The Right to Life League
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 06, 2024, 10:53:55 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Right to Life League
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: The Right to Life League  (Read 5786 times)
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: May 10, 2004, 04:06:38 PM »

I move to include Euthanasia as a respect life cause.

I also move to kick out anyone who doesn't fully agree with our platform. We don't need any corruption here. Any member who wishes to join in should make this oath:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Death penalty should be excluded.

I don't think we should "kick out" anyone who doesn't fully, 100% agree with the platform.  That's BS.  Since when does someone have to fully support the platform of a party, or a league such as this, to belong to that group?  If Democrats or Republicans could only be in their respective parties if they fully supported their party's platform, there wouldn't be anyone in either party save the person who wrote the platform.  That's why you have left wingers, right wingers, and moderates in both parties, and our league should be no different.  We shouldn't have a set standard everyone *has* to follow or else they get knocked off the island, so to speak.

Death penalty should be excluded?  If so, then I move to change the name of our league from "Right to Life" to "Anti-Abortion."  You can't call yourself pro-life if you support death via capital punishment.  Just the same, you can't be pro-choice if you are anti choice on other issues like school choice, social security, etc.  Instead, you're simply pro-abortion.

Just my $0.02.
Brambila
Brambilla

« Reply #76 on: May 10, 2004, 04:10:57 PM »

The thing that's debated is if somebody is guilty.

How about this- and this is what I truly beleive. The death penalty should be rare if not non existent?
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #77 on: May 10, 2004, 04:47:00 PM »

I'd suggest you change the syntax in the first section, and I scarcely think such a broad amendment could pass, at least not in Congress. If it does, I will resign from the Supreme Court, because I refuse to enforce that travesty.

They might mean the right to life though...even if right ti live makes a little more sense.
migrendel
Italy

« Reply #78 on: May 10, 2004, 08:42:12 PM »

A properly worded clause (amendment sections aren't called articles) would read "The right of a fetus to life shall not be denied or abridged on account of the right to an abortion."
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Moderators
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #79 on: May 10, 2004, 10:56:38 PM »

Although i don't agree with the purpose of this group i wish you all luck in your endevour
ericadler
Rookie

« Reply #80 on: May 11, 2004, 12:41:17 AM »

I feel really nervous when it comes to the right to life groups.  They all seem pretty crazy to me.
PBrunsel
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #81 on: May 11, 2004, 03:43:36 PM »

I feel really nervous when it comes to the right to life groups.  They all seem pretty crazy to me.

We are not a group of abortion clinic blowing up or doctor killing crazies. We are anti-Abortion people who want to end it with legislation, not violence.
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Moderators
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #82 on: May 11, 2004, 03:53:58 PM »

We are not a group of abortion clinic blowing up or doctor killing crazies. We are anti-Abortion people who want to end it with legislation, not violence.
but unfortunately those are the ones people see on the news.
PBrunsel
Junior Chimp

« Reply #83 on: May 11, 2004, 03:58:12 PM »

but unfortunately those are the ones people see on the news.

We never see the good side of the Right to Life Movement. All we ever see is some carzy neo-Nazi blowing up an abortion clinic. t gives Right to Lifers a bad name.
Kodratos
Ataturk

« Reply #84 on: May 11, 2004, 07:21:46 PM »

I want to join
PBrunsel
Junior Chimp

« Reply #85 on: May 11, 2004, 07:23:19 PM »
« Edited: May 11, 2004, 07:23:49 PM by PBrunsel »

Then we welcome you to the ongoing struggle to end abortion in this alnd.
Brambila
Brambilla

« Reply #86 on: May 11, 2004, 07:26:52 PM »
« Edited: May 11, 2004, 07:44:33 PM by Brambila »

Kodratos, you're like ten times cooler now Wink you're Orthodox, Greek, and pro-life... yay!
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #87 on: May 12, 2004, 05:41:22 PM »

*is too lazy to look it up*

Can I have a list of members, please? Smiley
PBrunsel
Junior Chimp

« Reply #88 on: May 12, 2004, 05:43:06 PM »
« Edited: May 12, 2004, 05:53:01 PM by PBrunsel »

Our Members as of 5-12-04:

PBrunsel (IA) (Chairman)

Duke Fan (VA)

9iron768 (MI)

Brambila (CA)

SatesRights (FL)

John D. Ford (CA)

GWBFan (GA)

Josh4Bush (NC)

StevenNick (WA)

Kodratos (NC)
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #89 on: May 12, 2004, 05:44:30 PM »

Thanks Smiley
PBrunsel
Junior Chimp

« Reply #90 on: May 12, 2004, 08:20:37 PM »

May it be enacted by the Forum Senate here assembled:

Section 1: All abortions in the last two trimesters of birth will be herby illegalized.

Section 2: A trimester will be defined as a period or term of three months.

Section 3: All abortion procedure involving the last two trimesters will be illegal to practice.

Section 4: All legislation in conflict with this set legislation will be made null and void.

Section 5: This legislation will be enacted 4 months after it’s passage.  
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #91 on: May 13, 2004, 05:12:49 AM »

I also move to kick out anyone who doesn't fully agree with our platform. We don't need any corruption here. Any member who wishes to join in should make this oath:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Death penalty should be excluded.

While I'm strongly against abortion - in all cases - I don't plan on taking this oath.  First, if this is really a "pro-life" league, it should include the death penalty as well as euthenasia.  This should be called the "Anti-Abortion League" if you're not going to be pro-life all the way across the board.  Second, I personally don't agree with kicking someone out of the league if they aren't 100% anti-abortion.  Many so called pro-lifers have varying stances on when an abortion is acceptable and when it is not.  My own belief is that it is never okay; but many people who call themselves pro-life still support abortion in some extreme cases like rape or incest.  Those people are still good for the cause, but unfortunately, this pledge doesn't allow them membership.

I really think you'd be excluding a lot of potential members by making this a 100% anti-abortion only club.  And if by not reciting this pledge, I have to quit, then I guess I'll be out.
Brambila
Brambilla

« Reply #92 on: May 13, 2004, 09:19:18 AM »

Firstly, we actually do include Death Penalty (We want it rare if not non-existent) and Euthanasia (completely abolished). The reason why we have people take the oath and if they don't follow it are kicked out, is because that is how corruption gets into these parties. I've been in the pro-life movement in real life for 3 years now, and I know what damage is done when ONE PERSON thinks abortion is okay in the first trimester. Then everyone takes it as fact, and thinks that's the truth. When it's not.
PBrunsel
Junior Chimp

« Reply #93 on: May 16, 2004, 07:38:24 PM »

(Right to Life League Headquarters, Salt Lake City Utah)

(PBrunsel walks to the podium in the press room as cameras flash.)

PBrunsel: Today Senator Tweed of Northeast introduced a bill to the Senate that will forver ban all abortions after the first trimester. Today is a victory for the Right to Life League, and the forces of righteousness all over the world.

As we continue to bear the cross of abortion, our great furhter humiliates itself. We will at last have abortion banned except for the first 6 months. Thius is a great steo and a great victory for America.

This is the first step in the long trail that we must walk to end all abortions in America. For with this bill, we can throw the chains of partisanship off our sholders and work for the greater good to end all abortions in America. This bill will make it possible to pass the Right to Life Ammendment.

"Even the tallest tower begins with one stone," as the proverb states. This bill is the one stone that will build a great tower. This tower will stand in triumph as we save the lives of the millions of children who will never see life.

I have full support for Senator Tweed's bill. I hope it shall pass, and I hope we can save the little ones who will be threatened with death before they have a chance to live.

(PBrunsel leaves the stage as cameras flash.)
Schmitz in 1972
Liberty
United States

« Reply #94 on: October 19, 2004, 07:03:49 PM »

I hereby join the Right to Life League. In doing so I hope many other citizens of Atlasia will follow. For over 30 years we have let cold blooded murders be commited because of one Supreme Court case back in 1973. Many members of the board weren't even born and might have never been at all as the ruling would have made their murder perfectly legal. My username is Liberty because it is very important to me but we must not forget that in his Declaration, Jefferson ranked liberty below life as the most important inalianable right. It is dismaying that the league has been pretty much inactive since May to the point where dubya2004 tried to start a new league because he did not know of this one. As a member of this league I will work to advance its causes. The 3rd Boss abortion act was a huge step forward, but we still have a long way to go. First, we cannot allow children to die because of some pseudo-barriers called trimesters. In our mission to allow everyone to experience life we must never give up. Thank you and God bless you all
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies