GOP and the Midwest
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 08:30:16 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  GOP and the Midwest
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Will the GOP control the Midwest?
Yes

Likely Yes

Likely No

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 23

Author Topic: GOP and the Midwest  (Read 3554 times)
Ben.
Ben
YaBB God

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2005, 01:05:16 PM »

Unlikely.

Iowa’s a probable GOP pickup, but while both Doyle and Granholm are vulnerable there doesn’t seem to be any Republican candidate around capable of beating them, the same might well be the case in Illinois where Blagojevich should be set for a near automatic loss, but thanks to the weakness of the state’s GOP he might well eek out a win, that is assuming former Governor Edgar doesn’t run (if he does then he’ll win).

Looking at Republican held Governor’s Mansions in Minnesota and Ohio, I can’t see how Pawlenty loses nor who could beat him, in Ohio whoever gets the GOP nomination is going to have a very hard time and Ted Strickland is well placed to pickup the Governorship for the Dems.

In the end I think the GOP’ll pick up Iowa and the Democrats will pick up Ohio… though the likely Democrat holds in MI, WI and IL are more to do with the weakness of the GOP in those races than the strength of any of the incumbents.
Cubby
Pim Fortuyn
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -3.74, S: -6.96

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2005, 11:50:13 PM »

Why does everyone here think that Blagojevich will lose? I've seen his low poll numbers, I mean for what reason is he unpopular?

At least the some states will have interesting Governor's races. Jodi Rell seems to be the only popular Gov. lately (along with Hoeven).

Walter Mitty why do you dislike Nussle?

Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies