What's your favorite Christian heresy? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:32:50 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  What's your favorite Christian heresy? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What's your favorite Christian heresy?  (Read 4172 times)
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« on: September 08, 2020, 05:50:12 PM »

I don’t really count them as a heresy, but Quakerism. They have an objectively admirable theology.

However, they are heretical in the sense of a rejection of the sacraments/ordained priesthood.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2020, 01:47:56 PM »

Seriously though probably the Ebionites or the Marcionites, both throw interesting light on Christianity's first century. The former still followed the Law, championed James and reviled Paul; the latter were Paul stans who went the opposite way and rejected the Old Testament, were the first group to collect the letters of Paul and carried around a Gospel some think was the basis for gLuke.
It seems very unlikely that the Gospel of Marcion was the original version of the Gospel of Luke. This is because there is an overwhelming consensus that Luke-Acts is a joint work, made by the same author, and Marcion did not at any point include Acts. Of course, I’m hardly the first to point that out - Irenaeus best me to it by almost two millennia.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies