Does Trump win LaSalle Parish, LA with over 90%?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:09:22 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Does Trump win LaSalle Parish, LA with over 90%?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: Yes or no?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 51

Author Topic: Does Trump win LaSalle Parish, LA with over 90%?  (Read 4768 times)
I知 not Stu
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 26, 2018, 06:04:15 PM »

In 2020, does Trump win LaSalle Parish with over 90%?
America's Sweetheart ❤/𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖔𝖔𝖙𝖞 𝖂𝖆𝖗𝖗𝖎𝖔𝖗
TexArkana
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2018, 06:17:32 PM »

R support there is basically maxed out, so I doubt it. It should swing slightly D in 2020.
Obama-Biden Democrat
Zyzz
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2018, 06:47:40 PM »

Is LaSalle parish the most deplorable place in America?
scutosaurus
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2018, 06:55:07 PM »

Why are you so obsessed with LaSalle Parish, LA?
I知 not Stu
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2018, 07:05:49 PM »

It voted for David Duke several times and voted for Democrat Kathleen Blanco over Republican Bobby Jindal in 2003.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2018, 09:55:42 PM »

Its over 10% black, so no.
I知 not Stu
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2018, 10:07:12 PM »

The population is, but not the electorate. Some of the 12% black population is children and people not registered to vote. It's 86% white, but the electorate is likely more than that.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2018, 07:49:40 AM »

I nominate Winston County, Alabama. Literally just voted for a pedophile by 70 points a few months ago. At least LaSalle Parish can hide behind "it was in the past!" and point to them only giving Duke single digits in 2016.
TexArkana
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2018, 10:03:42 AM »

I nominate Winston County, Alabama. Literally just voted for a pedophile by 70 points a few months ago. At least LaSalle Parish can hide behind "it was in the past!" and point to them only giving Duke single digits in 2016.
Ironic considering Winston used to be a strongly pro-union, anti-slavery county during and after the Civil War. It was also the only Alabama county that regularly voted against segregationist Democrats for President.
I知 not Stu
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2018, 12:06:52 PM »

Ironic considering Winston used to be a strongly pro-union, anti-slavery county during and after the Civil War. It was also the only Alabama county that regularly voted against segregationist Democrats for President.
George Wallace won Winston in 1968.
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2018, 12:26:52 PM »

It has a prison so only about 7% of voter are black.
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 9.53, S: 10.54

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2018, 12:30:20 PM »

Doug Jones only got 16% in Winston Sad
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 9.53, S: 10.54

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2018, 12:30:57 PM »

Doug Jones only got 16% in Winston Sad

Jones actually did worse than Obama 08 in Winston...
I知 not Stu
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2018, 01:12:15 PM »
« Edited: April 27, 2018, 01:17:06 PM by ERM64man »

Probably less than 7% due to some of the population not being old enough to vote in LaSalle. At least Obama won the 2012 Democratic primary in Winston County, AL.
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2018, 01:19:51 PM »

I got the 7% from state voter registration statistics.
I知 not Stu
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2018, 01:27:52 PM »

Roy Moore is a neo-Confederate who easily won a county that supported the Union during the Civil War.
DabbingSanta
United States
P P P
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2018, 11:36:39 AM »

It flipped around 1960. Last of the pro union folk's grandchildren died out and all the whites there didn't know why they were voting for people who supported desegregation, liberal values, etc.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2018, 12:48:49 AM »

Roy Moore is a neo-Confederate who easily won a county that supported the Union during the Civil War.

Yeah, it's almost as if a place's stance in the 1860s is totally irrelevant to the present day. Paging RINO Tom.
I知 not Stu
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2018, 01:29:02 AM »

Still enough room for the GOP to pick up some white voters and break 90%.
TexArkana
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2018, 12:16:59 PM »

Still enough room for the GOP to pick up some white voters and break 90%.
I imagine any white people in LaSalle who still vote Democratic are the kind of people who would vote for a flaming pile of dog crap if it had a D next to it's name.
Skill and Chance
Atlas Icon
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2018, 12:18:02 PM »

Very white culturally Southern areas should generally swing Dem, so going with no.
HAnnA MArin County
semocrat08
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2018, 12:43:15 PM »

I thought the most deplorable county among Atlas posters was Forsyth County, Georgia, but I guess the pretty big swing towards Hillary in 2016 knocked them out of the running Smiley 

Cameron Parish, LA tends to be despised almost as much as La Salle, in large part because they gave McCain over 80 percent of the vote in 2008 while backing Mary Landrieu with just over half of the vote.

Agreeing with IceSpear, Winston County Alabama is probably one of the bigger deplorables in the basket, even though it was Hillary's best county in the 2008 primaries. Sad

Personally, I think Sioux County, Iowa is the most deplorable county. That place tends to be filled with clones of Steve King, one of the handful of people who may be just a tad more deplorable than the orange menace himself.

Speaking of King, I thought King County, Texas would have surely cracked 100% Republican by now. Those poor 10 people who voted against Putin's Puppet must be some of the loneliest folks out there.
I知 not Stu
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2018, 07:19:04 PM »

Winston County used to be great (pro-Union) during the Civil War. What happened?
GMantis
Dessie Potter
Junior Chimp
Bulgaria

« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2018, 10:22:09 AM »

Let's not get too judgemental here. If Doug Jones was the pedophile, I wouldn't be surprised if he still won Macon county by 70%, for example.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2018, 10:29:41 AM »

It voted for David Duke several times and voted for Democrat Kathleen Blanco over Republican Bobby Jindal in 2003.

Great, but why are you so obsessed with it?  LOL...

Yeah, it's almost as if a place's stance in the 1860s is totally irrelevant to the present day. Paging RINO Tom.

Haha, between PNM, MT Treasurer and you, I can barely keep track of my beliefs about the GOP and the past and RINOs!  Good thing I can comfortably delegate the task of knowing what I think to you three now, though. Wink
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies