All inclusive worst Republican president (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 07:56:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  All inclusive worst Republican president (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who is the worst Republican president of the last 100 years?
McKinley

T. Roosevelt

Taft

Harding

Coolidge

Hoover

Eisenhower

Nixon

Ford

Reagan

Bush41

Bush43

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 132

Author Topic: All inclusive worst Republican president  (Read 18870 times)
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.88, S: 1.59

« on: September 30, 2005, 05:10:25 AM »

I don't see how people are saying Bush43 is worse than Harding and Hoover.  Those two go on their own plateau--it's that that the people lving through Bush tend to exaggerate his ineptitude as they have experience it themselves and not just read some articles on the internet.

Many of these people have no historical perspective.  I think more recent presidents should be left out of these surveys because there's no way to judge a president still in office, or one who has recently left.

Those who say Bush 43 is the worst president are only revealing their own biases and lack of historical perspective.  The jury will be out on his presidency for some time after he leaves office.  Many of these people probably don't realize that many presidents now considered great were thought of in the same way when they were in office.  Harry Truman is the best example I can think of.  Except for his first year or so in office, Truman was highly controversial and pretty unpopular for most of his nearly eight years in office.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies