Bigger RINO/DINO: Badger or Santander
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 03, 2024, 07:06:46 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Bigger RINO/DINO: Badger or Santander
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: Bigger RINO/DINO
Badger

Santander

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 61

Author Topic: Bigger RINO/DINO: Badger or Santander  (Read 2118 times)
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 27, 2018, 06:38:29 PM »

I'll say Badger because he doenst agree with the GOP on anything while Santander agrees with Dems on Unions and hating Supply Side Economics.

Also Santander is just a troll while Badger it seems like is a Republican only so he can use that to lecture other Republicans on what a Republican should be like.
Statilius the Epicurean
Thersites
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2018, 08:02:33 PM »

Santander is disqualified for briefly changing his avatar blue
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2018, 12:58:08 AM »

WI: WalterMitty
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2018, 04:14:06 AM »

Badger. I’m more of a Republican than he is, Lol
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2018, 07:49:18 AM »

While it’s been a while, I remember Badger sporting a red avatar back when I joined.
Orthogonian Society Treasurer
CommanderClash
YaBB God
Bermuda

Political Matrix
E: 0.32, S: 4.78

P
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2018, 01:41:15 PM »

Santander is no DINO, he's a party line Democrat through and through; it just happens to be the party line of 1924.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2018, 03:51:53 PM »

Badger’s more of a Republican than Trump is, actually.  You’re about as much of a Republican as David Clarke is a Democrat.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2018, 03:57:21 PM »

Badger’s more of a Republican than Trump is, actually.  You’re about as much of a Republican as David Clarke is a Democrat.

LOL

Badger said he totally opposes supply-side economics

He thinks Reagan was one of the worst Presidents

He is very liberal on social issues

He said he opposes deregulation(even if you do the non banking sector)

He is pro union policies I believe as well

He is literally a Democrat on all these issues not just a few so in which way is he a Republican.

Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2018, 04:02:50 PM »

While it’s been a while, I remember Badger sporting a red avatar back when I joined.

Yep, he started out with a red avatar.  He and Mr. Moderate were recruited as mods of the US General Discussion board years ago, and it was a conscious decision to pick one Democrat (Badger) and one Republican (Mr. Moderate) for the job.  Both of them later went on to switch parties.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2018, 04:19:58 PM »

Yep, he started out with a red avatar.  He and Mr. Moderate were recruited as mods of the US General Discussion board years ago, and it was a conscious decision to pick one Democrat (Badger) and one Republican (Mr. Moderate) for the job.  Both of them later went on to switch parties.

I joked that Badger changed his avatar from red to blue right after I changed mine from blue to red, because he did not want to be in the same party with his fellow lawyer, who was protecting  krazen from his deserved and final fate, in part because I found him just fabulous on redistricting issues and a "top tier" poster on the Demographics Board, and had corrupted Muon2's mind via that vehicle. Or something like that. Smiley
Fuzzy Bear Loves Christian Missionaries
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2018, 05:15:14 PM »

I'll say Badger because he doenst agree with the GOP on anything while Santander agrees with Dems on Unions and hating Supply Side Economics.

Also Santander is just a troll while Badger it seems like is a Republican only so he can use that to lecture other Republicans on what a Republican should be like.

I have no idea why Badger is a Republican.

Santander is a Democrat at heart whose mind is somewhat blown by the hard-to-stomach social radicalism more and more Democratic pols not only embrace,  but seek to make a litmus test as to who's a "real Democrat"
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2018, 05:18:18 PM »

Santander is a Democrat at heart whose mind is somewhat blown by the hard-to-stomach social radicalism more and more Democratic pols not only embrace,  but seek to make a litmus test as to who's a "real Democrat"
I think Badger is a GOP county chair, at least from what I've heard.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2018, 05:23:34 PM »

Santander is a Democrat at heart whose mind is somewhat blown by the hard-to-stomach social radicalism more and more Democratic pols not only embrace,  but seek to make a litmus test as to who's a "real Democrat"

He lives in Franklin County now, which will soon be [now is] the most populous county in Ohio, so if that is true, that is most impressive.
PragmaticPopulist
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -5.57

« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2018, 06:58:12 PM »

Badger is.

I'm not even sure Santander is as much of a DINO as we think he is. Having spoken to him quite a bit, I know he likes being contrarian.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2018, 09:32:47 PM »

He lives in Franklin County now, which will soon be [now is] the most populous county in Ohio, so if that is true, that is most impressive.

Neither County chair, nor Franklin County. Central Committee Member, and former executive committee member ( possibly future as well).
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2018, 12:05:49 AM »
« Edited: April 30, 2018, 12:10:18 AM by Badger »

Badger’s more of a Republican than Trump is, actually.  You’re about as much of a Republican as David Clarke is a Democrat.

LOL

He is literally a Democrat on all these issues not just a few so in which way is he a Republican.

One. Supply-side economics are a joke. That is not a Republican policy, just a myth. I am a true deficit Hawk that understands, just like every pre-1980 Republican like Gerald Ford and Nelson Rockefeller, that a dollar worth of tax cuts increases the deficit just as much as a dollar worth of spending increases. It's not being pro Democratic it's being pro rithmetic. Or at least Antti myth.

2. I've never said I think Reagan is one of the worst Presidents. I do believe he is one of the most overrated. That I would mitt is absolute heresy among Republicans nowaday who universally worship at the altar of Saint Ronald. But let's face facts. There are no foreign policy accomplishments of the Reagan Administration one can point to, including their massive increase in defense spending, which notably hastened the Cold War. Some, such as an unwillingness to embrace Mandela and the ANC in favor of so-called constructive engagement i e open support, of the apartheid regime in South Africa, or support of the contras in Nicaragua, which were downright counterproductive towards the Iron Curtain falling. Nor do I believe his implementing the concept that government is the enemy rather than needs to be more efficient and responsive to taxpayers, which is infected and spread throughout the Republican party to extremely ridiculous Notions, has been healthy for either our party or the country. Proudly admit to being a Rockefeller Republican in that respect.

Three. I am no more liberal on social issues than Susan Collins, or at least Olympia snow. I realize that hardly puts me as the Republican mainstream, but if we are a so-called big tent party....

You're going to have to be more specific in terms of my opposing deregulation, but yes, unlike most 2010 era Republicans I learned my lesson from the financial crash, and think that repealing Frank Dodd is stupid and foolhardy. History has shown that the banking industry goes into waves of deregulation followed by crashes or other scandals followed by regulation followed by lobbying to undo the regulations and allow Shenanigans to go on. Am I really a bad Republican for wanting to just once be ahead of the historical curve?

5. Pro-union? Well, yeah, guilty as charged. But there is a history of Northeastern Republicans, and Midwestern Republicans for that matter, have a good relations with unions. Number of trade unions endorsed Kasich in his reelection bid.

I think you just need to readjust your concept of what a "Republican position" vs. A " Democratic position" is, and understand it's not impossible for an active Republican to worship at the altar of Saint Ronald and despise both Trump and his fat cat enabling policies. Just because I am to the left of Democrats like Dan Boren and Ben Nelson doesn't mean those are Democrat policies.

I probably have it here to the fact that my Rockefeller Republican, Kasich liking even though I think he's a bit conservative for my taste, and never Trump attitude is out of the mainstream of most Republicans today.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2018, 12:22:02 AM »

Now there was a cool dude.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2018, 12:48:20 AM »
« Edited: April 30, 2018, 12:55:40 AM by Old School Republican »

Badger’s more of a Republican than Trump is, actually.  You’re about as much of a Republican as David Clarke is a Democrat.

LOL

One. Supply-side economics are a joke. That is not a Republican policy, just a myth. I am a true deficit Hawk that understands, just like every pre-1980 Republican like Gerald Ford and Nelson Rockefeller, that a dollar worth of tax cuts increases the deficit just as much as a dollar worth of spending increases. It's not being pro Democratic it's being pro rithmetic. Or at least Antti myth.

2. I've never said I think Reagan is one of the worst Presidents. I do believe he is one of the most overrated. That I would mitt is absolute heresy among Republicans nowaday who universally worship at the altar of Saint Ronald. But let's face facts. There are no foreign policy accomplishments of the Reagan Administration one can point to, including their massive increase in defense spending, which notably hastened the Cold War. Some, such as an unwillingness to embrace Mandela and the ANC in favor of so-called constructive engagement i e open support, of the apartheid regime in South Africa, or support of the contras in Nicaragua, which were downright counterproductive towards the Iron Curtain falling. Nor do I believe his implementing the concept that government is the enemy rather than needs to be more efficient and responsive to taxpayers, which is infected and spread throughout the Republican party to extremely ridiculous Notions, has been healthy for either our party or the country. Proudly admit to being a Rockefeller Republican in that respect.

Three. I am no more liberal on social issues than Susan Collins, or at least Olympia snow. I realize that hardly puts me as the Republican mainstream, but if we are a so-called big tent party....

You're going to have to be more specific in terms of my opposing deregulation, but yes, unlike most 2010 era Republicans I learned my lesson from the financial crash, and think that repealing Frank Dodd is stupid and foolhardy. History has shown that the banking industry goes into waves of deregulation followed by crashes or other scandals followed by regulation followed by lobbying to undo the regulations and allow Shenanigans to go on. Am I really a bad Republican for wanting to just once be ahead of the historical curve?

5. Pro-union? Well, yeah, guilty as charged. But there is a history of Northeastern Republicans, and Midwestern Republicans for that matter, have a good relations with unions. Number of trade unions endorsed Kasich in his reelection bid.

I think you just need to readjust your concept of what a "Republican position" vs. A " Democratic position" is, and understand it's not impossible for an active Republican to worship at the altar of Saint Ronald and despise both Trump and his fat cat enabling policies. Just because I am to the left of Democrats like Dan Boren and Ben Nelson doesn't mean those are Democrat policies.

I probably have it here to the fact that my Rockefeller Republican, Kasich liking even though I think he's a bit conservative for my taste, and never Trump attitude is out of the mainstream of most Republicans today.

First on Pre Reagan GOP:

- Rockefeller Republicans was basically the GOP version of a DLC of the day when the New Deal Coalition was dominant and they needed the North East to win Elections. Nelson Rockefeller if he was a politician today he probably would be most similar to a Mitt Romney. Just Like Liberalism was in the Wilderness from 1980-2008 and Democrats had to choose between either being a Me Too Party to the GOP or lose every election, Conservatism was in the Wilderness from 1932-1980 and they had to make that same choice. Thats why Rockefeller Republicans dominated the day . Do you want Republicans instead to have been continued to be Democratic Lite to this day.

- Actually no Historians rank him in the top 10 or 15 and the fact is his economic policies did work (just look at the state of the country in 1989 or even in 1993 and compare it to the state of the nation from 1968-1981). Historians praise his foreign policy too , here:

https://www.c-span.org/presidentsurvey2017/?personid=337

Lastly on Reagan if you look at all GOP Presidents since 1896 Hes in the Middle Ideology Wise(All GOP Presidents with exception of Teddy from 1896-1932 were to Right of Him , and so is W and Trump) while only(Teddy, IKE , Nixon ,Ford, HW were more liberal) . So no Reagan fits in right with GOP historically.

Now on Policies:

- You opposed Auditing the Budget thoroughly

- You opposed cutting Corporate Taxes even though US had the highest rates in the world and they arent literally a tax cut on rich(Since CEO's salaries are still taxed at income level and Amazon makes very little profit )

- You oppose Right to Work Laws

- You blamed Israel more than Palestine for the current problem

- You said the NBA or NFL didnt have power to ban players from protesting(which NBA did) during the anthem even though their protesting on company time.

Now Some Questions:

- Do You support Requiring any Regulations proposed by an executive agency or department to have a cost benefit anaylsis done on it and only be approved if benefits outweigh the costs

- Would you say you support Pro Buisness Policies in General
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2018, 09:11:24 AM »

Santander isn’t a DINO, he’s just kinda his own thing
Fight for Trump
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2018, 09:20:18 AM »

Badger, my rhinoceros, there is no need to engage beep boop. It's not worth the time or energy involved.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2018, 09:56:11 AM »

Badger, let me ask the question this way: Can you give me, say, three issues on which your preferred policy would put you closer to the majority of Republicans than the majority of Democrats?
RFayette 🇻🇦
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2018, 10:07:07 AM »

It's interesting how this debate is morphing into whether or not we should define Republicanism based on some Platonic ideal of what a 'Republican' should be from a historical perspective versus what the majority of people in the party believe today.  Personally I favor the latter definition, though I do agree that Badger definitely would have had a strong place in the GOP historically.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2018, 10:47:05 AM »

Beep B00p,

You can't "be a Democrat on issue X" or "be a Republican on issue Y."  You simply have your views and you have the choice of which party you want to identify with (or none at all, obviously).  Whether or not either one of them passes your DINO/RINO exam is probably not losing them any sleep at night.
Fight for Trump
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2018, 10:48:37 AM »

Beep B00p,

You can't "be a Democrat on issue X" or "be a Republican on issue Y."  You simply have your views and you have the choice of which party you want to identify with (or none at all, obviously).  Whether or not either one of them passes your DINO/RINO exam is probably not losing them any sleep at night.

To your and Badger's credit, dinosaurs went extinct long before rhinoceroses, so I guess you are less out of place than me in a way.
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 9.53, S: 10.54

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2018, 07:18:39 PM »

Badger and I are proud Republicans!

#DeplorableDTC

Liberals can't take away my guns!
Pages: [1] 2