Any interest in a Concert of Europe sequel?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 06:04:33 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Any interest in a Concert of Europe sequel?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Any interest in a Concert of Europe sequel?  (Read 1731 times)
Spamage
spamage
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 31, 2018, 10:54:26 AM »

Hello everyone, it’s been a while.

I’ve been travelling in Europe and seeing so many historical places has actually caused me to reminisce about the Concert of Europe game last fall. I thought we had a good game and a great dynamic going, not to mention an interesting political situation. Although it was a lot of work, it was also satisying to see people finding it enjoyable.

With the game ending at the end of the last war, I’ve been considering picking the story back up again a decade or two later as the new systems faces its own set of challenges. There were quite a few issues set to arise based in the closing moves and I think the situation around 1780ish could be pretty interesting.

So heres the deal. If there’s sufficient interest in picking this back up I’ll get working on it again. As this would be several decades after the PoD, I do retain the right to change people’s lifespans as I see fit. I’m travelling until Sunday, returning early next week. I think with a solid amount of research I could have the first turn up by next weekend.

Is there any interest? I really enjoyed Lumine’s sequel to Balance of Power, hance me starting this. Let me know Smiley

Huey Long is a Republican
New Tennessean Politician
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2018, 10:56:21 AM »

I’ve been travelling in Europe and seeing so many historical places has actually caused me to reminisce about the Concert of Europe game last fall. I thought we had a good game and a great dynamic going, not to mention an interesting political situation. Although it was a lot of work, it was also satisying to see people finding it enjoyable.

With the game ending at the end of the last war, I’ve been considering picking the story back up again a decade or two later as the new systems faces its own set of challenges. There were quite a few issues set to arise based in the closing moves and I think the situation around 1780ish could be pretty interesting.

So heres the deal. If there’s sufficient interest in picking this back up I’ll get working on it again. As this would be several decades after the PoD, I do retain the right to change people’s lifespans as I see fit. I’m travelling until Sunday, returning early next week. I think with a solid amount of research I could have the first turn up by next weekend.

Is there any interest? I really enjoyed Lumine’s sequel to Balance of Power, hance me starting this. Let me know Smiley

I'll be down
_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.29, S: -7.74

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2018, 12:09:04 PM »

Well we've already got the Kaiserreich game ready to go for a BoP style game, so I wouldn't start that now, I'd say wait until the Kaiserreich game was over.
Wikipedia delenda est
HenryWallaceVP
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2018, 01:53:44 PM »
« Edited: May 31, 2018, 03:49:52 PM by HenryWallaceVP »

Definitely! I would love to play a sequel! Also, I would like to play as Russia again.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2018, 02:04:06 PM »

I'm in, and I demand this be started asap (really, it would be beyond wonderful)

If possible, I'd like to return as Prussia.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2018, 02:50:02 PM »

I'm in, and I demand this be started asap (really, it would be beyond wonderful)

If possible, I'd like to return as Prussia.
And me as France!
_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2018, 02:52:34 PM »

For the record, I'd be fine with playing this soon since I find the idea interesting
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2018, 03:06:38 PM »

Well we've already got the Kaiserreich game ready to go for a BoP style game, so I wouldn't start that now, I'd say wait until the Kaiserreich game was over.

Same here, personally I can't see myself focusing on two games at once... but YOU MUST DO IT later Cheesy
_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2018, 03:12:03 PM »

@Kalwejt:  Well it's cause I don't know if I could handle 2 BoP style games, a US Election Game, and a UK game Tongue  That was rude of me though, sorry to Spamage.
Huey Long is a Republican
New Tennessean Politician
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2018, 03:19:15 PM »

I'll reserve Austria or Bavaria
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2018, 03:21:11 PM »

Spamage, here is my scenario proposal:
We start playing in 1775 after the death of both the King of France Louis XV and the Sardinia Piemont king.

-France:
There would have been an industrial revolution as I have almost all India and had made some pro growth stuff: boosting agriculture, end of tariff on trade between french regions, repairing the roads etc etc.
My son would have been assassinated by some revolutionaries because of tensions between me and the Polish as I wanted to put a bourbon on the polish throne (as Stanislas' daughter was my wife). So I would start playing as Louis, Duke of Burgundy ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Louis,_Duke_of_Burgundy_(1751%E2%80%931761 ) , married to the heiress of Modena as I betrothed him to her: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maria_Beatrice_d%27Este,_Duchess_of_Massa

-Italy: the death of Sardinia king replaced by his reactionary son would have led to massive revolts and him executed, in Venise a radical republican government would then take over and all Italy would be in trouble, some would like to reunify Italy under a republic and obviously France wouldn't like that due to his ties to both Sardinia (some of my uncles would be married to some members of House of Savoy like IRL) and Modena.

-Poland: a popular general would take over like Napoleon so it would be playable!

-Spain: would have many issues with GB in America (I gave them Canada by the way in exchange of their help in India).

-Prussia and Austria would  be foes like irl, having much more influence on their respective coalitions due to the rise of nationalism. Maybe some stuff to write about Bayern as Joseph has married the heiress of Bayern right?

-Russia and the Ottomans would still hate each others lol.

Sweden stronger than IRL

So, the game would have these following feuds:
-France vs Poland and the italian republicans: ideological war with both trying to place their puppets
-Austria imperial league vs Prussia german league danemark: catholic vs protestants, bayern war of succession?
-Spain vs GB: America
-Russia vs the Ottomans: controlling the black sea

So many potential coalitions!

Any thoughts on this?
_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2018, 03:27:04 PM »

If Windjammer's idea is taken, i'd like to try and play Poland
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2018, 03:31:52 PM »

dibs on Ottomans!

also I like Windjammer's idea
At-Large Senator LouisvilleThunder
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: 1.74

P P P
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2018, 04:03:57 PM »

I want my Spain back!
Dereich
YaBB God

« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2018, 04:18:41 PM »

Playing as Austria in the first game was intense and was the most invested I've been in any of the forum games I've been a part of. Every turn seemed to be inches from disaster or total victory. I doubt I could devote as much time to it as I did then, but I'd still be very interested in returning if you were ever ready to re-host.
Wikipedia delenda est
HenryWallaceVP
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2018, 05:29:45 PM »
« Edited: May 31, 2018, 07:23:22 PM by HenryWallaceVP »

We start playing in 1775 after the death of both the King of France Louis XV and the Sardinia Piemont king.

-France:
There would have been an industrial revolution as I have almost all India and had made some pro growth stuff: boosting agriculture, end of tariff on trade between french regions, repairing the roads etc etc.
My son would have been assassinated by some revolutionaries because of tensions between me and the Polish as I wanted to put a bourbon on the polish throne (as Stanislas' daughter was my wife). So I would start playing as Louis, Duke of Burgundy ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Louis,_Duke_of_Burgundy_(1751%E2%80%931761 ) , married to the heiress of Modena as I betrothed him to her: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maria_Beatrice_d%27Este,_Duchess_of_Massa

-Italy: the death of Sardinia king replaced by his reactionary son would have led to massive revolts and him executed, in Venise a radical republican government would then take over and all Italy would be in trouble, some would like to reunify Italy under a republic and obviously France wouldn't like that due to his ties to both Sardinia (some of my uncles would be married to some members of House of Savoy like IRL) and Modena.

-Poland: a popular general would take over like Napoleon so it would be playable!

-Spain: would have many issues with GB in America (I gave them Canada by the way in exchange of their help in India).

-Prussia and Austria would  be foes like irl, having much more influence on their respective coalitions due to the rise of nationalism. Maybe some stuff to write about Bayern as Joseph has married the heiress of Bayern right?

Sweden stronger than IRL

-France vs Poland and the italian republicans: ideological war with both trying to place their puppets
-Austria imperial league vs Prussia german league danemark: catholic vs protestants, bayern war of succession?

Any thoughts on this?

I like this idea. I also think that this post about a Napoleon Pilsudski storyline should be used.
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2018, 07:11:58 PM »
« Edited: May 31, 2018, 07:18:33 PM by Spamage »

-France:

Sweden stronger than IRL

Any thoughts on this?

I already have some stuff written out prior to this, don’t worry. It does track with what you’re discussiing here, though there are several large differences. You’ll see once I get around to posting the sign up and background thread.

Actually a little surprised how similar this proposal is in some aspects to what I’ve already written. But I will say that no, Napoleon himself will not playable (but Poland will be). Also, the game will begin in 1782, allowing for me to make some changes with lifespans Wink and ensuring many, but not all, powers will be under a new generation leadership than during the previous game.

————————————
If the general concensus is to postpone, that’s fine. I will release the background thread regardless though, so I’m able to catch up on research and refresh myself about where this universe stands.
_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2018, 07:20:16 PM »

I believe the "General Consensus" was just me, and I'd be fine with going ahead with the game, I was just a tad worried about being in two BoP games at once.  I'll find a way to deal with it for this good of an idea. Smiley
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2018, 02:19:05 PM »

I reserve America.
YPestis25

Political Matrix
E: -4.65, S: -6.09

« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2018, 04:38:42 PM »
« Edited: June 01, 2018, 07:03:45 PM by YPestis25 »

I'll take the one and only Sweden, or I should say Scandinavia, for a second spin!
ASPN
Dr_Novella

« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2018, 09:27:52 PM »

Seems early to be reserving, but I'd be interested.
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2018, 11:01:04 PM »

Can I play as San Marino?
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies