NY-SEN Quinnipiac: Gillibrand +35 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:39:08 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2018 Senatorial Election Polls
  NY-SEN Quinnipiac: Gillibrand +35 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NY-SEN Quinnipiac: Gillibrand +35  (Read 2534 times)
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« on: May 17, 2018, 12:19:11 PM »

Which is interesting to see. I've been thinking that she may not do as well this year as in 2012, and that some of the counties in Upstate New York which most staunchly supported Trump will break from her.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2018, 07:47:39 PM »

Which is interesting to see. I've been thinking that she may not do as well this year as in 2012, and that some of the counties in Upstate New York which most staunchly supported Trump will break from her.

Gillibrand is doing about as well this year as she was doing in spring 2012. Quinnpaniac had her at 58% in May 2012 and her republican opponent at 24%.

That is interesting, but I would not be surprised if she slightly underperforms 2012, though of course, she will still win by a landslide margin.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2018, 08:22:59 PM »

Gillibrand is doing about as well this year as she was doing in spring 2012. Quinnpaniac had her at 58% in May 2012 and her republican opponent at 24%.

That is interesting, but I would not be surprised if she slightly underperforms 2012, though of course, she will still win by a landslide margin.

Given Trump is very unpopular in almost all of New York... I think Gillibrand does about equal to, if not better than what she got in 2012.

Of course, if she announce she was running for President in 2020, tomorrow, she might lose instead, but she's not that stupid.

I'm not discounting that, but there are many instances of a politician's re-election numbers slipping slightly from what they obtained before.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies