Day 35: Ohio (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:17:44 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Day 35: Ohio (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Day 35: Ohio  (Read 5386 times)
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« on: September 29, 2005, 08:06:39 AM »

Another state where cultural issues trumped the economy and lo-and-behold they voted against their own economic interests

I dare say Democratic candidates like Bayh and Warner could carry the state. Apparently, Bayh's successful tenure as Indiana governor and its strong economy had a positive impact on neighbouring counties in Ohio and Kentucky

At this point in time, I don't know whether Bayh's decision to vote against Roberts will have much of an impact.  Hoosiers will be angry for a while, I guess, but at the end of the day, moderates are more likely to forget a vote against than the Democratic Party base will forget a vote for

Bayh's record on gun control may work against him in Ohio and he certainly has a solid track record in connecting with rural voters; while, Warner's support for gun rights would certainly help him

It's a state moderate Democrats can win and should win bearing in mind Kerry run Bush pretty close

Dave
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies