Extremist Turks brainwash children to pose as fighters/bodies in Vienna mosque
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 12:30:05 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Extremist Turks brainwash children to pose as fighters/bodies in Vienna mosque
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Extremist Turks brainwash children to pose as fighters/bodies in Vienna mosque  (Read 4035 times)
parochial boy
parochial_boy
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.38, S: -6.78

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2018, 08:00:29 AM »

The reason Muslims tend not to go skiing is because they mostly don't live in the mountains and are mostly low income, meaning that a day trip skiiing is both prohibitively expensive (like 200+ CHFs for just for day passes for a family of four, plus food, plus gear and so on...) and a logistical nightmare if you don't have a car (like a train then two busses). Unless you live within 20 minutes of a resort, skiing is an activity for the wealthy only, even if you live in Zurich or Vienna.

Also, it is possible to adopt the culture of a society you are immigrating to at the same time as maintaining your own culture, which is what a lot of people actually do.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2018, 11:08:50 AM »

What about Austrians who have lived in the country for generations who don't enjoy yodelling or skiing? Are they frauds? What about Frenchmen who don't drink wine or have marital affairs? Or English people who know how to cook? Why reduce one's own country to a set of cardboard stereotypes?
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2018, 11:45:55 AM »

What about Austrians who have lived in the country for generations who don't enjoy yodelling or skiing? Are they frauds? What about Frenchmen who don't drink wine or have marital affairs? Or English people who know how to cook? Why reduce one's own country to a set of cardboard stereotypes?

No need to become cynical. You know exactly what I mean. Keeping the destructive, non-integrating elements out, because we already have enough of our own problems. We don't need more imported problems. Why are you guys never admitting in a single post that these actions by the Turks etc. are a massive problem that needs to be fixed by throwing them out of the country or not letting them in in the first place ? You act as this is business as usual and nothing needs to be done. Society needs to "accept this as a fact" ?
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2018, 11:59:54 AM »

It's not that that confuses me though. It's the notion that someone should not simply be obligated to follow the law (something most everyone agrees with), but go above and beyond that: to abandon any deviancy from the norm and adopt in full their hosts culture that intrigues me. To me the most important part of European culture is that we are democratic and allow each individual to reach his or her own personal aim without hurting others.

Your argument seems to me that being part of a subculture, or otherwise being "weird" is inherently deviant and suspicious behaviour.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #29 on: May 05, 2018, 12:20:13 PM »

I have even better idea. How about requiring all Muslims to eat at least two pork meals per week at the risk of being deported? They must integrate, not live in their parallel backward food culture!
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #30 on: May 06, 2018, 12:36:13 AM »

It's not that that confuses me though. It's the notion that someone should not simply be obligated to follow the law (something most everyone agrees with), but go above and beyond that: to abandon any deviancy from the norm and adopt in full their hosts culture that intrigues me. To me the most important part of European culture is that we are democratic and allow each individual to reach his or her own personal aim without hurting others.

Your argument seems to me that being part of a subculture, or otherwise being "weird" is inherently deviant and suspicious behaviour.

That's not correct: Many of those who come into the country are a threat to democracy and are anti-semitic and religiously backwards. These problems still exist to some extent in the local population as well, but on a much smaller scale. No need to import more of these democracy-destroying folks. I on the other hand want to protect democracy with these measures. That's a rather huge difference. It's not that I think being part of a subculture, or otherwise being "weird" is inherently deviant and suspicious behaviour, it's certain criminal and backwards subsets of these subcultures that I'm against. There needs to be strict screening who comes in and who doesn't and especially strict screening in favour of liberal & pro-democratic immigrants who have a desire to follow our lifestyle and respect human rights. The current immigrants from the Arab and African regions do not meet this criteria. Maybe in 100-200 years.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #31 on: May 06, 2018, 12:44:37 AM »

I have even better idea. How about requiring all Muslims to eat at least two pork meals per week at the risk of being deported? They must integrate, not live in their parallel backward food culture!

Why are you always resorting to sarcasm when you run out of arguments ?

Excesses like the ones in this thread by the extremist Turks, caused by unregulated immigration, is a massive problem. Start accepting it as a problem and deal with it instead of ignoring and ridiculing it.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #32 on: May 06, 2018, 01:09:35 AM »

But Tender, you're running away from your own comment. I completely agree with the fact that any criminal asylum seekers, including those spreading hate speech or misogynistic harassment of women etc, should not be welcome. What I take exception to is your statement that an asylum seeker or migrant not skiing is in itself a disturbing thing. Assuming they are not anti-social and they follow the law, I'd say their lack in interest in a particular recreation to be pretty unimportant in the grand scheme of things.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #33 on: May 07, 2018, 02:22:21 PM »

Excesses like the ones in this thread by the extremist Turks, caused by unregulated immigration, is a massive problem. Start accepting it as a problem and deal with it instead of ignoring and ridiculing it.

Nobody claims there's no problem here, but to reduce it to whether people are skiing or not is plain ridiculous. Sorry, but such requirements are never leading to any good.

There's a difference between people learning how to function in a diffrent society and being expected, or even forced, to abandon their heritage.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #34 on: May 07, 2018, 04:54:37 PM »

LOL
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -8.78

« Reply #35 on: May 07, 2018, 09:10:45 PM »

As an American, I think it's strange when foreigners do not eat at McDonald's four times a week
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #36 on: May 08, 2018, 01:21:01 PM »
« Edited: May 28, 2018, 08:41:35 AM by Gustaf »

Nobody claims there's no problem here, but to reduce it to whether people are skiing or not is plain ridiculous. Sorry, but such requirements are never leading to any good.

There's a difference between people learning how to function in a diffrent society and being expected, or even forced, to abandon their heritage.

That was only one example, but in general it is correct: How many Somalis are in Norwegian cross-country teams ? How many are playing in the Swedish ice hockey league ?

As an American, I think it's strange when foreigners do not eat at McDonald's four times a week

Eating at McDonalds is sooo comparable with Turkish extremists in other countries teaching their kids to become child warriors for the Islamo-Fascist Emperor Erdogan ...
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #37 on: May 08, 2018, 01:39:01 PM »

And of course, when black people do achieve excellence in sports and enter their national teams (e.g. French football) the Right celebrate, right?
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #38 on: May 08, 2018, 03:21:23 PM »

And of course, when black people do achieve excellence in sports and enter their national teams (e.g. French football) the Right celebrate, right?
Tender generally votes SPÖ and isn't even on the right, but yes, most of us on the right actually celebrate that. Do you seriously think most right-wing or even most PVV voters in NL are against foreign-born players on the Dutch national team? 4chan /pol/ probably is, but don't confuse the internet right with the actual right. Most people on the right want immigrants to succeed.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #39 on: May 08, 2018, 03:28:33 PM »

Tender generally votes SPÖ and isn't even on the right, but yes, most of us on the right actually celebrate that. Do you seriously think most right-wing or even most PVV voters in NL are against foreign-born players on the Dutch national team? 4chan /pol/ probably is, but don't confuse the internet right with the actual right. Most people on the right want immigrants to succeed.

I mean, I mentioned France in particular: there is a longrunning series of disputes about the number of black players on the national team (even from non-Right sources)?
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #40 on: May 08, 2018, 03:42:27 PM »

Maybe if black players had to run 15% faster to make the team?
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #41 on: May 08, 2018, 03:58:10 PM »

Maybe the lack of Somali ice hockey players in the f***ing Swedish ice hockey league isn't a really a problem of much of a high priority for Western civilization right now. Seriously, what kind of a medication is Tender taking right now?
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #42 on: May 08, 2018, 04:02:29 PM »

Tender, I'm really trying to give you a benefit of the doubt, but from the way you're formulating your opinion it sounds like it goes way beyond those Vienna mosque extremists. Almost as if you simply were uncomfortable with the Muslims being around you and prejudiced toward their culture.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies