »

He never stole an election and it doesn't merit being made fun of on such a personal level.

I suppose if you want to be pedantic, Naso did not technically steal the election, but he certainly engaged in what I would consider immoral tactics to win it, and by your own admission you agree. Whilst he did not necessarily absolutely steal the election, a moral theft of the election is not an unreasonable assertion, and it is in this vein that I believe Defarge uses the term.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #51 on: October 01, 2005, 05:13:10 PM »

He never stole an election and it doesn't merit being made fun of on such a personal level.

I suppose if you want to be pedantic, Naso did not technically steal the election, but he certainly engaged in what I would consider immoral tactics to win it, and by your own admission you agree. Whilst he did not necessarily absolutely steal the election, a moral theft of the election is not an unreasonable assertion, and it is in this vein that I believe Defarge uses the term.

You're right. Naso did not run the best campaign but he didn't steal anything. In fact, if anyone is to blame it's you, Peter, since you deleted your ballot giving him the win but no one would dare blame you.
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -7.48

« Reply #52 on: October 01, 2005, 05:40:50 PM »
« Edited: October 01, 2005, 05:42:43 PM by Peter Bell »

You're right. Naso did not run the best campaign but he didn't steal anything. In fact, if anyone is to blame it's you, Peter, since you deleted your ballot giving him the win but no one would dare blame you.

I do not see how I am blamed for Naso's actions as a candidate which I of course had absolutely no control over.

I see how you (and incidentally only you) could make the assertion that I was most to blame for him getting elected because of my vote deletion, you know its not like there were other people who actually did vote for him who I think we can assert should be more to blame considering they actually registered positive support for him.

Regardless, nobody, not I, nor any Naso voter was to blame for Naso's actions whilst a candidate, except Naso himself, to suggest otherwise is to debase logic and reason.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #53 on: October 01, 2005, 11:46:59 PM »

I do not see how I am blamed for Naso's actions as a candidate which I of course had absolutely no control over.

I see how you (and incidentally only you) could make the assertion that I was most to blame for him getting elected because of my vote deletion, you know its not like there were other people who actually did vote for him who I think we can assert should be more to blame considering they actually registered positive support for him.

Regardless, nobody, not I, nor any Naso voter was to blame for Naso's actions whilst a candidate, except Naso himself, to suggest otherwise is to debase logic and reason.

You complain about his victory yet your action as a voter allowed him to win. You basically awarded him for what he did. Whether you "registered positive support" of Naso or not, you knew of his actions and knew what your action would do - elect him Senator.
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -0.05

« Reply #54 on: October 02, 2005, 12:19:57 AM »

You complain about his victory yet your action as a voter allowed him to win. You basically awarded him for what he did. Whether you "registered positive support" of Naso or not, you knew of his actions and knew what your action would do - elect him Senator.

Yes, Peter should feel some guilt that he helped to elect the most incompetent Senator that we have ever seen.  I agree with you Phil, 100%
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #55 on: October 02, 2005, 12:23:12 AM »

Yes, Peter should feel some guilt that he helped to elect the most incompetent Senator that we have ever seen.  I agree with you Phil, 100%

I don't know if that's an attack on me or not. I'm guessing it is but the problem here is that I actually do believe Naso was the worst Senator ever. So if you're trying to get me to defend his actions as a Senator, you lose.
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #56 on: October 02, 2005, 12:28:27 AM »

I don't know if that's an attack on me or not. I'm guessing it is but the problem here is that I actually do believe Naso was the worst Senator ever. So if you're trying to get me to defend his actions as a Senator, you lose.

No, I got you(his biggest supporter) to admit that he was the worst Senator ever.  I win.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #57 on: October 02, 2005, 12:30:07 AM »

No, I got you(his biggest supporter) to admit that he was the worst Senator ever.  I win.

Uh, I don't see how that's a win since I've admitted it before. Also, for you to take so much pleasure in the downfall of some kid from Ohio is pretty sad.
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #58 on: October 02, 2005, 12:33:22 AM »

Uh, I don't see how that's a win since I've admitted it before. Also, for you to take so much pleasure in the downfall of some kid from Ohio is pretty sad.

Would it matter if he was from New Jersey instead?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #59 on: October 02, 2005, 12:40:07 AM »

You have enough fun making fun of someone else from New Jersey who is a few years younger than you. Pretty cool guy.
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #60 on: October 02, 2005, 12:41:14 AM »

You have enough fun making fun of someone else from New Jersey who is a few years younger than you. Pretty cool guy.

I don't make fun of MAS, that's your job.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #61 on: October 02, 2005, 12:41:55 AM »

More like everyone's job but...yeah...mainly mine.
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #62 on: October 02, 2005, 12:45:34 AM »

More like everyone's job but...yeah...mainly mine.

I think that speaks for itself.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #63 on: October 02, 2005, 05:26:37 AM »

So wait, we're not allowed to make fun of Naso, but we are allowed to make fun of Josh22 like Phil did back in April?
Max Power
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 1.84, S: -8.09

« Reply #64 on: October 02, 2005, 08:59:03 AM »

Come on. This is getting ridiculous. Naso's going to loose. End of story. So you can stop attacking KEmperor for making fun of Naso and go back to making fun of Josh22 like Joe said.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #65 on: October 02, 2005, 12:45:21 PM »

Come on. This is getting ridiculous. Naso's going to loose. End of story. So you can stop attacking KEmperor for making fun of Naso and go back to making fun of Josh22 like Joe said.

I'm not attacking KEmperor on the personal level that he always attacked Naso. And I was wrong for attacking Josh the way I did but the problems he brought upon himself came mostly from the forum. Naso posts a picture and they don't let up, making fun of his sister even though it's not his sister. Let the kid be.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies