Multiple students killed in shooting at Texas high school
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 09, 2024, 09:09:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Multiple students killed in shooting at Texas high school
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Author Topic: Multiple students killed in shooting at Texas high school  (Read 5538 times)
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2018, 12:41:47 PM »

UPDATE ....

You must be logged in to read this quote.

DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2018, 12:44:49 PM »

Is it OK to call the shooter an animal yet? Or should we understand his upbringing that made him do this first?

No, because the shooter wasn't brown, he's apparently Russian.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2018, 12:45:49 PM »

UPDATE ....

Suspect has a lot of school shooting stuff on social media. Was wearing a trench coat during the shooting.

Is it OK to call the shooter an animal yet? Or should we understand his upbringing that made him do this first?

I thought it was a Greek sounding name.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #28 on: May 18, 2018, 12:53:56 PM »

It took only 7 minutes for Sanch (noted anti-ACA Trump fanboy) to prove me right. Roll Eyes
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #29 on: May 18, 2018, 12:56:35 PM »

UPDATE ....

Suspect has a lot of school shooting stuff on social media. Was wearing a trench coat during the shooting.

I thought it was a Greek sounding name.

Yeah, I guess so.  Those foreigners are hard to tell apart.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2018, 01:20:05 PM »

It took only 7 minutes for Sanch (noted anti-ACA Trump fanboy) to prove me right. Roll Eyes
Do you just make up aspects of my life to fit your narrative? Where is this "anti-ACA" thing coming from? Do you bother to read my posts at all?
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #31 on: May 18, 2018, 01:29:55 PM »

Dallas Mayor Mike Rawlings NEEDS to run for TX 32nd in 2020 if Sessions wins in 2018.
fluffypanther19
United States

« Reply #32 on: May 18, 2018, 01:58:59 PM »

here we go again: more thoughts and prayers, more debates that go nowhere, same old same old

look its already started here on atlas
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #33 on: May 18, 2018, 02:11:16 PM »

Do you just make up aspects of my life to fit your narrative? Where is this "anti-ACA" thing coming from? Do you bother to read my posts at all?

I've seen you endorse Single Payer but never the ACA.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #34 on: May 18, 2018, 02:15:43 PM »

Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #35 on: May 18, 2018, 02:35:45 PM »

Dallas Mayor Mike Rawlings NEEDS to run for TX 32nd in 2020 if Sessions wins in 2018.

This thread is full of offensive, ignorant, and just plain thoughtless comments, but this post brings all three to a new low, and with a distinctive Atlas twist, too. Bravo.
Oh and what would you have us do?  Thoughts and prayers?  Try to outdo eachother in shock and outrage?  Not discuss it at all?

Supporting elected officials that want to change our gun culture to run for higher office is the best and most effective thing one can do in this situation. 

Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #36 on: May 18, 2018, 02:41:41 PM »

I've seen you endorse Single Payer but never the ACA.
Because I don't just eat up whatever the Democratic Party establishment spoon feeds me, you see.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #37 on: May 18, 2018, 02:42:34 PM »

I'm shocked and horrified by this completely unforeseeable tragedy. My thoughts and prayers go out to the people of INSERT LOCALITY HERE the Texas Gulf Coast on their tragic loss in this INSERT TYPE OF ATROCITY HERE school shooting.
Ye We Can
Mumph

« Reply #38 on: May 18, 2018, 02:47:28 PM »

HuhHuh I mean I get the thoughts and prayers thing is worn but what lol
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #39 on: May 18, 2018, 03:00:50 PM »

When 13 people were murdered during the Columbine mass shooting, it was something that affected this nation for months.  It appears 8-10 people were murdered during this mass school shooting, and it's an event that will likely fade from our national consciousness in a couple of days hours.  This country has a horrible sickness terminal illness.

Fixed.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #40 on: May 18, 2018, 03:28:17 PM »

Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #41 on: May 18, 2018, 03:30:29 PM »

This thread is full of offensive, ignorant, and just plain thoughtless comments, but this post brings all three to a new low, and with a distinctive Atlas twist, too. Bravo.
Oh and what would you have us do?  Thoughts and prayers?  Try to outdo eachother in shock and outrage?  Not discuss it at all?

Supporting elected officials that want to change our gun culture to run for higher office is the best and most effective thing one can do in this situation.  

It's a grotesque comment, surely you can see that.

Also, "thoughts and prayers" is a condolence, not a punchline. When it comes from someone who isn't running for office or pretending to be a politician online, there's no reason to treat the line in bad faith, as much as that runs contrary to the glib and polarized terms of our cultural politics.

Anyway, I'm not aware of politicians with compelling ideas about how to make this country a less murderous place. I would happily support them if they existed.

The symbolic firearms legislation that's up for debate in this country is chiefly about comforting paranoid parents who'd be better served by turning off the television news and spending less time on their newsfeeds. If the public cared about "gun culture," they'd have been motivated to change long ago by the many thousands of murders and even more numerous firearms suicides that take place outside of schools.

Mass shootings aren't a crisis because of the kill count, or even because of where they take place. They're a crisis because of how they are discussed. Half the country has been made to feel like their children are in deadly peril every day, and the other half is worried about their theoretical right to water the Tree of Liberty with blood. This is deranged.

At least symbolic gun control has the virtue of doing less harm than the move to morph our public schools from open campuses into prison complexes under the watchful eye of armed guards with the authority to arrest students.

For some reason it is the least benign measures that are the least controversial. People seem to believe that their liberty is more threatened by some of the most tepid firearms regulations conceivable than by the dystopian setting of constant control and monitoring that they are creating for their children.
I don't disagree at all.  I worry about the same things and I'm very cynical... but I think it's worth avoiding "nirvana syndrome" where unless the proposed solution is perfect and fixes everything, it's not worth trying at all.

I also agree kids today are way overprotected from distant, low-risk threats... but underprotected from nearby, constant, insidious threats. 
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #42 on: May 18, 2018, 04:09:45 PM »

At least we'll soon be able to take comfort in school shootings becoming rarer. Summer break is almost here!
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #43 on: May 18, 2018, 04:19:05 PM »

Wow. What a horrifying stat.
Our military men and women are specifically trained for and know of the dangers they may face. Many are sent to battlefields and on special missions with the enemy shooting at them.
Our children are not. They go to school to learn. But yet, they die from guns more than our soldiers (and here on our own homeland, not abroad).
This is beyond anything imaginable.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #44 on: May 18, 2018, 04:22:03 PM »

Wow. What a horrifying stat.
Our military men and women are specifically trained for and know of the dangers they may face. Many are sent to battlefields and on special missions with the enemy shooting at them.
Our children are not. They go to school to learn. But yet, they die from guns more than our soldiers (and here on our own homeland, not abroad).
This is beyond anything imaginable.

It's what the Republican party tacitly endorses as a collateral for gun freedom.
Florida Man for Crime
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #45 on: May 18, 2018, 04:37:06 PM »

At least we'll soon be able to take comfort in school shootings becoming rarer. Summer break is almost here!

Sadly, I think you have stumbled on the only politically viable solution to stop school shootings. No more school. Perhaps the NRA could get behind that. Meeting of the minds of Oliver North and Betsy Devos.
gottsu
Poland

« Reply #46 on: May 18, 2018, 04:55:25 PM »

Pressure cooker bombs, Molotov cocktails and another explosives...

This guy was just 17...

I am largely speechless...
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #47 on: May 18, 2018, 04:59:59 PM »

Pressure cooker bombs, Molotov cocktails and another explosives...

This guy was just 17...

I am largely speechless...

Home-brewed terrorism
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #48 on: May 18, 2018, 05:03:17 PM »

Gov. Greg Abbott of Texas said the gunman used a shotgun and a .38 revolver, and both weapons appeared to have been obtained from the suspect’s father, who legally owned them.
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #49 on: May 18, 2018, 05:06:18 PM »

Clown Lt. Governor Dan Patrick blows the lid of the real culprit behind the school shootings:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies