Turkish snap election, June 2018 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 04:41:56 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Turkish snap election, June 2018 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Turkish snap election, June 2018  (Read 27426 times)
sirius3100
Rookie
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -4.71, S: -4.96

« on: June 25, 2018, 05:15:56 AM »
« edited: June 25, 2018, 05:44:55 AM by sirius3100 »

Two thirds of the German Turks voted for the sultan.
Only about 50% of the people in Germany with Turkish Origin are eligible to vote. And only 50% of those actually voted at all.

So I would guess that most of them either don't care what happens in Turkey, or think that they shouldn't influence it. Maybe because they identify themselves as German.
sirius3100
Rookie
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -4.71, S: -4.96

« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2018, 08:23:33 AM »
« Edited: June 25, 2018, 09:28:39 AM by sirius3100 »

So I would guess that most of them either don't care what happens in Turkey, or think that they shouldn't influence it. Maybe because they identify themselves as German.
Lmao, typical leftist European apologism for indefensible behavior by immigrants. 25% of German Turks are still hundreds of thousands of people.
I just wanted to point out that 16,7% isn't the same as 66,7%. We do know that a minimum of 16,7% of Turks in Germany support Erdogan and it may be up to 93,3%.
It's most likely that between ~1/6 and ~1/3 of the Turkish population in Germany support Erdogan/AKP (I see no reason why a Erdogan fan should stay at home instead of voting, and also no reason why people with Turkish background but no passport should be more likely to vote for Erdogan than actual Turkish citizens).

And I'd even agree with the assessment that those supporting Erdogan should really consider if Germany is the right country for them. And also agree that it is a huge problem when hundreds of thousands of people living here do not share our values.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies