Should McDonald's be banned?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 03:38:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Should McDonald's be banned?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Poll
Question: skip
Yes

No

I'm Wulfric but wanted a separate Yes option

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 103

Author Topic: Should McDonald's be banned?  (Read 3174 times)
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: May 14, 2018, 09:25:00 PM »

No, you don't have a world where gays can marry and weed is legalized, but you can't buy a cheeseburger at McDonalds. If we're gonna go on full force with allowing "freedom of choice", you have to allow people to have the freedom to go to McDonalds, or the freedom to not go. It's up to them.

What about the freedom of animals to choose to not be killed for food?

They are animals.  They are food.  End of story.

So, if I decided to eat one of my parents pet cats tomorrow, wouldn't that cat, as a house pet, valued member of the family, and sentient being have the right not to be eaten?

#SaveFluffy2k18
BenBurch
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.74, S: 7.22

« Reply #51 on: May 15, 2018, 08:14:45 AM »

So, if I decided to eat one of my parents pet cats tomorrow, wouldn't that cat, as a house pet, valued member of the family, and sentient being have the right not to be eaten?

Are you trolling?  You can't seriously be this thick.  Cattle and chickens are raised for food.  END OF STORY.  You hate eating animals?  Fine.  But don't force your idiotic, self-destructive ways on the rest of us, thank you very much.
WritOfCertiorari

« Reply #52 on: May 15, 2018, 10:12:04 AM »

No, you don't have a world where gays can marry and weed is legalized, but you can't buy a cheeseburger at McDonalds. If we're gonna go on full force with allowing "freedom of choice", you have to allow people to have the freedom to go to McDonalds, or the freedom to not go. It's up to them.

They are animals.  They are food.  End of story.

Meanwhile your cat is eating beef, chicken, pork, lamb, veal, etc. and needs to do so to survive. Maybe you should ask your cat why it’s eating “sentient” animals.

Also, pets are not viewed as family in most of the world anyway. Now, I might be sad if I saw someone eating a cat, sure, but there’s no normative difference between eating a cat or eating a rabbit or what have you.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #53 on: May 15, 2018, 10:29:11 AM »

Not at all. Your parents, rather, have a right to not have their cat stolen and murdered. More to the point, you stain yourself by doing so. This has little to do with the actual cat.
Wisconsin SC Race 2019
hofoid

« Reply #54 on: May 15, 2018, 10:38:07 AM »

In a perfect world, they'd be shut down, but they live to fatten more Americans each day.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #55 on: May 15, 2018, 12:39:19 PM »

Are you trolling?  You can't seriously be this thick.  Cattle and chickens are raised for food.  END OF STORY.  You hate eating animals?  Fine.  But don't force your idiotic, self-destructive ways on the rest of us, thank you very much.

The thing is, you didn't specify between cattle and chickens, which are raised for food, and house pets like cats and dogs, which usually aren't. Be more specific next time.
BenBurch
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #56 on: May 15, 2018, 02:11:36 PM »

The thing is, you didn't specify between cattle and chickens, which are raised for food, and house pets like cats and dogs, which usually aren't. Be more specific next time.

It was fairly obvious I was talking about cattle and chickens, unless they serve cat or dog at your local McDonald's, which I highly doubt.
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

« Reply #57 on: May 15, 2018, 02:13:47 PM »

It was fairly obvious I was talking about cattle and chickens, unless they serve cat or dog at your local McDonald's, which I highly doubt.

lol maybe in San Bruno
BenBurch
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #58 on: May 15, 2018, 02:14:25 PM »

You aren't wrong, LOL.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #59 on: May 15, 2018, 03:04:28 PM »

Not a good argument since I find cats repulsive.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #60 on: May 15, 2018, 03:19:26 PM »

No because I'm addicted to it.

Dude, switch to heroin at least.  My God.
courts
Ghost_white
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #61 on: May 18, 2018, 02:02:30 AM »

Not a good argument since I find cats repulsive.
disappointing
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #62 on: March 30, 2020, 09:55:29 PM »

Don't ban McDonald's.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #63 on: March 31, 2020, 06:19:55 PM »

disappointed to see no Wulfric posts in this thread.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #64 on: March 31, 2020, 07:13:26 PM »

A blanket ban is a bad idea, but some of their products are insanely unhealthy (burgers are the most egregious example) and probably need some regulation or just require them to use non-processed ingredients. But no, a ban is ill-advised, regulation is the ideal approach.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #65 on: March 31, 2020, 08:38:30 PM »

I wasn't aware we had a poster by that name or that they were posting anything objectionable.
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #66 on: April 01, 2020, 09:20:28 AM »

I warned you about necro bumping threads.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies